• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So why hasn't the investigation been dropped?

Because in cases like this it has to be handled completely by the book or conspiracy theories will pop up. The fact they're interviewing Clinton aides, and eventually Clinton herself, means they're closing up and have nothing. If they had something that indictment would have come already.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So why hasn't the investigation been dropped?

Have you seen the GOP lately? It's because it has to be through as fuck!

The whole notion that clinton hasn't been indited is because the "Obama whitehouse" doesn't want it and trying to delay it.

pisses the head of the FBI to no end.

Godslay

Banned
Because in cases like this it has to be handled completely by the book or conspiracy theories will pop up. The fact they're interviewing Clinton aides, and eventually Clinton herself, means they're closing up and have nothing. If they had something that indictment would have come already.

Have you seen the GOP lately? It's because it has to be through as fuck!

The whole notion that clinton hasn't been indited is because the "Obama whitehouse" doesn't want it and trying to delay it.

pisses the head of the FBI to no end.

So it's the conspiracy theorists and a broken GOP holding up the FBI from letting Hillary continue on with life?

on yet another side note, Al Giordano's bringing up a good point on Twitter right now: whether the Sanders CA director stepping down has to do with the demonstrations with horrific optics last week, and not so much because it's yet another downsize

I'm going to stop sticking up for people in this thread. :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hindl

I guess I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and say it's not going to happen.

It's a possibility, and one that shouldn't be brushed off.

I mean if it wasn't serious, it wouldn't be an active investigation. They would have dropped it already.

The SF-312 pretty much lays it out.

I leave you guys though. We all have our opinions, I guess I just disagree it's nothing.

Well you don't think there's a conspiracy, you're just worried she'll actually get hit with something. There's nothing we can really do to convince you that she'll be alright. And that's fine it's your opinion. Once she's cleared we'll be able to move on and focus on the GE

Was interested in the S4P reddit and looked up some of its stats to make sure my assumption that it's basically been abandoned to the hardcore was correct.

Xqt55fz.png

F2y2yqm.png

New York was the windup, Pennsylvania and Co. were the deathblows.

on yet another side note, Al Giordano's bringing up a good point on Twitter right now: whether the Sanders CA director stepping down has to do with the demonstrations with horrific optics last week, and not so much because it's yet another downsize

I'd have to imagine it's just fleeing a sinking ship. Smart people are gonna bail out, especially if they want to be involved in future political campaigns (or current ones).

Was interested in the S4P reddit and looked up some of its stats to make sure my assumption that it's basically been abandoned to the hardcore was correct.

Xqt55fz.png

F2y2yqm.png

New York pretty much killed the sub

that pageviews y-axis is making me really angry and i don't know why.

but yeah, NY killed it and the 26th buried it

I'd have to imagine it's just fleeing a sinking ship. Smart people are gonna bail out, especially if they want to be involved in future political campaigns (or current ones).

that too, but maybe he was one of the guys saying "this is a really bad idea" on top of that and it provided an easy way to bail

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
One other thing that should be pointed out re: Petraeus is that he also knowingly lied directly to the FBI. That's a big no-no. So far we have no proof Hilldawg did such a thing.

edit: Also, too! Even with all the charges against Petraeus (which were way more clear cut than in Hillary's case), he didn't even get jail time! Dude's just on probation for a year or two + a fine.

I can only imagine what Sander's fundraising is going to look like for May, I'm thinking a major downturn, people are leaving and droves at this point and I don't see him being able to continue his past pace of April, which in itself was a huge downturn.

April was ~25 million, I'm going to say that at best he gets around 15 million for May, and the way he is bleeding money I wonder what his California effort is going to look like

Well there are two concrete outcomes.

Either they recommend that she is indicted or they don't.

From what I've seen, either scenario is a possibility. I wouldn't rule out either one tbh.
There being two possible outcomes is not in question. (The probability of outcomes is an entirely different matter.)
The false dichotomy you present entails that either an ongoing investigation is halted or that there is verity to claims of misconduct.

Godslay

Banned
I thought there wasn't classified info on the server? Or info that was retroactively classified?

Not according to this hack:

https://oig.state.gov/system/files/statement_of_the_icig_and_oig_regarding_review_of_clintons_emails_july_24_2015.pdf

Which if you combine with the SF-312 I posted earlier, paints a different picture than I am getting here.

Godslay, read this article:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/hillary-clinton-prosecution-past-cases-221744

Even Giuliani, who would be dying to prosecute Hillary concedes that he'd have a tough time proving she did anything on a criminal level.

That's what the investigation is for though. Could very well miss the indictment, I won't argue that. I just think that it's being swept under the rug as insignificant, when they are still digging into it without divulging any conclusions as to what they will recommend.

There being two possible outcomes is not in question. (The probability of outcomes is an entirely different matter.)
The false dichotomy you present entails that either an ongoing investigation is halted or that there is verity to claims of misconduct.

We are both guessing. So you don't have some concrete number or claim that it will or will not happen. I think the evidence out there shows that it's probably more 50/50, than a 90/10 than is being pushed around.

But hey if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it. No shame here.

Bernie Sanders to Andrea Mitchell: "Please Do Not Moan To Me About Hillary Clinton's Problems"

"I know it's a steep climb. ... We still have the possibility of coming in with the majority of pledged delegates," Sanders added.
No he doesn't. He can only get a plurality

He mathematically cannot achieve what he claims. He can only get a plurality by the time the convention hits and that would require a fucking miracle.

Dig the sexist dog whistling though with him accusing Mitchell of moaning.

Can Sanders just disappear? He's a horrible face for the American progressive wing

ampere

Mens rea is really important to understand regarding this case, and a lot of cases in general

Big difference between "oh those emails were retroactively classified and they were still on my server? ooops" and "hehe the government doesn't know I'm taking classified data and hiding it away!"

edit: even an initial mistake of sending an email with classified data over unclassified means does not mean there was criminal intent, though it can certainly mean there was carelessness.

I do need to apologize to everyone in here, and especially to pigeon, after seeing this graph (white resentment toward blacks):

tgCUm1V.png

And also experiencing racism, personally, towards me, here in my hometown. Completely shocked me. Most white Republicans are racist on a significant level. Quantitatively.

Godslay

Banned
Mens rea is really important to understand regarding this case, and a lot of cases in general

Big difference between "oh those emails were retroactively classified and they were still on my server? ooops" and "hehe the government doesn't know I'm taking classified data and hiding it away!"

The SF-312 lays it out.

Can't be negligent. It's not an excuse. They have people assigned to specifically walk them through what can and cannot be done. They sign off on it, understanding that criminal consequences can come forth from mishandling classified information. In fact the SF-312 I posted earlier was signed by Hillary.

If you also read the prior PDF I posted from the Inspector General, it clearly states that certain emails were not retroactively classified, but born classified.

So I'm just trying to understand where is the disconnect?

Armaros

I'm glad everyone is privy to the internal workings of the FBI investigation.

The SF-312 lays it out.

Can't be negligent. It's not an excuse. They have people assigned to specifically walk them through what can and cannot be done. They sign off on it, understanding that criminal consequences can come forth from mishandling classified information. In fact the SF-312 I posted earlier was signed by Hillary.

If you also read the prior PDF I posted from the Inspector General, it clearly states that certain emails were not retroactively classified, but born classified.

These posts right after another are amusing.

ampere

The SF-312 lays it out.

What in particular from SF-312 are you having a problem with? Are you saying that because she had classified material on her server she violated point 3? I don't think that's the same as divulging classified material to a party not privy to it. She wasn't sending these emails to her lover like the Petraus situation

Wilsongt

North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory (R) asserted on Wednesday that the U.S. Congress should review the entire 1964 Civil Rights Act because he did not like the way the Department of Justice was using it to protect transgender bathroom rights.

Speaking to CNN host Jake Tapper on Wednesday, McCrory accused Democrats of starting a fight over transgender bathroom rights by passing an ordinance in the City of Charlotte that allowed transgender people to visit public restrooms that correspond to their gender identity.

“I think that this was an argument that we didn’t need to have,” McCrory opined. “But this is an agenda by the far left. And for some reason, the national media is saying the far right brought this up. I had no interest in this subject.”

“But the Justice Department is basically making a civil rights claim that every private sector employer in the U.S. and every university in the United States must have gender expression or gender identity bathroom choices for individuals,” the governor complained.

Get fucked, Roy.

He mathematically cannot achieve what he claims. He can only get a plurality by the time the convention hits and that would require a fucking miracle.

Dig the sexist dog whistling though with him accusing Mitchell of moaning.

Can Sanders just disappear? He's a horrible face for the American progressive wing
I think he means majority of pledged delegates. The idea being that the superdelegates would follow whoever has the pledged majority.

Which frankly, if Bernie did win 66% of the remaining contests and won a majority of pledged delegates, then yeah, he should be the nominee. But.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Godslay, read this article:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/hillary-clinton-prosecution-past-cases-221744

Even Giuliani, who would be dying to prosecute Hillary concedes that he'd have a tough time proving she did anything on a criminal level.

Do people still not understand how classified information was circulated? People keep acting like if she had a .gov email address it would be all better except you can't send classified information to a .gov address either. Classified information is flagged and couldn't be sent either to the email account she used or to a .gov address - classified information circulates through a closed-email system she didn't even use because she got classified info in hard copy. Basically someone else who was cleared got it through the email system and physically printed it and handed it to her. There are literally released emails where people in the chain specifically talk about how they can't discuss classified info outside of the closed system.

Godslay

Banned
These posts right after another are amusing.

So we have the Inspectors General of the Intelligence Community saying that emails recovered from Hillary's private server contained classified information that was not retroactively classified and was born classified. Combined with her signing off and being briefed on the NDA that lays out in general what the consequences are for mishandling this info. Putting those two together alone, paints a pretty clear picture of what they are investigating.

Not to mention that her IT contractor in Colorado was not cleared to store classified data, which they most likely did.

There is plenty of evidence out there that paints a picture. That's why I think it's a coin toss. I'm not claiming that I know any internals, but it's not just as easy as saying that it's nothing look the other way.

What in particular from SF-312 are you having a problem with? Are you saying that because she had classified material on her server she violated point 3? I don't think that's the same as divulging classified material to a party not privy to it. She wasn't sending these emails to her lover like the Petraus situation

The server wasn't approved. The IT provider wasn't approved. The server was poorly secured. Furthermore, housing that data on a private server that isn't approved is illegal. If someone hacks that private server and retains that info, (which is why Guccifer is significant), that also is likely viewed as negligence and probably could be construed as violating section 3.

That doesn't get started on the retention of emails, which if the missing IT guy's emails turn up classified info, opens another can of worms.

Paskil

I'm warming up to Hil
dawg
a bit day by day

At the end of the day, she's a very qualified candidate and agrees with most of my views. I'm not gonna wear her merch or anything but I'm rooting for her. Basically ever since Birdie lost New York I've known it was over.

There are a few things I disagree with her on but it's really nothing compared to the republicans. Lord help the batshit insane republicans

One of us

Iolo

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I thought the director had stepped down because they were unhappy with spending priorities, I.e. spending $500k on ads but $0 on "ground game".

Maybe the director was one of those guys on /r/s4p who emails the campaign constantly with their insight into where to spend money and why didn't you spend money here you would have won.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The server wasn't approved. The IT provider wasn't approved. The server was poorly secured. Furthermore, housing that data on a private server that isn't approved is illegal. If someone hacks that private server and retains that info, (which is why Guccifer is significant), that also is likely viewed as negligence and probably could be construed as violating section 3.

That doesn't get started on the retention of emails, which if the missing IT guy's emails turn up classified info, opens another can of worms.

Except it wasn't illegal at the time anyways.

ampere

Jill Stein on a Reddit AMA.

What is your rebuttal to those who argue that a vote for Jill Stein in the general election is functionally a vote for Donald Trump?

"First off I agree with the comment below that it's hard to say which is the greater evil." (referring to Hillary vs Trump)
lol

Also her comment on nuclear power was massively downvoted, which warmed my heart. At least Reddit isn't that crazy to fall for her shit.

Wilsongt

So we have the Inspectors General of the Intelligence Community saying that emails recovered from Hillary's private server contained classified information that was not retroactively classified and was born classified. Combined with her signing off and being briefed on the NDA that lays out in general what the consequences are for mishandling this info. Putting those two together alone, paints a pretty clear picture of what they are investigating.

Not to mention that her IT contractor in Colorado was not cleared to store classified data, which they most likely did.

There is plenty of evidence out there that paints a picture. That's why I think it's a coin toss. I'm not claiming that I know any internals, but it's not just as easy as saying that it's nothing look the other way.

Would you say ISIS could hack her emails?

I think he means majority of pledged delegates. The idea being that the superdelegates would follow whoever has the pledged majority.

Which frankly, if Bernie did win 66% of the remaining contests and won a majority of pledged delegates, then yeah, he should be the nominee. But.

Oh yeah shit. My bad and agreed.

lol

Also her comment on nuclear power was massively downvoted, which warmed my heart. At least Reddit isn't that crazy to fall for her shit.

Lol. Just lol. Anyone who flat out argues that it's hard to tell if Trunp is actually worse than Clinton is a fucking moron.

Which is a title that fits Jill Stein.

Crayons

Banned

lol

What's wrong with her nucler energy comment? She's right - no matter where it is it's a threat to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom