• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweets from @jameshohmann

@jameshohmann WaPo reporters were 44 mins into a phone interview w Trump abt his finances when asked about John Miller. The phone went silent, then dead.

@jameshohmann Trump's line went silent, then dead, this afternoon when WaPo asked: “Did you ever employ someone named John Miller as a spokesperson?"

@jameshohmann When WaPo reporters called back and reached Trump’s secretary, she said, “I heard you got disconnected. He can’t take the call now..."

Seems like Trump Tower does not have the classiest, most luxurious phone systems.

I AM CRY LAUGHING

Makai

Trump: Muslim Ban "Just A Suggestion," "I'd Like To Back Off On It ASAP"

"Sure I’d back off on it. I’d like to back off it as soon as possible. Because frankly, I’d like to see something happen [to solve the problem]."

After reiterating the threat of radical Islamic terrorism, Trump explained that "right now there is no ban. But I would like to see – there has to be an idea, there has to be something, because there’s some pretty bad things going on."

Greta Van Susteren also asked about Trump's immigration plans, including forming a commission to work on his proposed Muslim ban.

"I’m looking at it very strongly with Rudy Giuliani heading it," Trump said. "I’ve spoken to him a little while ago. We’re going to put together a group of five or six people. Very, very highly thought of people, and I think Rudy will head it up, and we’ll look at the Muslim ban."

"I have a lot of confidence in Rudy Giuliani," Trump said.

woahhhh

Why is Trump so dumb? He sure loves to create ammo for use against him in the GE.

Because its not hurting him. The media will drop this story by monday. They absolutely refurse to hold his feet to the fire and let him get away with cop-outs. Meanwhile everyinterview with clinton she gets asked a million follow ups on her emails or speeches

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Another classic "Republicans have no idea how to run state economies" story:

Michigan's revenues are coming in hundreds of millions of dollars lower than republicans said. Absolutely amazing. That state is on its way to being Kansas Jr. with all the republicans in the state government.

TyrantII

Michigan's revenues are coming in hundreds of millions of dollars lower than republicans said. Absolutely amazing. That state is on its way to being Kansas Jr. with all the republicans in the state government.

That's by design.

Michigan will be super blue in 2022 if Hillary loses in 2020, but it's still crazy that a state as blue as Michigan could be taken over by Republicans just because of midterm backlash effects.

If you're going to add an old white liberal that does nothing much for the ticket just to placate Reddit then why use Warren when you can just use Sanders?

It's hilarious how Trump cares about this John Miller thing while voters probably don't.

He cares about it because he keenly understands his brand and what can and can not hurt it.

This is very different than attacks on his business failures or his comments about women; this makes him look like a dweeb. This is the type of thing that sticks in people's minds.

Paskil

If you're going to add an old white liberal that does nothing much for the ticket just to placate Reddit then why use Warren when you can just use Sanders?

Because of her policy/intellectual criteria. Bernie would get his ass kicked by Newt in a debate. Bernie just isn't the smart person she wants on her ticket.

Magick Ritual Planned Tonight in Portland to "Raise the Energy" for Bernie Sanders

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...rtland-to-raise-the-energy-for-bernie-sanders

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/event/detail/volunteeractivityormeetings/44s5y

Its an official event.

Maybe they should have Melisandre try to bring back the campaign.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BERNIE TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Yeah, like Adam said, if praying/rituals/etc are what you need, go on ahead.

But I get the feeling that this all started when that bird landed on Sanders' podium. It was a sign from [deity/deities of your choice].

Because its not hurting him. The media will drop this story by monday. They absolutely refurse to hold his feet to the fire and let him get away with cop-outs. Meanwhile everyinterview with clinton she gets asked a million follow ups on her emails or speeches

Part of it is that he's ultimately a celebrity and not a politician. For some reason celebrities can do goofy shit and eventually get away with it. Politicians get grilled. Trump is entering that weird nether zone. Sometimes he uses that ambiguity to his advantage, but I'm not sure how long that can last in political theater.

Magick Ritual Planned Tonight in Portland to "Raise the Energy" for Bernie Sanders

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blog...rtland-to-raise-the-energy-for-bernie-sanders

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/event/detail/volunteeractivityormeetings/44s5y

Its an official event.

Maybe they should have Melisandre try to bring back the campaign.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BERNIE TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

This can't be real.

Because of her policy/intellectual criteria. Bernie would get his ass kicked by Newt in a debate. Bernie just isn't the smart person she wants on her ticket.
Neither is what she wants on her ticket. And her policy depth is narrow, while Clinton already has breadth and depth and there are others that could be tapped to mirror it.

And they're just being chosen as trophy Veeps anyway, may as well get the one with a Democratic Governor to fill their seat.

pigeon

Banned
That's probably enough annihilation of Metaphoreus for one night.

The signal to noise ratio of your posts is too low for you to be this self-congratulatory about them.

Notice that Metaphoreus is the one who keeps getting responses saying that he has made good posts and given people stuff to think about, and you are not.

I'm not sure the VP debate matters when Trump is going to get annihilated harder than Meta when he takes the stage against Clinton.

The actual presidential debate is going to be an absolute massacre.

And my posts are all signal, pigeon. I know you like semantics, but stop.

Harry Potter's 3D ride at Universal Studios California was amazing (because of the blend between 3D and real sets, especially since the real sets look great and the transitions are awesome), but the other 3D rides at Universal are pretty lame, especially Transformers.

Hyperspace Mountain is a fucking great change though, omg.

Hopefully they'll be a little more susceptible to Dems throwing them out in 2018 than Kansas was in 2014.

The fact that Snyder, Walker et al hoodwinked voters again is such bullshit. Of course, people actually turning out would have helped a great deal.

I'm not sure the VP debate matters when Trump is going to get annihilated harder than Meta when he takes the stage against Clinton.

The actual presidential debate is going to be an absolute massacre.

You know the networks will pack the audiences with Trump shills that will cheer at all his inane "burns," and the Very Serious pundits on CNN will declare Trump the winner.

The media pressure to make this race close will be real.

You know the networks will pack the audiences with Trump shills that will cheer at all his inane "burns," and the Very Serious pundits on CNN will declare Trump the winner.

The media pressure to make this race close will be real.

The "media" doesn't control the debates once we reach the General. That's done by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

Hopefully they'll be a little more susceptible to Dems throwing them out in 2018 than Kansas was in 2014.

The fact that Snyder, Walker et al hoodwinked voters again is such bullshit. Of course, people actually turning out would have helped a great deal.

In the case of Walker:

-The failed 2012 recall helped him by discrediting opposition to him.
-He benefitted from the economic recovery. Even though Wisconsin's job growth was weak relative to other states, voters could still credit him with job growth.
-His base in suburban Milwaukee loves him and they turned out in force.
-The Democrats ran a weak candidate against him.

Last I heard (this would be around the time he dropped out of the presidential race) from people plugged into Wisconsin politics suggested Walker would be unlikely to seek a third term in 2018. The main reasons given were his not really liking the job and that he could make a lot more money in the private sector (he has substantial personal debts). Of course, if he doesn't run that doesn't exactly prevent another conservative Republican from winning the race.

I wonder how Eric Cantor's investment banking gig is going. I assume he never has to calculate diluted EPS or do a DCF analysis. Probably just pitches deals.

royalan

omg

This John Miller shit is insane.

Can I come home from work and not be greeted by some new, insane thing Trump is up to?

Especially since it's so obvious that Adam is John Miller.

In the case of Walker:

-The failed 2012 recall helped him by discrediting opposition to him.
-He benefitted from the economic recovery. Even though Wisconsin's job growth was weak relative to other states, voters could still credit him with job growth.
-His base in suburban Milwaukee loves him and they turned out in force.
-The Democrats ran a weak candidate against him.

Last I heard (this would be around the time he dropped out of the presidential race) from people plugged into Wisconsin politics suggested Walker would be unlikely to seek a third term in 2018. The main reasons given were his not really liking the job and that he could make a lot more money in the private sector (he has substantial personal debts). Of course, if he doesn't run that doesn't exactly prevent another conservative Republican from winning the race.
Yeah, I mean there's a number of reasons why he still prevailed.

But like. Come the fuck on.

omg

This John Miller shit is insane.

Can I come home from work and not be greeted by some new, insane thing Trump is up to?

Especially since it's so obvious that Adam is John Miller.

tumblr_inline_ncg0qaLjWE1qhg0kw.gif

Ben Ghazi was really John Miller. See how Queen plays the long game?

sphagnum

Banned
There are plenty of alt right intellectuals out there, like Moldbug. I don't know if you can say that they laid the groundwork for Trump though, because Trump isn't really part of the alt right movement so much as he is himself and the alt right has coalesced around him.

There are plenty of alt right intellectuals out there, like Moldbug. I don't know if you can say that they laid the groundwork for Trump though, because Trump isn't really part of the alt right movement so much as he is himself and the alt right has coalesced around him.
Curtis Fuckface is the most nauseating combination of toxic chemicals that has ever been improperly mixed in a basement laboratory, ever. He is happenstance rich beyond reason, speciously sardonic but mostly just hyperaggressive, deluded by his own years of self-study in a meticulously crafted echo-chamber, reactionary (likely as a way to compensate for his many glaring character flaws), and obnoxiously convinced of his own moral, intellectual, and even technological superiority. I have had the supreme displeasure of following his writing for about 4 years, now; at this point, I think I have an ulcer. And P.S. his software ideas are wrongheaded and vaguely religious. The man belongs where he is: as the leader of a fetish cult of racist white men intent on substaining permanently on their own vitriol and introverted contrarinism.

Why is Trump so dumb? He sure loves to create ammo for use against him in the GE.

Part of it is that he's ultimately a celebrity and not a politician. For some reason celebrities can do goofy shit and eventually get away with it. Politicians get grilled. Trump is entering that weird nether zone. Sometimes he uses that ambiguity to his advantage, but I'm not sure how long that can last in political theater.

I will always remain convinced that Trump is just a wildly more successful version of the Huckster. He recognized that the real money on the debate stage hadn't been raked in by Huckabee (and his ilk like Carson), so he played them all. And he's winning!

See, normally you'd back off at that point, but Trump is a celebrity, not a politician. He has literally no reason whatsoever to maintain in-roads with any political figures. He could literally turn down the nomination in Cleveland, flip off the every politician in the building, tell them all to fuck themselves, and he'd be fine. He doesn't make his livelihood off of these connections, so that's why he's got all the leverage in his dealings with the GOP. They can't touch him or he burns their house down.

Had lunch with a friend of mine who works at the DNC; we used to do oppo research in Chicago back in the day. General impression I got: this isn't a normal general election, the typical rules don't apply. They're going scorched earth on Trump and will essentially cast him as a rich bigot/racist/misogynist who doesn't deserve the type of mutual respect most presidential candidates receive.

"We're going to make a lot of white people embarrassed about this mother fucker." Welp. Fun.

benjipwns

Banned
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/politics-ideas/entertainment-wing-dropout/
The question with which I wrestle is, if the right were to “win” with Trump in November, what will they have won beyond an election? The vision for conservatism to which they devoted their careers will have been thoroughly repudiated. Their conception of an attractive and inviting conservatism that appeals to a majority of Americans over tribal identity politics will have been destroyed, and by their own hands. If “winning” is all that matters, what distinguishes conservative media from those helpful reporters who aided the Obama administration in selling the Iran deal or those who laugh along with Obama’s speechwriters over the skillfulness of their deceptions? The logic of winning at any cost is self-fulfilling and compromising.

Ahh, the ol Libertarian Party gambit. They'll never see it coming!

border

I saw Megyn Kelly moderating a Fox News discussion about trans people in bathrooms on Fox News, and she seemed surprisingly defensive in favor of the White House's stance. Is she usually a moderate, or is she just trying to pimp her upcoming interview special with Laverne Cox?

Drakeon

I saw Megyn Kelly moderating a Fox News discussion about trans people in bathrooms on Fox News, and she seemed surprisingly defensive in favor of the White House's stance. Is she usually a moderate, or is she just trying to pimp her upcoming interview special with Laverne Cox?
She occasionally takes a good stand on an issue, its not completely unheard of.

I'ma let ya'll finish....but all ya'll who don't believe that Peach is the superior choice in any game in which she is playable is just wrong. You're wrong on character selection and wrong for America.

Vote Adam/Peach 2016: A Queen and Princess you can believe in.

tumblr_n3s1hqhf3l1qa03y5o1_500.gif

When I was looking for a GIF, I ended up on the weird part of the internet...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If she's directly involved in an issue, or knows someone who is, Kelly will often take the right stance on an issue like this. After she had a kid she came out in favor of paid family leave, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom