• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnMsUaT6e8k
The reporter who spoke with Donald Trump spokesman “John Miller” in the 1990s is suggesting Trump leaked the controversial audio tapes that may show him masqueraded as his own spokesman.

Reporter Sue Carswell told Fox News host Megyn Kelly on Friday night that she did not leak the tapes, and that nobody but her and Trump would have had access to them.

The Washington Post reported Friday morning that the tapes reveal Trump posed as his own spokesmen, named “John Miller” and “John Barron,” when speaking to tabloid reporters on the phone in the early 1990s.

Carswell said she did not provide the tape to the Post.

“The main thing here is that I didn't leak the tape, and there are two people on the conversation,” she told Kelly.

Carswell added that she had only one copy of the tape and it could not have been stolen.

"Who else would have had a copy of the tape?" Kelly asked.

"Donald Trump," Carswell said, prompting a long pause as Kelly pantomimed her head exploding and disembodied laughter came from the Fox News studio.

"You are suggesting Trump leaked this to The Washington Post?" Kelly followed up.

"Yes,” Carswell replied. Asked why, she continued: ”You got me. He’s done stranger things."

"Because he loves publicity?" Kelly asked. “You are suggesting that he may want us talking about this right now because it generates a new cycle, perhaps?"

"Hello, Donald," Carswell joked in response.

GUYS HILLARY IS FUCKED!!!!!

Bernie voters are not with her: These exit polls should rattle the Clinton campaign

One of the most striking—and disturbing—takeaways from Tuesday’s West Virginia Democratic primary were exit polls that found large numbers of Bernie Sanders supporters saying if not Bernie, they would actually vote for Donald Trump next fall.

CBS News reported 44 percent said they’d vote for Trump, 23 percent for Hillary Clinton, and 32 percent for neither. These findings—especially Sanders’ supporters shifting to Trump—seem like a stretch, but maybe they’re not.

rofl

I fucking hate these news/blog sites.

Hillsplaining, increasingly nervous man, Baghdad Bob, etc.

Maybe they should have asked why 39 percent of West Virginia Sanders voters plan to support Trump over Sanders.

West Virginia is not a mirror of the rest of the country, although its economy and demographics resemble a lot of the Midwest and Appalachia.

"West Virginia is not a mirror of the rest of the country" is an understatement. "A lot of the Midwest" is a stretch, to say the least.

https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/731495475405197312

Democratic Party turnout only, the news becomes worse for Bernie. Portland drops to last in turnout.

CibLQf3UYAAOIrp.jpg:large

I guess a big blowout isn't happening.

Its not surprising that the turnout is low in Portland since young people are historically an unreliable voting bloc.

benjipwns

Banned
Somebody had to say it:
MSNBC host Joe Scarborough says the entire Democratic establishment is against presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.

“Bernie Sanders continues to outperform Hillary Clinton in just about every poll in match-ups with Donald Trump,” Scarborough said Thursday on “Morning Joe.”

“More importantly than that, he keeps winning states, he keeps raising a lot of money, and he keeps getting massive crowds showing up at his events," he added.

“We’ve never seen anything quite like this, where a candidate that the entire Democratic Party is working against seems to be moving towards defeat but is picking up more momentum every day.”

He has said he wants to run for Governor of New York in 2018 if he doesn't win the Presidency/nomination.

I think he'd probably be better off as a Mayor of NYC candidate, but it's his free time.

He'll be 74 in 2020. But I don't think he or Hillary has a chance against Kanye.

He has a better chance at President than at either Gov or Mayor of NY.

But when Mr. Trump lost confidence in women, he could inflict lasting damage on their lives.

After Alicia Machado won the 1996 Miss Universe title, something very human happened: She gained weight. Mr. Trump did not keep his critique of her changing body quiet — he publicly shamed her, she said.

Machado: I told the president of Miss Universe, a very sweet woman, I said I need some time to recuperate, to rest, to exercise, to eat right. I asked them to bring me a doctor to help me — to have a special diet and get exercise, and they said yes. They took me to New York, installed me in a hotel. The next day, they took me to the gym, and I’m exposed to 90 media outlets. Donald Trump was there. I had no idea that would happen.

I was about to cry in that moment with all the cameras there. I said, “I don’t want to do this, Mr. Trump.” He said, “I don’t care.”

Mr. Trump said he had pushed her to lose weight. “To that, I will plead guilty,” he said, expressing no regret for his tactics.

But the humiliation, Ms. Machado said, was unbearable. “After that episode, I was sick, anorexia and bulimia for five years,” she said. “Over the past 20 years, I’ve gone to a lot of psychologists to combat this.”

This man is just fucked in the head.

edit: Also how is Benchmark already tabulating turnout and results for Oregon?

The turnout says it's from the Oregon Secretary of State and is listed as "current turnout." I assume it's just based on the number of ballots returned thus far. I'm almost certain %Hillary and %Bernie are just their benchmarks and have no basis in actual results.

Is it possible that Donald Trump is actually several smaller people standing on each other's shoulders inside a suit, taking turns operating the face?

Also, goddamn, Benji went into overtime last night. Maximum snark!

I gave you that! I suppose I can be blamed for having triggered Jack so hard by saying "defenders," though.

You can be blamed for still trying to argue that there's any merit to the email "scandal" long after posters from Y2Kev to pigeon to myself have taken apart that argument on every level.

You could just concede. Nothing wrong with being wrong. But of course you won't.

I'm halfway through it and considered pasting about a half dozen things already before settling on this:

Mr. Trump frequently sought assurances — at times from strangers — that the women in his life were beautiful. During the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant, he sat in the audience as his teenage daughter, Ivanka, helped to host the event from onstage. He turned to Brook Antoinette Mahealani Lee, Miss Universe at the time, and asked for her opinion of his daughter’s body.

“ ‘Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?’ ” Ms. Lee recalled him saying. ‘I was like, ‘Really?’ That’s just weird. She was 16. That’s creepy.”

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He has said he wants to run for Governor of New York in 2018 if he doesn't win the Presidency/nomination.

I think he'd probably be better off as a Mayor of NYC candidate, but it's his free time.

He'll be 74 in 2020. But I don't think he or Hillary has a chance against Kanye.

He should run for Governor. Trump vs Cuomo would be hilarious.

lol classic

edit: Also how is Benchmark already tabulating turnout and results for Oregon?

Since Oregon has everyone vote by mail, I'm guessing the SOS is updating how many ballots are being returned? I mean, it may not be a perfect model of turnout, but it looks like the counties with the oldest population are returning their ballots early, and places like Portland aren't. There's still plenty of time for the hippies to ruin it for Queen, though. (I actually would love to visit Portland....)

Here's how stupid Republican journalists are: They think it's not misogynist to blame Hillary for her husband's sexual creepiness to defend Trump being a sexual predator.

This is literally how stupid they are.

Chait was right in that many Republicans are just really stupid.

benjipwns

Banned
Well Ivanka is actually a goddess so you can forgive him.
I'd do anything for Queen Ivanka.

Was hoping she'd take over The Apprentice and ditch the celebrities for a season. Her and Donald Jr. wouldn't take shit from them anyway, while their dad John constantly played favorites.

benjipwns

Banned
Here's how stupid Republican journalists are: They think it's not misogynist to blame Hillary for her husband's sexual creepiness to defend Trump being a sexual predator.

Hillary regularly led the charge to attack, slander and shame Bill's victims.

Would say stupid. They just hate women.

Would say stupid. They just hate women.

No, it's really stupidity because they're trying to get women on their side while they're doing this.

This is like when Republicans try to get black people on their side by saying that black women are too stupid to realize that they're murdering children with abortion... Republican strategists are earnestly and profoundly stupid.

Hillary is blamed because A) she stayed with him, despite him being accused of sexual harassment and rape, and B) she made disparaging comments about several accusers, and Juanita Broaddrick, the one who accused him of outright rape, accused Hillary of intimidating her.

Now, assuming Hillary simply believes Bill is innocent, her staying with and defending him makes sense, to me, but it's hard to square with the modern ethos of feminism that Hillary is trying to act as an avatar of, in which belief in the verity of victims' accusations is held as a necessary foundation. Not having much truck with such positions, this doesn't bother me all that much, but two conservative-skewing women in my life who I know have been raped and generally support the "believing victims first" principle see this as rank hypocrisy on her part, proof that she cares more for advancing her political career than her stated principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom