• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Someone on my twitter feed is trying to argue that Jill Stein is a better candidate than Clinton. I know we spent a few pages shitting on Stein but does anyone have a summary? I don't want to have to search through a bunch of pages from a few days ago.

kess

Remember the back and forth that was going down in an earlier thread over Carly's Planned Parenthood assertions? Maybe that's the angle Cruz is going for -- the hard evangelical vote in a state that was pushing Religious Liberty bills not too long ago.

Or he's just crazy and desperate

kadotsu

Banned
I hope that a chance of a contested convention remains until CA so we can bask in the CRORINA glory for as long as possible.

This Cruz/Fiorina ticket is satanic and ungodly.

5q5YjxK.gif

I bet a Bernie Bro that Trump and Hillary would win and he's soooooo fucking mad today. "BernieorBust! Hillary won't do anything as president." Other than climate change and abortion and LGBT rights and Citizens United and criminal justice, this sounds right.

ivysaur12

Banned
Someone on my twitter feed is trying to argue that Jill Stein is a better candidate than Clinton. I know we spent a few pages shitting on Stein but does anyone have a summary? I don't want to have to search through a bunch of pages from a few days ago.

Soft anti-vaxxer, for one.

Stein says Obama should be on trial for treason for supporting TPP.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's happened twice.

The first time was Reagan in 1976 in his failed primary run against Ford.

The second time... You're seeing it!

"See, I TOLD you I was just like Reagan!"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just think that that its a mistake to make a move that can be categorized as "desperate" by even the lowest-attention voter.

I get that its literally an excuse to hold a press conference, but I think this is very much a high-risk, low reward thing to do.

And that's saying something considering Trump's in this and Bernie actually took a trip to the Vatican in the middle of his campaign.

Whatever happened to the guy who assured us that trip was a stroke of genius which would score Bernie big points with Northeastern Catholics?

PBY

Banned
Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 18m18 minutes ago Washington, DC
MSNBC recontacted unbound PA delegates after the results; 35 say they'll support Trump

Holmes

You guys think Carly's bad? Just wait until Trump makes his pick.

Tbh I'm spooked, Clinton please pick safe southern white guy from a swing state.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's happened twice.

The first time was Reagan in 1976 in his failed primary run against Ford.

The second time... You're seeing it!

So Cruz is going to win in 2020 and we will be stuck with him for eight years =(...Clinton is Carter =(

Honestly I could see this happening.

I still haven't seen anything past innuendo to confirm this. I'd like something more to counter the, uh, Steniers in my social media feeds.

She co-wrote a book called "In Harm's Way: Toxic Threats to Child Development" about unnatural substances given to children and how it contributes to learning disabilities like ADHD and autism.

These disabilities are clearly the result of complex interactions among genetic, environmental, and social factors that impact children during vulnerable periods of development. Research demonstrates that pervasive toxic substances, such as mercury, lead, PCBs, dioxins, pesticides, solvents, and others, can contribute to neurobehavioral and cognitive disorders. Human exposure to neurotoxic substances is widespread. A review of the top twenty chemicals reported released under the 2000 Toxics Release Inventory reveals that nearly half are known or suspected neurotoxicants. Over 2 billion pounds of these neurotoxic chemicals were released on-site by facilities into the air, land or water.

I'm not sure if it directly mentions vaccines in the full book or if it just uses that dog whistle.

Paskil

"Together, we will win" is like the worst campaign slogan ever. Any rational person will look at the slogan and then look at the delegate counts and say "Nope."

I don't want to see sexist attacks against Fiorina just because she's a horrible person.

I feel like if you have to resort to gender attacks on Fiorina, we can just assume you're a misogynist. Like there is so much you can pull from when talking about how horrible she is as a person.

Emarv

I swear, if Trump picks Christie for VP that's when I'll know he's a Clinton plant trying to throw the General Election.

Holmes

It's going to be funny seeing people badger Fiorina on whether or not she'll vote for Trump in November when he wins the nomination after what she's said about that today.

Remember the back and forth that was going down in an earlier thread over Carly's Planned Parenthood assertions? Maybe that's the angle Cruz is going for -- the hard evangelical vote in a state that was pushing Religious Liberty bills not too long ago.

Or he's just crazy and desperate

It could very well be the case. It's a bit of a gamble though since Indiana is a state where there's a (somewhat uneasy) alliance between religious conservatives and business conservatives. Mike Pence has actually hurt his popularity a fair amount with the "religious freedom" stuff. In comparison, his predecessor Mitch Daniels tended to downplay social issues somewhat and was quite popular.

Crocodile

I NEED trumps counter speech. I need it now. Give it to me. Does he have a rally tonight????

Trump has a rally tonight

Trump: "So Cruz thinks a loser + a loser = a winner? That guys isn't so good at math. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the man who seemingly doesn't realize he is mathematically ELIMINATED.! Sad!"

If Cruz's campaign wasn't already tanked, Carly Fiorina would have probably bankrupted it or something. But at this stage it's just a sideshow.

Trump is main stage.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
MSNBC recontacted unbound PA delegates after the results; 35 say they'll support Trump

How many are there total?

Holmes

Honestly I'm so heated right now. I can only imagine how I'll feel after Trump picks his VP and after the Republican convention.

What if Carly is Cruz's attempt to bury Trump with sexism?

Cruz is playing 3rd earth chess

More like underworld chess, since his campaign is DOA.

What's the official PoliGAF line on this situation? Why, specifically, are we making fun of it? The top reason.

--Desperate stunt of failing candidate?
--Choosing HER?
--Is he getting a divorce, because she sounds like his new wife.
--....%(*@#&$(@*&...? (There are no words to accurately describe the situation?)
--LOLOLOLOLOLOlololol! (No way of measuring; A combination of all?)

Edit: Jesus fucking christ. She's... singing? Yeah, I'm going on "there are no words to describe this."

I NEED trumps counter speech. I need it now. Give it to me. Does he have a rally tonight????

The real biggest mistake of this is doing it on a damn Wednesday! Trump has 2 days to get the bigger headline (some terrible burn on both Cruz and Carly), and he'll dominate the weekend media cycle. Idiots can't even figure out how Trump is winning after watching him do it for months! You do something on Friday to suffocate the weekend headlines, not in the middle of the week.

You know, the real best case scenario for the Dems would be Trump hitting 1237, and still getting it stolen from him. There's nothing that says the GOP can't change that rule about binding the party to the first ballot, or anything of the sort. They don't have to listen to the old rules going into the convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom