• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can try to reframe the issues into class issues rather than race issues. Take welfare, for instance, which they tried to racialize with welfare queen imagery. There has been research done that if middle-class minorities view an issue as race-linked they are more likely to have a liberal position, whereas if they view an issue as class-linked then they will most likely have a conservative position.

It's too late for that. You don't get a clean state on welfare after decades of tying it to race. Republicans can't just wish that history away.

Looks like cruzcarly.com is the campaign's domain now.

New slogan too:

8FcQKYE.png

Is this an announcement of his running mate? Because it sounds more like a story of "why I'm leaving my wife to marry Carly Fiorina." It's high school levels of fawning. It's... creepy.

mo60

I don't get the point of cruz naming someone as his running mate right now. It's pointless and their is no way cruz can win the nomination now. And lol at cruz saying trump won't get to 1237. He has a higher chance of getting there now then he did a month ago.

NeoXChaos

Clinton's margin in each state in 2008 versus 2016, assuming Sanders = Obama:

Clinton ended up getting a slightly more narrow margin of victory in New York (-1.1%) compared to 2008, despite how hotly contested that state was. She improved in Connecticut, her only New England state that she improved on compared to 2008. And she collapsed in Rhode Island.

Clinton's state percentages in 2008 versus 2016:

Now that all of New England is in, it's clear that it wasn't a great region for Hillary. Her only improvement there compared to 2008 was Connecticut, in large part thanks to her crushing margins in the NYC suburbs in Fairfield county. Rhode Island was the New England state with the second biggest swing against her (the first being Vermont). She also underperformed in Arkansas and Oklahoma, thanks to conservative Dixiecrats, and some caucuses here and there, mostly in the west.

She's improved in every midwestern state that's voted so far, save for Michigan, which bodes well for her chances in Indiana, which she won in 2008. She also got 65-67% of the vote in Kentucky and West Virginia in 2008, so while those two states will very likely see strong swings against her, there might be enough residual support in those states to carry her to victory. She did 13.3% worse in 2016 in Oklahoma than in 2008, so if there's a similar swing in KY and WV, she should still make it over the top. Even if there's a Rhode Island-like swing, she still barely hangs on to them.

Good work. Should expect update after OR for the May states and then after CA.

MEET CARLY
Just like Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina is a fighter. She fought her way to the top: from a secretary, to the first female CEO of a Fortune 50 company, to a 2016 Republican vice presidential candidate.

Those are some pretty impressive credentials.

Clinton's margin in each state in 2008 versus 2016, assuming Sanders = Obama:

Clinton ended up getting a slightly more narrow margin of victory in New York (-1.1%) compared to 2008, despite how hotly contested that state was. She improved in Connecticut, her only New England state that she improved on compared to 2008. And she collapsed in Rhode Island.

Clinton's state percentages in 2008 versus 2016:

Now that all of New England is in, it's clear that it wasn't a great region for Hillary. Her only improvement there compared to 2008 was Connecticut, in large part thanks to her crushing margins in the NYC suburbs in Fairfield county. Rhode Island was the New England state with the second biggest swing against her (the first being Vermont). She also underperformed in Arkansas and Oklahoma, thanks to conservative Dixiecrats, and some caucuses here and there, mostly in the west.

She's improved in every midwestern state that's voted so far, save for Michigan, which bodes well for her chances in Indiana, which she won in 2008. She also got 65-67% of the vote in Kentucky and West Virginia in 2008, so while those two states will very likely see strong swings against her, there might be enough residual support in those states to carry her to victory. She did 13.3% worse in 2016 in Oklahoma than in 2008, so if there's a similar swing in KY and WV, she should still make it over the top. Even if there's a Rhode Island-like swing, she still barely hangs on to them.
imo it's a little foolish to write off KY and WV for Clinton based on anything other than "we've already won so who gives a shit" People said the same of Indiana, already pegging it for Sanders but polling has shown it to be very close.

I think she wins KY and IN this month

NeoXChaos

imo it's a little foolish to write off KY and WV for Clinton based on anything other than "we've already won so who gives a shit" People said the same of Indiana, already pegging it for Sanders but polling has shown it to be very close.

I think she wins KY and IN this month

If you read that Politico article they have doubts about KY. WV has too many anti-Obama Democrats to vote for Hillary. A lot of her 08 vote came from that + the R race being over in 08 by that point. KY too probably.

Seeing dim prospects in Kentucky’s closed primary, the campaign is now hoping for a stretch of May wins in Indiana, West Virginia, and Oregon, followed by others like Montana in June. That wouldn’t significantly cut into Clinton’s delegate lead, aides acknowledge, but Sanders seems intent on campaigning through California, the biggest delegate target of all, which votes June 7.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/sanders-caught-in-political-trap-222380#ixzz473umz96l

What's the official PoliGAF line on this situation? Why, specifically, are we making fun of it? The top reason.

--Desperate stunt of failing candidate?
--Choosing HER?
--Is he getting a divorce, because she sounds like his new wife.
--....%(*@#&$(@*&...? (There are no words to accurately describe the situation?)
--LOLOLOLOLOLOlololol! (No way of measuring; A combination of all?)

Edit: Jesus fucking christ. She's... singing? Yeah, I'm going on "there are no words to describe this."

Crocodile

"Clinton and Trump are the same!"

What sane person actually believes this?

Also LOL at Cruz being back to the anti-establishment role. Wasn't he the establishment's only hope as recently as last week?

If you read that Politico article they have doubts about KY. WV has too many anti-Obama Democrats to vote for Hillary. A lot of her 08 vote came from that + the R race being over in 08 by that point. KY too probably.
Yeah I guess I kind of just want her to win at least two of the May states just so we don't have to deal with Sanders lemmings going "WE WON FIVE OF THE LAST FIVE STATES MOMENTUM" before California.

Yes they will count RI as the most recent state

Oh you meant Sanders has dim prospects in KY. Well. Good for them

Tarkus

What's the official PoliGAF line on this situation? Why, specifically, are we making fun of it? The top reason.

--Desperate stunt of failing candidate?
--Choosing HER?
--Is he getting a divorce, because she sounds like his new wife.
--....%(*@#&$(@*&...? (There are no words to accurately describe the situation?)
--LOLOLOLOLOLOlololol! (No way of measuring; A combination of all?)
Call the CSI team to clean up this mess. Ted Cruz just committed political suicide.

I have a strong feeling this bullshit by Cruz is going to backfire on his face. Americans are by and large stupid, but I am pretty confident they're going to see Cruz' shameless desperation. It will make Trump look more "presidential".

Teggy

"Clinton and Trump are the same!"

What sane person actually believes this?

Also LOL at Cruz being back to the anti-establishment role. Wasn't he the establishment's only hope as recently as last week?

Oh, did he break out the "Trump has announced he's chosen Hillary for his VP" shtick? He used that idiocy yesterday.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have a strong feeling this bullshit by Cruz is going to backfire on his face. Americans are by and large stupid, but I am pretty confident they're going to see Cruz' shameless desperation. It will make Trump look more "presidential".

I agree that Americans are stupid, but we aren't stupid enough to fall for this shit. Even the dumbest among us will see this for what it is. I will be shocked if this doesn't backfire.

TLDR of Cruz's speech: "Vote for me for High School Student Council President! Zero of what I say is reality, and my running mate is the prom queen! Isn't that awesome?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom