• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangi

The best part of that map: if you flip Florida and Pennsylvania, two states she polls well ahead of him in, and keep all the other nutty stuff... she wins.

https://twitter.com/bettyfelon/status/728413530815377408

LePage skipped the line at the Maine Humane Society and ended up taking a dog from a sexual assault victim:

Hannah Arsenault had her heart set on adopting a cute 2-year-old Jack Russell terrier mix she saw on the local shelter’s website. Arsenault, 22, recently suffered a sexual assault and told the Lewiston-Auburn Sun Journal that she hoped the pup, named Jasper, would provide some much-needed emotional support.

The Greater Androscoggin Humane Society in Lewiston, Maine, says people can adopt animals on a first-come, first-served basis once they become publicly available. Arsenault planned to take off work and wait in line early Wednesday to be sure that she would be able to adopt the dog she had her eye on.

But on Tuesday night, she noticed that the organization had posted a photo of Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) with that very same dog.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/paul-lepage-dog_us_572cb2d9e4b016f3789579f4?mm0d5lz1bfi4pfogvi

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 4m4 minutes ago
Goofy Elizabeth Warren is weak and ineffective. Does nothing. All talk, no action -- maybe her Native American name?

Goofy Elizabeth Warren and her phony Native American heritage are on a Twitter rant. She is too easy! I'm driving her nuts.

Wow he's really going for the Native American attack.

ivysaur12

Banned
@realDonaldTrump
Goofy Elizabeth Warren and her phony Native American heritage are on a Twitter rant. She is too easy! I'm driving her nuts.

‏@realDonaldTrump
Goofy Elizabeth Warren is weak and ineffective. Does nothing. All talk, no action -- maybe her Native American name?

Uh.

itschris

uSrhQZl.jpg

I like the implication that Bernie's plan doesn't need to get through congress.

Brinbe

Instead of expanding the electorate, Trump's doing a great job of sowing discord/division within the GOP and destroying any support within his own party. Couldn't ask for a better start in the general. There might not be a contested convention anymore, but Cleveland's gonna be a real interesting for many different reasons.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-Romney-join-list-of-Republicans-7414561.php

And getting into twitter wars with smarter individuals that he won't win. Good luck with that.

On paper, Scott Walker is literally the perfect candidate.

-Hates the poor enough to be loved by the donors and rich people.
-Absolutely hates brown people and black people.
-Genuinely religious

...And he dropped to 0% in the polls after the second debate because he's an actual empty suit. Sad!

Minnesota and Florida going red seems very plausible to me *laughs until crying*

He also had the supposed electability argument going since he was elected and re-elected in a blue state.

But, yeah, he's a complete lightweight. Not just intellectually but also politically. The presidential primary was basically the first time he ever had to face serious competition. The moment you make him do anything other than spout talking points he's totally lost, but the Wisconsin Democrats couldn't come up with someone who could knock him off of his script because, well, they're incompetent. Also he had the good fortune of running in Republican wave years and his opponents overreached with the recall.

The gap between the candidate on paper and in reality is similar for Scott Walker and Sarah Palin.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Instead of expanding the electorate, Trump's doing a great job of sowing discord/division within the GOP and destroying any support within his own party. Couldn't ask for a better start in the general. There might not be a contested convention anymore, but Cleveland's gonna be a real interesting for many different reasons.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-Romney-join-list-of-Republicans-7414561.php

Yeah, the notion that he would try to work with the GOP is gone now. It's his way or no way.
His skin is far too thin and ego far too big.

Trump is losing a twitter war with Goofy Elizabeth Warren, pretty crazy
Lol.

Puts that "17 other republicans couldn't take him down, how can Hillary?" diablosing in perspective.

The answer is that the republican candidates were fucking morons.

Democrats are going to make him look so small.

Armaros

Lol.

Puts that "17 other republicans couldn't take him down, how can Hillary?" diablosing in perspective.

The answer is that the republican candidates were fucking morons.

Democrats are going to make him look so small.

Democrarts don't need to pander to the same trump voters for reelection while shutting him down.

Brinbe

Warren doing exactly what surrogates need to do, it's brilliant. Get under Trump's skin and keep exposing him. Those attacks worked against terrible Republican candidates but it'll be completely tone deaf when put up against actual respectable politicians. And she can actually go full-on unlike these other idiots who had no idea how to counter another Republican. It's like picking off idiotic online commenters, it's too easy!

Sibylus

Banned
I feel like Elizabeth is doing this for a reason. Is she?

I mean the default answer is no but
Not even a week into the Twitter beef and he's saying dumbass racist shit about native Americans. No amount of carefully tweaking of his terms is saving him from his worst tendencies.

.... Why does Trump think "do nothing" is a good attack against Warren?

I'm pretty sure most Republicans wish Warren would do nothing.

This isn't like where Republicans want McConnell to push hard right policies but he ends up doing nothing.

.... Why does Trump think "do nothing" is a good attack against Warren?

I'm pretty sure most Republicans wish Warren would do nothing.

This isn't like where Republicans want McConnell to push hard right policies but he ends up doing nothing.
Creating the CFPB is nothing lol

Reid created a position for Warren as a strategy coordinator so it's not surprising she's going in on Trump. She has a huge stake in getting a Dem majority.

Teggy

Yes, you're driving her nuts. Right.

royalan

God Bless Elizabeth Warren.

Nice to see the Democratic party swiftly coming together and organizing against Trump. Warren led the charge. Obama followed suit blasting the media today. I wonder who the next high profile Democrat is going to be to start lobbing grenades over the wall.

Cerium

God Bless Elizabeth Warren.

Nice to see the Democratic party swiftly coming together and organizing against Trump. Warren led the charge. Obama followed suit blasting the media today. I wonder who the next high profile Democrat is going to be to start lobbing grenades over the wall.

It won't be Bernie, that's for sure.

itschris

I wonder. Sanders is being intransigent now, but after the Democratic convention and it's 100% officially between Clinton and Trump, surely he'll work hard to make sure Trump isn't the next president?

Are there any Democrats left commanding and accomplished enough to be a good VP fit? In normal elections there would be plenty of okay options but Hillary Clinton is so formidable as a politician that everyone else just seems like a poor fit. Tim Kaine and Julian Castro are hardly strong choices.

Maybe Bill Clinton should just go ahead and announce himself her running mate already.

I don't think he'll go to the ends of the Earth to prevent a Trump presidency; my suspicion is he'll just kind of go back to doing what he was doing before this election cycle and not be very involved going forward.

I think his camp will split mostly down the line with supporting Hillary vs, just going back to being politically inactive 20-29 year olds, with a trace amount going to Stein or Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom