• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancos

What can you argue against that?

A non binding Primary that nobody campaigned on has a bigger turnout than the caucus.

The fact the Nebraska actually releases caucus turn out number is what is making the argument for caucuses so difficult in this case.

The fact that Hillary actually won it's just the cherry on top.

Holmes

When turnout is higher, Clinton does better, and the Nebraska primary is the perfect example.

chuckling-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nebraska is unique (?) though that we have an exact case of primary vs caucus. Bernie won the caucus, while Hillary appears to be winning the primary.

Least surprising thing ever. Caucuses shouldn't be a thing in 2016. People should have the right to vote for who they want without the bullshit of a caucus.

danm999

What can you argue against that?

A non binding Primary that nobody campaigned on has a bigger turnout than the caucus.

The fact the Nebraska actually releases caucus turn out number is what is making the argument for caucuses so difficult in this case.

The fact that Hillary actually won it's just the cherry on top.

Holy shit that's kind of embarassing. Also don't understand why they didn't hold a primary in the first place? My understanding was they only do caucuses when there isn't money for a primary?

User 406

Banned
but dawg what if she's like, seen stuff. because of her many years at the highest echelons of government. which fuels her interest.

I think Bill just trolled Hillary the entire time he was in office with it. "Oh, hon, you wouldn't believe the shit we've got at Area 51! But I can't tell you about it, sorry!"

And now you know why she wants to be President so badly! :D

Also idk how you make a guaranteed-accurate exit poll. Just throwing some money at it isn't sufficient.

They're trying to say that just throwing money at a problem isn't enough to solve it. But with your help, we can prove them wrong. Click to donate $27 and show them just how much money we can throw.

Counterpoint: CartoonSoldiering

Doesn't roll off the tongue, and doesn't have the same kind of long established history.

I think it should be Huelenic. From the Greek.

Now that rolls off the tongue. Approved.

Interesting politico article about the whole not appointing a Supreme Court nominee gambit after a Trump nomination is certain. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-supreme-court-merrick-garland-223026

It would be great if Trump decided to push back on this and say, "fuck you, I'll give you my picks when I'm in office, just like I will my policies, I'm the captain now" just to keep trying to establish dominance over the GOP. :X

Nebraska was always the South

Actually, they were an enlightened northern liberal state all the way up through the caucus, but today they seceded from the Union and joined the Confederacy.

Trancos

When I was at uni we were always told that is so important in strategic comms to actually define the conversation. You should talk about what you want people to talk about.

For all the enthusiasm that Bernie supporters have they are easily baited. One tweet from the Clinton's campaign and now the whole conversation is about caucus vs primaries.

Furthermore, to even debate this you need to refer to the Nebraska primary and talk about a Clinton's win, even if you are trying to refute the argument.

Holmes

Mook's statement on delegate math today:

CiJIW3zWsAEaD-w.jpg

Interesting how he doesn't have Kentucky in the list of Sanders' favorable states, and South Dakota is.

I'm now willing to vote for what ever candidate commits to enacting a complete and total shut down of all Corey Feldmans from living in and entering the United States

Holmes

Kentucky might be favored for Clinton but if coal county is as harsh against Clinton there as it was in West Virginia, she would have no room for error in Louisville + suburbs, Lexington, and western KY.

Trancos

Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol now
Clinton 50.5% - Sanders 49.5% in Oregon, early modeling. Closed primary, extremely old median age, mail in voting.

I still thinks Hillary loses.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Mook is going to have a rough 6 months, his phone and email must already be filled with democratic operatives diablosing over Trump.
Clinton 50.5% - Sanders 49.5% in Oregon, early modeling. Closed primary, extremely old median age, mail in voting.

Based on nothing but my gut, I think it's at least a 10 point loss for Clinton here.

I would say Clinton winning Oregon should wrap this up but it's obvious Bernie won't drop until California even when he will need to make her non viable. Oregon was supposed to be one of the places he actually might have a reasonable victory (even though not enough to mean anything).

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade

I know two people supporting Clinton in Oregon!

Hispanic though...so.....

Aah, the Twitter complaints weren't salty about Clinton winning today, they're just insistent that this event being reported upon never actually happened. AP is inventing this! Should retract it! Oh dear.

Nebraska is weird, but not being able to spot that the words "primary" and "caucus" are different is pretty embarrassing. Also google.
Based on nothing but my gut, I think it's at least a 10 point loss for Clinton here.
That's still waaaaaay behind the percentage Sanders needs to keep pace.

Trancos

Benchmark Pol:
Kentucky early modeling: Clinton 52% - Sanders 48%. Also closed primary. Decent minority pop.

Oregon Clinton 50.5% - Sanders 49.5% in Oregon, early modeling. Closed primary, extremely old median age, mail in voting.

Bowdz

Considering Hilldawg was predicted to win Indiana according to Benchmark, I strongly doubt that she'll take Oregon. If ever there was a state in the west made for Bernie, it'd be Oregon.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I would say Clinton winning Oregon should wrap this up but it's obvious Bernie won't drop until California even when he will need to make her non viable. Oregon was supposed to be one of the places he actually might have a reasonable victory (even though not enough to mean anything).

D.C votes a week after California so don't expect him to drop after directly California.

kingkitty

I thought the Bernie strategy was to steal earn the nomination through superdelegates at the convention. Not meeting benchmarks is irrelevant. Once Hill, Huma, Mook, and Bill go to Guantanamo, supers will have no choice but to switch.

Trancos

Benchmark pol getting a lot of heat for predicting 2 losses for Bernie.

Again correcting everybody online that disagrees with you is not the way. If you don't like it change the conversation people.

I still thinks Oregon is +10-15% for Bernie. And I think she wins KY by +2-4%. I think Bernie not reaching 60% in OR can really finish to demoralise his campaign supporters even if they go all the way to DC.

After that they would need ~68%, and maybe after PR, VI he'll need 70%+ which sounds ridiculous even for the most hardcore fan.

Trancos

David SidersVerified account
‏@davidsiders
. @BernieSanders says in interview he's not sure if he'll put ads on TV in calif, a major media state

Is he running out of money? or just a tactic to get more donations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom