• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain how Trump not winning Ohio is actually good for him? It seems like that really cuts into his ability to reach his delegate threshold.

Jarmel

Banned
BREAKING: Supreme Court nominee announcement coming tomorrow. Srinivasan or Garland.

I'd make a thread if I could.

original.jpg

McConnell gonna have to eat that written pledge live.

Gotchaye

Can someone explain how Trump not winning Ohio is actually good for him? It seems like that really cuts into his ability to reach his delegate threshold.

The idea is that if Kasich drops out Trump loses a bunch of later WTA or WTM states to Cruz, but in a three-way race Trump wins them.

Jarmel

Banned

It keeps Kasich in the game which cuts into Cruz. Look at Illinois where Cruz is going screwed over by Kasich voters.

Very likely Obama waited for the super tuesday to be over before he annouced his pick. Otherwise he would have injected himself into the conversation and that would have created uncertainties.

So now that this is effectively over, where do you want to see Bernie in the theoretical Clinton presidency? Cabinet post? Stay in the Senate? Head of the SEC or something like that?

It keeps Kasich in the game which cuts into Cruz. Look at Illinois where Cruz is going screwed over by Kasich voters.

The idea is that if Kasich drops out Trump loses a bunch of later WTA or WTM states to Cruz, but in a three-way race Trump wins them.

I guess I was under the impression that Trump had to win Ohio and Florida to have any chance of winning the nomination outright. If he's angling for just a plurality, I don't know how much it matters anymore because a contested convention is completely unpredictable.

Gotchaye

I guess I was under the impression that Trump had to win Ohio and Florida to have any chance of winning the nomination outright. If he's angling for just a plurality, I don't know how much it matters anymore because a contested convention is completely unpredictable.

That's kind of my thinking too, but I haven't tried doing the math. But if you think Trump's not winning a two-way race then this is probably his best shot at anything even if he has to settle for a large plurality.

Jarmel

Banned
Do we know who the pledged delegates actually are on the GOP side?

Wondering if Trump could flat out bribe them in a brokered convention.

VRMN

That's kind of my thinking too, but I haven't tried doing the math. But if you think Trump's not winning a two-way race then this is probably his best shot at anything even if he has to settle for a large plurality.

There are a lot of winner-take-all states for the GOP down the stretch. It's doable.

It's not going to be Garland. He's 63, I don't see the WH going that route unless they believe the choice is a consensus type. And Garland's paper trail is too long for that.

Kasich has won one race and lost most of the others in 3rd or 4th place and now the media is trying to act like the guy is the one to beat Trump.

VRMN

Kasich has won one race and lost most of the others in 3rd or 4th place and now the media is trying to act like the guy is the one to beat Trump.

Cruz is so unlikable that he'd probably lose in a contested convention scenario. That's why Kaisch will stay in until Trump passes the threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom