• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to phonebank and facebank the good people of Puerto Rico and let them know that Bernie met the pope.

It's now been deleted, but there was a post on r/S4P explaining the importance of a massive phone-banking effort because "it's an establishment haven of low information voters."

They really are their own worst enemy.

It's now been deleted, but there was a post on r/S4P explaining the importance of a massive phone-banking effort because "it's an establishment haven of low information voters."

There were people on Reddit who was encouraging people to tell voters in Puerto Rico that because Bernie wants to break up the banks, they should "fudge it a little" and tell them that would solve PR's defaulting problem. Ugh. Don't lie to voters, please!

royalan

Therefore, Queen erased Bernie's wins in Rhode Island and Indiana. Rhode Island and Indiana were worth 107 delegates. Guam was worth 7. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

85KZz3D.gif

I'm so glad she ran against Obama in 2008. She learned (or her people learned) how to deal with someone like herself who won't drop out when they probably should. She managed to maximize delegate gains where she needed to while letting him run out the clock. Good on you Queen. Yassss.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Therefore, Queen erased Bernie's wins in Rhode Island and Indiana. Rhode Island and Indiana were worth 107 delegates. Guam was worth 7. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The supers are already in her category so she didn't really erase Indiana. :)

oh wait she did they hadnt pledged yet

7 Pledged delegates, 777. Damn Hillary, if you are gonna steal an election why make the numbers LOOK like fraud.

If only we had exit polls that could tell us, unimpeachably, the truth.

CCS

Banned
Now I think about it, Sanders' campaign failing to get off its ass and adapt in order to improve itself and have a decent chance makes it a perfect mirror of a lot of the "I'm a genius, but lazy" people who post on reddit and seem to think they're the apex of humanity.

Now I think about it, Sanders' campaign failing to get off its ass and adapt in order to improve itself and have a decent chance makes it a perfect mirror of a lot of the "I'm a genius, but lazy" people who post on reddit and seem to think they're the apex of humanity.
We just struggle with motivation, ok?

This is something my mom has actually been saying about Bernie for a while. Using her teacher speak, she has argued Bernie lacks any type of curiosity about anything. He's decided what is right/wrong/good/bad, and that's it. Period. He doesn't seem to be willing to listen. This is not an attack against him, because we're all prone to this from time to time. I think it's why his policy positions are not fleshed out. He *knows* that breaking up the banks is the right thing to do, so it doesn't matter why or how. He's right, damn it, and we're going to do it, so there.....because it's right. That's not a problem for a message candidate, but it is an issue for a serious contender.

I know a lot of people were making fun of Hillary's listening tours, but I genuinely think she has a spark of curiosity that Bernie simply doesn't have. She listened to the Mothers of the Movement. She went to coal country and listened, even when she was going to get shit for it. That's the type of thing I want from a leader. I want them to be willing to listen and engage, and not just stand on the mountain top screaming for everyone else to git good.

That may just be me, though.

CCS

Banned
This is something my mom has actually been saying about Bernie for a while. Using her teacher speak, she has argued Bernie lacks any type of curiosity about anything. He's decided what is right/wrong/good/bad, and that's it. Period. He doesn't seem to be willing to listen. This is not an attack against him, because we're all prone to this from time to time. I think it's why his policy positions are not fleshed out. He *knows* that breaking up the banks is the right thing to do, so it doesn't matter why or how. He's right, damn it, and we're going to do it, so there.....because it's right. That's not a problem for a message candidate, but it is an issue for a serious contender.

I know a lot of people were making fun of Hillary's listening tours, but I genuinely think she has a spark of curiosity that Bernie simply doesn't have. She listened to the Mothers of the Movement. She went to coal country and listened, even when she was going to get shit for it. That's the type of thing I want from a leader. I want them to be willing to listen and engage, and not just stand on the mountain top screaming for everyone else to git good.

That may just be me, though.

It's certainly a good point. If you're running as a message, you need a degree of stubborn certainty in your own beliefs, but an actual leader needs to be aware of what they know and what they don't, and where their beliefs are just beliefs rather than facts.

ampere

Wow... So Guam was almost a winner take all caucus. That's sort of hilarious

I don't remember Sanders ever saying he DIDN'T support the gold standard!

Priorities:
Gold standard
Get rid of free trade
Rename marriage
Privatize Social Security
Make it illegal for store clerks to take the shrink wrap off a purchase

So maybe Bernie doesn't nail number 1... but he hits number 2 and maybe number 5? Nobody has asked about number 5 at a debate yet!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He really has been a dream the past 3 years.

I would say he seemed a little too anxious on the debt slashing stuff in his first term though.

It's an executive order that relates to transitioning back to the gold standard. Huelen's a goldbug, that's why he hates the Fed.

Here let me sell you some gold for that useless fiat currency you got there lol

Huelen is also for getting rid of the department of education. All while claiming that she supports policy that hurts people the least.,

VRMN

He was especially bad this week. Interrupting every few seconds to butt in about "the establishment" and the media creating a narrative that voters are okay with Hillary. Pot. Kettle. Black.
I think I picked it up when he was on vacation or something. Then he started showing up every week and I realized he was a regular chair and hates the Democrats while the right chair is an establishment Republican. I think it's telling that the center chair seems, more often than not, to be center left to provide a Democratic Party perspective where Bob just doesn't because he's further left than the party is on many issues.

Either way, I got fed up with him and dropped it before too long.

Question for all of you who are saying that it's time for all of us to band together to stop Donald Trump. I don't disagree, But would you feel the same way if it was Ted Cruz who won? Marco Rubio? Jeb Bush? What about George W. Bush in a world where presidents don't have term limits? Are other Republicans any less terrifying than him?

Because living in a Tea Party district and hearing my representative speak, I was actually really terrified of a Cruz winning the nomination.

Question for all of you who are saying that it's time for all of us to band together to stop Donald Trump. I don't disagree, But would you feel the same way if it was Ted Cruz who won? Marco Rubio? Jeb Bush? What about George W. Bush in a world where presidents don't have term limits? Are other Republicans any less terrifying than him?

Because living in a Tea Party district and hearing my representative speak, I was actually really terrified of a Cruz winning the nomination.

Yes. I'd be saying the same thing, because it's pointless for Democrats to be divided. We know who the nominee is going to be. Let's get on with getting on. Anyone who wants to vote for Bernie is still 100% free to do so. His name will be on the ballot...but he still has lost. The sooner he acknowledges that, the better.

As to Cruz, I was more afraid of him than I was of Trump, ya. Cruz believes the Kool Aid he's selling. Trump's just slapping his name on it to further his own egotistical ends.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yes. I'd be saying the same thing, because it's pointless for Democrats to be divided. We know who the nominee is going to be. Let's get on with getting on. Anyone who wants to vote for Bernie is still 100% free to do so. His name will be on the ballot...but he still has lost. The sooner he acknowledges that, the better.

As to Cruz, I was more afraid of him than I was of Trump, ya. Cruz believes the Kool Aid he's selling. Trump's just slapping his name on it to further his own egotistical ends.

Trump and Cruz are different kinds of scary, both would be horrible but in their own special ways.

Holmes

Why was it ok for Sanders' team to court Republicans to caucus for him in Nevada but when Clinton's team wants to do it for the general, it's a sin?

Trump and Cruz are different kinds of scary, both would be horrible but in their own special ways.

Agreed. It's like trying to determine if I'd rather get kicked in the left or right shin. Both would suck and both would be painful. As a gay, Cruz scared me more than Trump. I don't think Trump really gives two shits about hurting LGBT people. Cruz would have treated it like a personal mission statement from Jesus.

Why was it ok for Sanders' team to court Republicans to caucus for him in Nevada but when Clinton's team wants to do it for the general, it's a sin?

Did Bernie do it? It's fine.
Did Hillary do it? It's wrong.

ampere

Bush/Rubio I'd say are as bad as Romney or McCain before them. Maybe a little worse because of the state of GoP politics? I haven't really ranked them. Overly conservative, anti-Obama's policies, so they're still bad, and important to fight against.

Cruz is scarier than Trump. He's legit evil and wants to make American a Fundamentalist Christian Theocracy. Remember even Trump isn't anti-transgender like Cruz

Trump is a bigot and an asshole and wants to be in charge. Dude was pro-choice, but swapped for the election, he just wants to win and be popular. He'll fuck up a lot of stuff, but Cruz is scarier because of his religious fervor and obsession with discrimination

VRMN

I would not fear for the country the same way I would if Trump were to be elected. I disagreed with Bush on a lot, but I didn't ever consider him an existential threat. Some things like the surveillance state he started putting in place, maybe, but not on a fundamental level.

It's the same with the others that ran. Was never going to vote for them in a general election, but what terrifies me about Trump is his temperament, explicit racism and xenophobia, and his inability to get over any slight, perceived or real, no matter how trivial. Those very real character flaws, more than his stupid policy positions he shares with a lot of Republicans to varying degrees, are what SCARES me about Trump, rather than just pushing me to oppose him.

Cruz has other issues...but that's a theoretical thing, thankfully.

Oh I wasn't talking about Bernie at all. He should have dropped out after New York. I just remember after Indiana people started saying wow, the apocalypse really happened, so now we have to stop Trump before he can destroy America. And I just kept thinking like, didn't we win with this result? I can rest easy and not have to worry about conservatism for another 4 1/2 years because, like Pat Buchanan, it didn't even make it past the primaries.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bush/Rubio I'd say are as bad as Romney or McCain before them. Maybe a little worse because of the state of GoP politics? I haven't really ranked them. Overly conservative, anti-Obama's policies, so they're still bad, and important to fight against.

Cruz is scarier than Trump. He's legit evil and wants to make American a Fundamentalist Christian Theocracy. Remember even Trump isn't anti-transgender like Cruz

Trump is a bigot and an asshole and wants to be in charge. Dude was pro-choice, but swapped for the election, he just wants to win and be popular. He'll fuck up a lot of stuff, but Cruz is scarier because of his religious fervor and obsession with discrimination

Trump is just as scary but for a different reason: he has no idea how government is supposed to function. Just the other day he basically said he'd be willing to set off a debt crisis the likes of which we've never seen and plunge the entire world into another great depression. Plus he cannot be trusted with an army or nuclear weapons, there is a 1000% chance he would misuse them and fuck everyone's shit for generations.

Oh I wasn't talking about Bernie at all. He should have dropped out after New York. I just remember after Indiana people started saying wow, the apocalypse really happened, so now we have to stop Trump before he can destroy America. And I just kept thinking like, didn't we win with this result? I can rest easy and not have to worry about conservatism for another 4 1/2 years because, like Pat Buchanan, it didn't even make it past the primaries.

Oh okay I get you now.

I'd not be as afraid of Jeb! as I would have the rest of them, no .Jeb! would have been a low-energy disaster, but he wouldn't have led us off a fucking cliff if someone insulted him. Trump is terrifying...but. I mean, I feel decent about our chances. I don't like to count my chickens before they WERK QUEEN HATCH YASSSS but...ya, I'm feeling okay. I want the left to be terrified, though. I want all of us to freak out every time he's not behind by 90 points. I want the House. I want the Senate. I want it all....I want to send a signal.

Tubie

This low information crap is disturbing, and even more disturbing is that they still use it as an excuse.

7 Pledged delegates, 777. Damn Hillary, if you are gonna steal an election why make the numbers LOOK like fraud.

If only we had exit polls that could tell us, unimpeachably, the truth.

Hey, when people make up "random" numbers, there tend to be too many 7's (and 3's). I'm just asking questions here.

The things that gets me about the "exit polls prove that electronic voting machines are flipping votes" argument and the related "exit polls are the gold standard and have very small errors" is that it would just take a little bit of research to show this is wrong. The UK has hand counting of paper ballots and still has seen some pretty notable misses in the exit polling. In 1992 they overstated Labour's vote share by a significant enough amount to predict the outcome incorrectly. The exit poll predicted a "hung parliament" with no party having a majority but the actual result was a Tory majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom