• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I wonder. Sanders is being intransigent now, but after the Democratic convention and it's 100% officially between Clinton and Trump, surely he'll work hard to make sure Trump isn't the next president?

That's what he says. But it's the way he constantly leaves that statement hanging open that has people growing more and more curious, as Rachel even noted after the interview.

In a two person race where Hillary WILL be the Democratic nominee, how does Bernie Sanders work to keep Trump from being elected without stumping for Hillary?

Cipherr

I wonder. Sanders is being intransigent now, but after the Democratic convention and it's 100% officially between Clinton and Trump, surely he'll work hard to make sure Trump isn't the next president?

Hell no. I bet he just slinks away silently. Maybe he says something... ONCE to make sure people can't call him out on not backing up his earlier claims, but I wouldnt put it past him to go radio silent.

The Democratic party will coalesce and barbeque Trump, but I don't expect Bernie to be a part of that for the most part.

thefro

Big Don seems to be getting kind of frazzled.

He was as big fish in a small pond of idiotic guppies before. Now he's a clownfish in an ocean of sharks.

Dude really has no impulse control.

Smart thing would be to lay low, unite as much of the party as you can, and let your campaign do most of the firing back. If you have to say something since your campaign sucks too bad to push back in the media without your voice, clear it with your staff first.

Instead he's off attacking people left and right who aren't the Clintons or Obama, while he has a shoestring campaign with shitty surrogates and while a lot of the party/party apparatus aren't behind him. The people who do actually support him aren't working with him in any kind of organized fashion. Don's got very little backup right now.

At the core of wanting a FOX news equivalent, or a Tea Party equivalent, is the idea that the solution to ever increasing right-wing/conservative polarisation is left-wing polarisation.

Fundamentally, that philosophy rings false.

Labour Parties are in the shitter in a lot of places after years of rule. But the diagnosis for some of them was that they didn't move far enough left fast enough. The reasoning behind this diagnosis I have no idea. The reality, so far as I can tell is that they lost the centre as the conservative parties and coalitions adopted just enough to move into that ground.

thcsquad

Are there any Democrats left commanding and accomplished enough to be a good VP fit? In normal elections there would be plenty of okay options but Hillary Clinton is so formidable as a politician that everyone else just seems like a poor fit. Tim Kaine and Julian Castro are hardly strong choices.

Maybe Bill Clinton should just go ahead and announce himself her running mate already.

I know people think I'm crazy, but Franken would rock the vp spot. His seat would be safe, and his wit makes him perfect for going on the attack, which will allow Hillary to stay above the fray.

GutsOfThor

God Bless Elizabeth Warren.

Nice to see the Democratic party swiftly coming together and organizing against Trump. Warren led the charge. Obama followed suit blasting the media today. I wonder who the next high profile Democrat is going to be to start lobbing grenades over the wall.

Nevermind. Just looked.

Teggy

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
I hear @JoeNBC of rapidly fading @Morning_Joe is pushing hard for a third party candidate to run. This will guarantee a Crooked Hillary win
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Joe Scarborough initially endorsed Jeb Bush and Jeb crashed, then John Kasich and that didn't work. Not much power or in

I didn't catch this. I guess the love affair is officially over.

As awesome as Franken is I just can't see Hillary picking him. He's too much of a risk. He's far riskier than the possible backlash of a two woman ticket.

Hillary's platform is that Trump isn't a serious candidate. He's a baffoon, windbag, child, not presidential, etc.

it's harder to make that argument your ticket is so much more serious when you attach Franken. I know he's proven he's real and serious, but there'd be too much out there to attack his credibility.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any Democrats left commanding and accomplished enough to be a good VP fit? In normal elections there would be plenty of okay options but Hillary Clinton is so formidable as a politician that everyone else just seems like a poor fit. Tim Kaine and Julian Castro are hardly strong choices.

Maybe Bill Clinton should just go ahead and announce himself her running mate already.

Hard to accomplish much when you've had 2 years of control in congress not dominated by republican obstructionism. Also hard to build a large stable of governors and mayors when democrats don't vote in midterm elections.

Also, Elizabeth Warren would be a hella strong VP. Her only problem is she's too strong to be wasted in the VP position.

ampere

Elizabeth Forma straight up callin that fool a racist!! Damn

I feel like the "she's not Native American" angle isn't going to help him at all, what's his game there. Same with the Lewinsky stuff. You really trying to get women to vote for you by blaming a woman for her husband's affair?

Sibylus

Banned
Don strikes me as the sort of poor impulse control guy that could have his time and image just flattened year-long by a couple dozen prominent faces casually beefing with him on Twitter. Does he have what it takes to step back?

HUELEN10

I'm fucking losing it. I lived i countries where people don't get a choice and lose their lives daily to earn that right and here we sit bragging about we are going to do nothing. It drives me fucking insane. sometimes I wish I didn't have perspective.

What is better. People making a choice they don't believe in or making an uneducated choice, or people who choose not to vote because they don't believe in whom they could vote for.

Nothing necessarily wrong with choosing not to vote.

starmud

That Oregon rally was something, between Hillary being an enabler for bill cheating and warren playing her fake Native American card, and were only a week in... Ah lol

Whoa, Trump is turning on Morning Joe? Also, if Morning Joe is rapidly fading (I wish), why the fuck is Trump calling into that show several times a week?

Trump has bitten off more than he can chew with Warren, take that L Donald

Grief.exe

Let them have their narrative if they want. Those are probably the closest states! Perhaps they've stretched the definition of "toss-up" to be 10 points this year? Sounds like the sort of awful editorial call CNN would make. Even with their very generous use of the term, it doesn't change the fact that every single one of those states are lean/likely D. All. Of. Them. And that's even before any Trump factor comes in.

Or maybe it is the liberal elites that are delusional and Trump is much closer than we think.

I do get worried every so often that the election is closer than we believe it to be, then I remind myself and calm down.

ampere

That Oregon rally was something, between Hillary being an enabler for bill cheating and warren playing her fake Native American card, and were only a week in... Ah lol

It's... reassuring to see how dumb he's acting. He could be playing the "unite the party" card hard and criticize Hillary's policies, but instead he's flipping the bird to party leaders and saying racist and sexist stuff.

At the core of wanting a FOX news equivalent, or a Tea Party equivalent, is the idea that the solution to ever increasing right-wing/conservative polarisation is left-wing polarisation.

Fundamentally, that philosophy rings false.

Labour Parties are in the shitter in a lot of places after years of rule. But the diagnosis for some of them was that they didn't move far enough left fast enough. The reasoning behind this diagnosis I have no idea. The reality, so far as I can tell is that they lost the centre as the conservative parties and coalitions adopted just enough to move into that ground.

The reasoning is pretty simple, tbh. It's the belief that, wherever they are and whatever the circumstances, there exists a secret silent majority that is totally leftist, but doesn't vote because they're underserved. If the fake left parties would only move left, they would turn out.

The reason they know this to be true? Everybody they know and everybody the speak to online are all in lockstep agreement, that if only there was a party that could serve their interests they'd vote for them. Surely this must be the case in the real world.

border

it's harder to make that argument your ticket is so much more serious when you attach Franken. I know he's proven he's real and serious, but there'd be too much out there to attack his credibility.

It's hard to call your opponent a petty bully if your running mate wrote a book literally titled "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot".

It's hard to call your opponent a petty bully if your running mate wrote a book literally titled "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot".

Yeah, I love Franken, but he's got a little bit of Trump on him, just in terms of rhetorical tone. Best to move as far from that as possible.

johnsmith

remember me
We need Montana polls. High Native American population, Obama almost took it in 2008. Could be in the next wave of red states turning purple.

Maybe he'll demand that all GOP Representatives and Senators attend the convention, and raise their hands to take a loyalty oath? :D
Doing that shit again on live tv.. Man.. That's an image.

Your Republican Party ladies and gentlemen.

He's so petty! He can't let anything go!
Seriously he makes teenagers look more damn mature.

Yup.

Also he's going to be the GOP nominee for the next six months.

Guys.

Guys.

Hillary is going to win like forty states.
It's going to be a wall of winning Aaron.

Teggy

I really need Warren to come back with something like, "Donald, if you're wondering what I've done, you may have heard of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. It helps Americans protect their money from questionable investments. Trump Mortgage, for example."

Honestly, I'm not even worried about a loss this fall anymore. Definitely concerned about potential violence, though.

I keep telling my wife this; there's just absolutely zero chance Trump beats Hillary. Like, look at the electoral map from 2008 or 2012; what states Obama won flip to Trump over Hillary? The math isn't there. So there's no reason to worry....

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. Because Trump never should have made it through the primaries, but he did. And all it takes is one disaster (such as a terrorist attack or a massive economic collapse) and suddenly people are thinking, well, shit, guess I better vote for this guy. And then we're fucked. It's like snorkeling. I know I'm not going to get eaten by a shark. But there's a small piece of my brain that's like "it's improbable, but not statistically impossible, therefore this would be a perfect time for an unscheduled panic attack, and incidentally, did you know sharks are attracted by uncontrollable thrashing? Cheery-bye!" So as much as I have faith that the American people are not, on the whole, stupid enough to vote for the rotting husk of a jack-o-lantern imbued with racist magics, I'm still steeling myself for the gutpunch of "well, guess it's time to start pricing real estate in England" come November.

A in Real Real Analysis (the one with Lebesgue Integration, Hilbert Spaces, Lp-spaces, equicontinuity, Fourier Series, etc) so As in all four proof based math classes. Hopefully looks good for Economics grad schools...

And these graduation ceremonies are a pain in the ass, omg. Like 4 hours of waiting for three seconds of accepting your "diploma."

Can any of gay gaf explain how dude with things in dudes earlobes that make their earlobes like twice as long and creepy looking are attractive?

Or is this just a bushwick hipster thing?

Can any of gay gaf explain how dude with things in dudes earlobes that make their earlobes like twice as long and creepy looking are attractive?

Or is this just a bushwick hipster thing?

I don't like super gauged ears, but guys with the plugs are pretty cute. I've been thinking of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom