• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
HAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S GOING TO BE THE NOMINEE

GOPe:

WsNSvaD.jpg

Sianos

Looks like I somehow managed to overestimate the GOP - guess they're content with being branded the Party of Trump, huh?

That branding will take a long time to fade and will further poison the GOP name among minorities and the young even more than it already has, along with further enabling the alt-right swamp to rise up and the establishment's last hopes to sink further into the mire.

I'll reaffirm my initial vote that Trump will win the nomination - my gut was right, and I don't think I can give the GOP the benefit of charitably assuming competence any longer. May the tire fire burn for months on end!

Boehner is probably thanking his lucky stars he got the fuuuuck outta dodge before the wholesale destruction of GOP began. Guy seriously made the right move.

Any old VPs? I honestly don't know if any are alive, which isn't a good sign.

There are three living Republican Vice Presidents. Of course one is George Bush, who is already accounted for in the list of Presidents.

There's Dick Cheney, who has the stench of Dubya's administration on him and he was one of the less popular members of the administration in the first place.

Then there's Dan Quayle, who spent most of his Vice Presidency as the butt of jokes.

There's some small business owner masturbating to tentacle rape hentai right now who will actively run as a theocrat and fascist and he'll compete for the 2020 nomination.

It initially thought it would be Trump/Fiorina but its been edging towards Trump/Christie for a while now and this would seem to seal the deal.

Trump/Christie is probably the worst ticket I can possibly imagine. A pair of blow-hard NY/NJ bullies. Nationally, it seems like a total catastrophe.

What do y'all think that will look like this year? Because I could see a shit-show RNC helmed by Trump driving their numbers down. Now contrast that with the prospect of Bill, Barack, Joe, Bernie and Hillary forming a unity line at the DNC. She'll have like a 10-point lead.

yeah but what if she goes IN with a ten-point lead

It seems like the bad guys always win, so for the Southern Strategy to end up spawning this is just so, so fucking sweet. It took forty-five years, but holy shit.

And I post this all the time, but Ted Cruz is the least smart allegedly smart person that I think I've ever seen.

This PA delegate business is really entertaining.
A delegate recommended by Cruz, Joan Miller, said that while she got to meet privately with Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, she was uncommitted before Tuesday’s election.

“I was never was committed,” she told MSNBC, adding that Cruz aides “even asked and said they would help me get elected — isn’t that strange? None of us ever committed to him.” She is voting for Trump.

“I have no idea why the Cruz campaign put me on their slate,” said Aaron Cohen, a political consultant who noted that he never heard from the Cruz campaign.
Cohen won a delegate slot and said he is technically uncommitted, but will take Trump’s victory “into account” in his vote.
Several delegates said they disliked the coordination announced this week between Cruz and Kasich, and 27 opposed the idea of backing a Cruz-Kasich ticket at the convention.
Rick Morelli, a delegate backing Trump, said he liked Kasich as a potential running mate and he was “disappointed that they teamed up.”

Mike Puppio, another delegate backing Trump, said a “whole lot” of Republican voters in his district didn’t like Cruz and Kasich coordinating.

Mario Scavello, a delegate backing Trump, said she “lost respect” for Cruz and Kasich based on their alliance.

Vogler, the uncommitted delegate who leans towards supporting Trump because he won his district, said he didn’t care about Cruz and Kasich coordinating, but heard from many Republicans who did.

“Voters felt it was unfair,” Vogler said. “From my interaction, I think it hurt them more than it helped them in Pennsylvania.”

With all the public attention on Pennsylvania’s delegates, Vogler said he also received several threatening phone calls on election night.

“I received threats on my home phone,” he said. “People saying I better do the right thing if I know what’s good for me — it upset my daughter, who is 17.”

Vogler said the calls were “mostly Trump supporters,”
and while he doesn’t think they represent Trump, he added, “on a personal level, as a husband and a father, it’s very upsetting — we can disagree, but there’s no place for that. This is America.”

It seems like the bad guys always win, so for the Southern Strategy to end up spawning this is just so, so fucking sweet. It took forty-five years, but holy shit.

And I post this all the time, but Ted Cruz is the least smart allegedly smart person that I think I've ever seen.

Being smart doesn't mean that you are personable or have good situational awareness.

..... Really though, what is the plan for the GOP to win future elections if >90% of black people and Latinos vote against them moving forward? It's not like Trump is helping with Asian or Jewish voters either with his belligerence towards China and Japan and South Korea and Trump's embrace of fascism.

..... Really though, what is the plan for the GOP to win future elections if >90% of black people and Latinos vote against them moving forward? It's not like Trump is helping with Asian or Jewish voters either with his belligerence towards China and Japan and South Korea and Trump's embrace of fascism.

Their current plan is not letting them vote. It's working in a lot of places.

Fuchsdh

What about Condi Rice?

Edit: nm

It is still really weird to read stuff from pre-2008 and in hindsight feel that the politics was like everyone getting along and singing Kumbaya compared to the dysfunction and partisan hackery we've gotten in Congress since.

Rubenov

I will celebrate after the GOP convention. I don't want to count the sleaziest person in politics (Cruz) out yet.

And I repeat, Trump being the nominee is just too good.

Havoc2049

It initially thought it would be Trump/Fiorina but its been edging towards Trump/Christie for a while now and this would seem to seal the deal.

Trump/Christie is probably the worst ticket I can possibly imagine. A pair of blow-hard NY/NJ bullies. Nationally, it seems like a total catastrophe.

RUUUUBIOOO!!!

:)

Remember when Jeb! started laying off people and downsizing and it totally didn't mean he was going to drop out, it just meant he was even stronger and more efficient than ever!

SheSaidNo

They can try to reframe the issues into class issues rather than race issues. Take welfare, for instance, which they tried to racialize with welfare queen imagery. There has been research done that if middle-class minorities view an issue as race-linked they are more likely to have a liberal position, whereas if they view an issue as class-linked then they will most likely have a conservative position.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
wait, does Cruz think Carly is going to help him in CA? lol

Its a desperation move because Ted thinks Lady Voters will vote for the team that has a Lady on it.

(I feel pretty confident the RNC probably uses the term "Lady Voters")

PBY

Banned
Eric got the blicky out already

Eric TrumpVerified account
‏@EricTrump
This is truly one of the greatest acts of desperation I have ever seen. #Cruz #GraspingatStraws

Holmes

Clinton's margin in each state in 2008 versus 2016, assuming Sanders = Obama:
Clinton ended up getting a slightly more narrow margin of victory in New York (-1.1%) compared to 2008, despite how hotly contested that state was. She improved in Connecticut, her only New England state that she improved on compared to 2008. And she collapsed in Rhode Island.

Clinton's state percentages in 2008 versus 2016:
Now that all of New England is in, it's clear that it wasn't a great region for Hillary. Her only improvement there compared to 2008 was Connecticut, in large part thanks to her crushing margins in the NYC suburbs in Fairfield county. Rhode Island was the New England state with the second biggest swing against her (the first being Vermont). She also underperformed in Arkansas and Oklahoma, thanks to conservative Dixiecrats, and some caucuses here and there, mostly in the west.

She's improved in every midwestern state that's voted so far, save for Michigan, which bodes well for her chances in Indiana, which she won in 2008. She also got 65-67% of the vote in Kentucky and West Virginia in 2008, so while those two states will very likely see strong swings against her, there might be enough residual support in those states to carry her to victory. She did 13.3% worse in 2016 in Oklahoma than in 2008, so if there's a similar swing in KY and WV, she should still make it over the top. Even if there's a Rhode Island-like swing, she still barely hangs on to them.

Oh my God, Cruz is so fucking desperate that he doesn't see that this is only going to help Trump.
Lolololol
Trump's response to this tonight will be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom