• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, I'd like to see the DNC make an offer to Bernie to solve his issues with the rules committee delegate selection. They should offer to go with his 50-50 split with one joint appointee under the condition that Bernie drops out after his next loss. If he refuses, say tough shit and let them have their protest vote on the floor of the convention. It won't be the first time progressives have had floor votes over party rules.

It probably isn't worth it. He'll probably turn around and say they tried to bribe him to silence him and use it to fund raise.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That cartoon is a couple of months old, it's just getting revived for this "Drop Out Hillary" nonsense.

Also, Bernie arguing about representatives in the convention is really annoying. Is he planning some sort of procedural shenanigans? Is he game for Cruz-like fuckery?

I'd hope not, but Weaver is a crazy person and I wouldn't put anything past him. If we wind up with Bernie vs Trump, Bloomberg is going to announce the next day.

Kusagari

It's not like we ever saw Cain in a real contest anyway. He imploded by being a black man who sexually harassed white women beforehand.

If we end up with Bernie vs Trump due to convention nonsense, there will be riots. Millions would have their votes invalidated. Entire states of minorities would be forced to accept that Bernie told them their votes don't matter and he is right.

But we won't. Bernie isn't a good enough dealer to get anything like that done, and the DNC certainly isn't going to tolerate any of that nonsense. Hillary will easily win on the first ballot, no fuss.

I was on the fence about him leading up to the last election. It was everything he could do to keep a lot of shit under wraps until afterward. I sincerely regret my vote.

Also, regarding last night-- where were all you Mario 64 haters in 1996? Hell, I bought an N64 at launch *for that game* played it, was seriously underwhelmed and sold the system to rebuy later when there was a better library. But if you suggested it wasn't at least the best game of the year (or perhaps of all time) you'd be scoffed at. Sure, the graphics were amazing, but that's one thin-as-hell Mario experience.
Mario 64 is the best 3D Mario of all time. fight me

If we end up with Bernie vs Trump due to convention nonsense, there will be riots. Millions would have their votes invalidated. Entire states of minorities would be forced to accept that Bernie told them their votes don't matter and he is right.

But we won't. Bernie isn't a good enough dealer to get anything like that done, and the DNC certainly isn't going to tolerate any of that nonsense. Hillary will easily win on the first ballot, no fuss.
Yeah I don't see how anyone thinks Bernie could hoodwink the DNC into making him the nominee.

Who do they think we are, the Republicans?

One more thing I'd like to add is that Wang's key insights were really quite simple. The first was recognizing that Trump's lead in the polls was real while others were still dismissing him as a flash-in-the-pan. The second was that Republican delegate math really advantaged the leader or, to make it even simpler, that models should incorporate the actual delegate math. This was one of my biggest disappointments in data journalists this primary. They seemed to just throw up their hands, say "Republican delegate math is a mess," and rely on a bunch of (bad) heuristics rather than dig down and see what the math actually said.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Likely a reflection of just how disliked Hillary is as well. I have a feeling Hillary will put some distance between those numbers after the first debate.

She's been the GOP's boogeyman for the better part of 25 years now, besides the GOP always falls in line.

Paul Ryan literally 24/7
giphy.gif

Mario 64 is the best 3D Mario of all time. fight me

I've only played Galaxy, and not to completion. But it was better. Oh wait, SM 3D World I've played quite a bit of, and it's way better than 64 *or* Galaxy.

But I vastly prefer 2D side-scrolling Mario in any case. I hacked my old Wii to play the "Newer" homebrew and it was excellent.

Grief.exe

Paul Krugman's Op-Ed in the NYT today was about the media constantly softballing Republicans on economic policy and forecasting that continuing with Cruz/Trump plan being carrying degrees of absurd with no response from the media.

That is literally the easiest task in the world. She could pull a no-show and Trump would still look like a buffoon.

Agreed.

Hopefully Hilary puts him into the ground day one.

I've only played Galaxy, and not to completion. But it was better. Oh wait, SM 3D World I've played quite a bit of, and it's way better than 64 *or* Galaxy.

The biggest difference and what makes Mario 64 special is that the games after sunshine, like Galaxy were more about the developers saying "See, look at this level, look at how creative we are", were as Mario 64 allowed players to feel clever themselves by figuring out alternative/better and faster ways to get stars or make your way through the game. You can play mario 64 over and over again and go about it differently every time. The mario's after that, there really isn't much else to do other than play it the way the developers strictly instruct the player to do. Its why even though I love those games, the replayability factor they have doesn't come close to mario 64.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
1. Liberals freaking about Bernie stealing the nomination at the convention are literally insane

2. Will trump study for the debates?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OT in full diablosing mode about Trump already.

This is going to be a long election for GAF.

It'll get better once the Dem primary is finally over and we start to see solid match-up numbers.

1. Liberals freaking about Bernie stealing the nomination at the convention are literally insane

2. Will trump study for the debates?

1. Pretty much, but I worry about everything at least a little. It's the best way not to get caught off guard.

2. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

itschris

Ha!

Sitting inside the Hyatt Regency hotel in Washington, D.C., Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee and top emissary of GOP officialdom, was made to answer for Donald Trump.

“He’s trying. Honestly, he is trying,” Priebus said, staring awkwardly at the floor with a pained expression on his face as Politico’s Mike Allen asked what he thought of a tweet sent out into the ether by the presidential candidate on Thursday in honor of Cinco de Mayo. It pictured Trump eating a taco bowl and giving a thumbs up. The caption read: “I love Hispanics!”

The assessment betrayed an awareness that Trump, who boasts sky-high unfavorable poll numbers, has an incredible capacity for polarizing voters. At the same time, it conveyed a hard truth: What other choice does the Republican Party have, but to grin, or grimace as the case may be, and bear it? Welcome to the GOP in the age of Trump as official standard-bearer.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/donald-trump-reince-priebus/481638/

pigeon

Banned
The more I think about it, I'd like to see the DNC make an offer to Bernie to solve his issues with the rules committee delegate selection. They should offer to go with his 50-50 split with one joint appointee under the condition that Bernie drops out after his next loss. If he refuses, say tough shit and let them have their protest vote on the floor of the convention. It won't be the first time progressives have had floor votes over party rules.

I think this is way too generous. The DNC should give Bernie committee appointments in proportion to the number of delegates he receives as a percentage of the total.

But I vastly prefer 2D side-scrolling Mario in any case. I hacked my old Wii to play the "Newer" homebrew and it was excellent.

You're damn right 3D World is the best Mario game EVER. It's a pure joy to play. Galaxy is the best 3D Mario game, and one of the best Wii games, though.

My boyfriend just beat the first world of Super Mario 3D World. First video game he's played in a decade. (He's a big mess.....) He loved it.

The biggest difference and what makes Mario 64 special is that the games after sunshine, like Galaxy were more about the developers saying "See, look at this level, look at how creative we are", were as Mario 64 allowed players to feel clever themselves by figuring out alternative/better and faster ways to get stars or make your way through the game. You can play mario 64 over and over again and go about it differently every time. The mario's after that, there really isn't much else to do other than play it the way the developers strictly instruct the player to do. Its why even though I love those games, the replayability factor they have doesn't come close to mario 64.

You're arguing emergent gameplay? By biggest beef with 64 after the controls was that you HAD to replay the levels so many times. I didn't think the levels (or controls) were good enough that replaying levels was enjoyable. I also enjoy the curated nature of other other Mario games. You need bigger, deeper world's for emergent gameplay, IMHO.

Crisco

Banned
Ah well, maybe this is what needed to be done for Republicans to get on board with public campaign financing. Donald Trump is ultimate embodiment of the negative influence of private money on elections, and he's there problem.

I agree with Wang about 538. On the other hand, it's been kind of annoying because a lot of the criticism of 538 is coming from the left in an attempt to discredit the numbers that are monolith against Sanders. Certainly there have been some slip ups and missed calls and Nate's slip into punditry contributed - but it's unequivocally Trump where he fucked up, Sanders was just a few goofs in comparison.

ampere

So it sounds like the FBI has concluded that the e-mail thing is bullshit and the Clinton interview is a formality so they can officially close up the investigation while saying they did everything they were supposed to do.

So what you're saying is Joe Biden won't be our next president?

ampere

Also, regarding last night-- where were all you Mario 64 haters in 1996? Hell, I bought an N64 at launch *for that game* played it, was seriously underwhelmed and sold the system to rebuy later when there was a better library. But if you suggested it wasn't at least the best game of the year (or perhaps of all time) you'd be scoffed at. Sure, the graphics were amazing, but that's one thin-as-hell Mario experience.

We might love Adam overall, but he has some shit taste in games sometimes! At least he loves Binding of Isaac

I was 8 and got an N64 with Mario 64 for my birthday... obsessed. Played until I got 120 stars. Replayed it a few times since then too, such a classic.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Have any elected Democrats announced that they won't vote for Hillary?
Federal representatives? No, of course not.

We haven't really even heard that from any state democrats either. Hillary has an 85%+ approval in the Democratic Party.

We might love Adam overall, but he has some shit taste in games sometimes! At least he loves Binding of Isaac

I was 8 and got an N64 with Mario 64 for my birthday... obsessed. Played until I got 120 stars. Replayed it a few times since then too, such a classic.
Adam: wrong on Nintendo, wrong on pizza, wrong for America.

yeah there are 300 million people but most of your Presidents have served in the

-U.S House
-U.S Senate
-Governor of a State.
-United States Cabinet
-Vice President

No average joe is getting there unless through those five avenues which limits it to a group of 100, 435, 50 and 15 cabinet positions like Secretary of State.
It's almost like having federal or state government leadership experience is conducive to becoming the leader of the federal government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom