• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think there is a crowded field running for mayor in my local town. Dog catcher, local union leader for street food vendors, a Saladworks owner, a police chief for a department of 2 police officers, and marco Rubio.

studyguy

I think there is a crowded field running for mayor in my local town. Dog catcher, local union leader for street food vendors, a Saladworks owner, a police chief for a department of 2 police officers, and marco Rubio.

So what's the punchline here? Looks like a setup for a joke.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He doesn't need no, because he has a very good brain.

6358762479940251682145209276_giphy%20copy%206.gif

Apparently Monday is the last day to register as an Independent in Texas to be on the ballot. Texas is the first deadline for this.

Someone on reddit posted a theory Romney is going to swoop in on Monday and throw himself in the race, which is why Cruz/Kasich dropped out suddenly, and why a lot of high up GOP members are not supporting Trump or going to the convention.

This sounds hilarious. I want it to happen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Apparently Monday is the last day to register as an Independent in Texas to be on the ballot. Texas is the first deadline for this.

Someone on reddit posted a theory Romney is going to swoop in on Monday and throw himself in the race, which is why Cruz/Kasich dropped out suddenly, and why a lot of high up GOP members are not supporting Trump or going to the convention.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I don't see it happening. However, I imagine that would be the cutoff, because if you're the GOP, you need Texas. If they don't register there, its not gonna happen.

But again, its not gonna happen anyway.

studyguy

batman66bomb.gif

I'd like to see Romney jump on the grenade like that just to see what happens. Doubt it but this primary has been stupid so I'd believe anything at this point.

Um, you have to file on Monday with 79,939 signatures of registered voters that did not vote in the prior primaries.

As funny as it would be, it doesn't make sense. To preserve your party, you don't intentionally try to break it in half.

Unless the plan would be to let the GOP go down as a sinking ship and reinvent themselves with this new Neo-GOP party. Let the old GOP fade away, while the new party starts fresh and new with some of the same ideas, but with a chance to drop the unsavory ones.

Um, you have to file on Monday with 79,939 signatures of registered voters that did not vote in the prior primaries.

He could make it happen, I'm sure. If the GOP absolutely wanted him to.

PBY

Banned
As funny as it would be, it doesn't make sense. To preserve your party, you don't intentionally try to break it in half.

Unless the plan would be to let the GOP go down as a sinking ship and reinvent themselves with this new Neo-GOP party. Let the old GOP fade away, while the new party starts fresh and new with some of the same ideas, but with a chance to drop the unsavory ones.

An independent, Romney/Bloomberg ticket would be something.

That might actually succeed.

Dick Cheney said he was backing Trump on CNN. Kinda. He said he has always backed the Republican nominee and will do so this year. Trump is basically Voldemort among the establishment.

itschris

More likely than an independent Republican running is that Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party) gets more attention and votes than usual, especially if he makes an effort to appeal to #NeverTrump people.

More likely than an independent Republican running is that Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party) gets more attention and votes than usual, especially if he makes an effort to appeal to #NeverTrump people.
Johnson did really well for a Libertarian in 2012 so it wouldn't really surprise me if he had a significant pull this time.

Maybe he'll crack 5%

Meanwhile my mayor was reelected last year with no primary or general election challenger.

It's too late for anyone to have an independent run, a few months late really. NeverTrump kept hopes alive long enough to prevent that. Now they can either hijack an existing 3rd party with ballot access, or more likely, there won't be another 3rd party running.

I was thinking more along the lines of them changing the rules on Monday.

The GOP has no influence over the Independent rules. If the SoS changed the rules for the independent primary (which is a completely separate primary from the Dem/Rep primary) at the behest of one of the political parties there would be hell to pay. Hell, any procedural change made this late in the game would be challenged in court, and it would lose.

The biggest difference and what makes Mario 64 special is that the games after sunshine, like Galaxy were more about the developers saying "See, look at this level, look at how creative we are", were as Mario 64 allowed players to feel clever themselves by figuring out alternative/better and faster ways to get stars or make your way through the game. You can play mario 64 over and over again and go about it differently every time. The mario's after that, there really isn't much else to do other than play it the way the developers strictly instruct the player to do. Its why even though I love those games, the replayability factor they have doesn't come close to mario 64.
Exactly this. You don't have to do anything in a prescribed order. Nothing is locked to you once you have access to a level and hat abilities

daedalius

I have an artist friend who I'm pretty sure lives in like Denmark or something now posting Matrix memes telling people now that the Republican primary is over, Republicans can register democrat to vote against Hillary.

wtf!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's not going to stop. Not even a little.

By being this thorough they take all doubt away that she did anything wrong, it turns everyone who brings up the issue into a conspiracy theorist. This isn't the FBI's goal of course, they're just doing what they do, but it's going to be the end result.

NeoXChaos

Ivysaur can you tell me what is wrong with Joe Lieberman?

andrew kaczynskiVerified account
‏@BuzzFeedAndrew
Joe Lieberman asked radio if he's supporting Trump or Clinton says "neither" (not kidding) citing No Labels. Said he waited till conventions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom