• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
It's always funny to see a trending topic on Twitter that's anti-Hillary because I can't tell who's who.

The reverse is also true lol. The other day I tweeted at Rich Lowry, who was decrying the state of the GOP, and I basically said that he and people like him caused this mess.

Instantly was retweeted/followed by a FUCKTON of Trump supporters shittalking the "GOPe"

Makai

I applied to a company and they gave me a multi-hour test. I told them I didn't want to do it so they dropped the test and went straight to interview.

Microsoft's racist Twitter AI has things to say about Cruz.

PPnCHnf.jpg

Adam is the best member of PoliGAF. I'm sorry y'all, but it's true.
No offense taken.

I haven't done shit for any candidate this season besides give some money. I'll do some work this Fall for Angie Craig in MN-2 and maybe take a road trip to Wisconsin to help out Feingold.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Or maybe not many Bernie supporters post here because of assholes posting condescending shitposts.

I've honestly lost a lot of respect for much of poliGAF during this primary. A lot of you have been no better than the shitty nonvoting Sanders supporters you love talking about so much.

pigeon, you're still cool.

This is true. Even as someone who has very openly been telling Sanders supporters that this shit is DOA barring Clinton getting herself indicted; there are definitely Clinton supporters here who are worse than any of the Sanders supporters on reddit, and remind me of the racist asshole Clinton supporters from '08 (btw, the irony that Sanders is getting crucified in GAF for using Clinton's '08 strategy is hilarious and hypocritical as hell). To be fair, the main OT threads (as opposed to community) are even worse.

This might be getting a little ahead of myself but...on November 9th, after America has voted and Trump has soundly lost. What do you think he does?

Go into hiding? He should, but I doubt he will. But he'll certainly become the biggest laughing stock of the last 100 years.

Cash his half a billion dollar check from Clinton's SuperPAC for winning her the election. It's all about cutting good deals, after all. :D

Sometimes I wonder if establishment has just come to mean any organization that's run and managed better than the Sanders campaign has been. That at least would apply to Planned Parenthood.

And most things really.

Same deal where people who are against me are X. Establishment, racist, sexist, etc. You could switch establishment charges against Clinton and her supporters with racist / sexist charges against Trump and his supporters. There's a lot of it to be sure, but it's pretty disingenuous and intellectually lazy to lump them all together.

I thought we were talking about GAF until that last sentence.

kiddddding

wouldn't that apply to many online communities though

Pretty much. I'd argue it 100% applies to Main OT GAF, at least those who post. There's a core group of posters who basically shout down and drive-by pile on people who disagree with progressive orthodoxy, tbh. I don't think there are that many, but those who are tend to be very loud and very asshole-ish.

Well, the central issue is how well the group handles information that contradicts their worldview. GAF does ok, I think, but GAF is also so damn large that the characterization of it in its entirety having any particular mode of groupthink is really oversimplifying. Now the Dreamcast Technical Pages, hoo boy.

Look, I'm just saying, if you wanted to design an experiment that would slowly distill ordinary videogame fans down the most rabid in-denial cult, it's hard to do better than Sega's console business from the Genesis to the cancellation of the DC, sorry not sorry :X

GAF is not big enough. Not nearly. Because we're not a random sample, we're a self-selected sample. Hell, if you took just the american posters, and compared their political views percentage wise versus the general american population, or hell, even gamers, you'd find that you're somewhere in the 1 in a trillion chance of GAF being randomly distributed.

How in the world did Obama win Indiana

From IL. That helps a lot. Midwesterners tend to trust each other, even if of opposite political persuasion.

Adam is the best member of PoliGAF. I'm sorry y'all, but it's true.

Lies. Ivysaur. So hot. <swoon>

At a Mia Love speech where she's ranting about "government overreach" regarding the government trying to change racist zoning laws.

Mia Love is right there with Bobby Jindal as one of the saddest human beings I've ever seen.

Now she's comparing government regulations to slavery, omg, woman.

At a Mia Love speech where she's ranting about "government overreach" regarding the government trying to change racist zoning laws.

Mia Love is right there with Bobby Jindal as one of the saddest human beings I've ever seen.

Now she's comparing government regulations to slavery, omg, woman.
Can't wait for her to lose.

Then she can change her name to Mia Lose because she's such a loser. Sad!

Crocodile

Or maybe not many Bernie supporters post here because of assholes posting condescending shitposts.

I've honestly lost a lot of respect for much of poliGAF during this primary. A lot of you have been no better than the shitty nonvoting Sanders supporters you love talking about so much.

pigeon, you're still cool.

This is true. Even as someone who has very openly been telling Sanders supporters that this shit is DOA barring Clinton getting herself indicted; there are definitely Clinton supporters here who are worse than any of the Sanders supporters on reddit, and remind me of the racist asshole Clinton supporters from '08 (btw, the irony that Sanders is getting crucified in GAF for using Clinton's '08 strategy is hilarious and hypocritical as hell). To be fair, the main OT threads (as opposed to community) are even worse.

I don't think I agree. When Clinton Supporters "go bad" they get condescending or mean. When Sanders supporters "go bad" they become delusional, say things counter to reality and engage in conspiracy theories. I also don't tend to see disparagingly racist/sexist comments from the former group. Like I'm not seeing an equivalence here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom