• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

https://www.berniepb.com/

tumblr_inline_o4kultpQdU1s349q9_500.gif

I'd probably hang up if someone had called me about their lord and savior Bernie Sanders.

dramatis

I can't find any concrete info -- when is the deadline to switch my registration in California?

Last Day to Register to Vote
is May 23, 2016

From FAQ
How do I change my political party?

In order to change your political party preference, you must re-register to vote. You can re-register to vote by completing a brief voter registration application online at RegisterToVote.ca.gov. When you register online, the system will search the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) database for your California driver license or identification card number, date of birth, and last four digits of your social security number. If your information is found and you authorize elections officials' use of your DMV signature, an electronic image of your DMV signature will be added to your voter registration application after you click "submit" at the end of the online application. If there is no signature on file with DMV, all of your information will be transmitted to your county elections office; you will just need to click "print," sign the paper application, and mail it. Your county elections official will contact you when your voter registration application is approved or when more information is needed to confirm your eligibility.
From the RegisterToVote.ca.gov site:
Registration Deadline

The deadline to register or re-register to vote for any election is 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the 15th calendar day before that election. If you submit an application after this time, your application will still be processed for future elections.
Matches May 23, I think.

BLESS UP

COME ON BIG DON

Also Dem numbers, or just GOP?

BTW- https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers <-- Follow that for blasts of all released polls

Fox News PollVerified account
&#8207;@foxnewspoll
Hey poll fans! Watch for new INDIANA & CALIFORNIA @FoxNews #polls TONIGHT! on @SpecialReport w/@BretBaier

So... probably but who knows!

And yeah, I follow that account but I also have ways of getting them quicker.

Really though, this last month couldn't have gone worse for #NeverTrump. They got fooled into thinking they could stop Trump (due to Trump's incredible meltdowns over nuclear weapons and abortion and Trump's delegate incompetence) and that stopped any third-party plans they could have put together to save their down-ticket races.

Those Latino numbers for Trump are LOL.

I imagine at this point even if the 30% of Bernie or Bust people kept to their words, Hillary would still sweep in a landslide victory.

Wilsongt

It's dumb as shit that environmenta issues is a partisan issue.
Pew states only 50% of Republicans think we need to do something about the environment while 90% of Democrats think we should.

That coal and oil money is pretty powerful on the idiots out there.

It's dumb as shit that environmenta issues is a partisan issue.
Pew states only 50% of Republicans think we need to do something about the environment while 90% of Democrats think we should.

That coal and oil money is pretty powerful on the idiots out there.

It's a shame too, old time Republicans (back before they switched) were for conservation, like Teddy, and even later post-racism swap Republicans like Nixon were open to helping the environment.

Reagan messed the entire party up. Although I don't get how a dude from California was against clean air... like, is there a better example of how bad it can get with poor air quality than California?

How painfully ironic that the party of teddy roosevelt laughs at environmental issues and upheld a ruling that pours money into politics

The establishment embracing Cruz has really stopped the centrist media from pointing out that Cruz is basically running exclusively on "I think transgender women are mentally ill rapists" platform at this point.

Wilsongt

It's a shame too, old time Republicans (back before they switched) were for conservation, like Teddy, and even later post-racism swap Republicans like Nixon were open to helping the environment.

Reagan messed the entire party up. Although I don't get how a dude from California was against clean air... like, is there a better example of how bad it can get with poor air quality than California?

Coorperate tax cuts invoked by Reagan. He was in their pocket as soon as he did it

i'm not sure if the margins will narrow substantially for that exact reason - they could even get wider. these are two candidates with damn near 100% name recognition going in.

But Trump is going to be so Presidential, it's unbelievable.

Seriously though he is going to shoot straight towards the middle and things will be much closer. Still a comfortable Clinton victory but I'm not holding out hope for an utter landslide like some here.

ivysaur12

Banned

Seriously though he is going to shoot straight towards the middle and things will be much closer. Still a comfortable Clinton victory but I'm not holding out hope for an utter landslide like some here.

Except you can't pivot to the middle based on outlandish things you say during the primary. We learned that from 2012 with Romney and a million other modern contests. The idea of "pivoting to the middle" is not a real thing.

Trouble

Banned
Women and Hispanics aren't going to just forget the heinous shit Trump has said. Plus Hillary is going to put him on blast for that shit the entire GE just to make sure no one forgets.

More from Indiana

Among core Democratic voters, Clinton has a 53-40% lead over Sanders. Among occasional voters, that flips to 55-40% for Sanders and among first time voters, Sanders has a huge 66-27% lead. In order for Sanders to win Indiana, “There would have to be more than record turnout.”

Both Trump and Clinton have huge and significant favorable/unfavorable deficits. Among the general electorate Trump is 33% favorable, 61% unfavorable, but with Hoosier Republicans he stands at 56/30%. Cruz fares better, standing at 54/38% among Republicans and 38/44% with general election voters.

Clinton stands at 33/63% with general election voters. Among Democratic voters, Clinton stands at 68/28%

Zornack

Clinton and Trump are two extremely well known Americans. People who have never followed politics know them. I don't see the margins changing drastically.

You guys do realize that the margins between Clinton and Trump will narrow substantially right?

I expect a bit of narrowing. I'm curious about the historical trends for general elections polls at this point. For a while, we've been saying that it's too far out to be predictive. I'm curious now about their track record, and how the margins shift. It's pretty late now, I'd expect they're getting pretty good.

And I think most Americans, while they may not like Hillary much or at all would at least concede she fits the role whereas very few are going to want to take that chance with Trump. The "I'll vote for him because it'll be FUNNY LOL" contingency seems like it'd be pretty small.

RCP margin at this point in 2012: Obama +3.3
final margin: Obama +3.9

April 22, 2008: Obama +1.2
November: Obama +7.3

April 22, 2004: Bush +2.1
November: Bush +2.4

interesting on two out of three counts

2008's difference was probably a combination of the recession + Clinton voters coming home

TheFatOne

Get closer with white voters maybe, but he's done with minorities. If you don't have the minority vote you will get annihilated in the GE. Trump is poison among hispanic voters. He's going to get crushed in the GE because of this.

April 22, 2004: Bush +2.4
So when it's a re-election year, they tend to be more accurate.

Keep in mind in 08, Obama was still fighting Clinton neck and neck by this point.

Wilsongt

Christian groups gonna start boycotting Target or saying husbands will stand outside of ladies restrooms to keep men from entering.

These people are so dumb.

So when it's a re-election year, they tend to be more accurate.

Keep in mind in 08, Obama was still fighting Clinton neck and neck by this point.

yep. another big reason why I don't think the margin's gonna narrow by a lot - there's still quite a few Dem voters who will wind up coming home (and Clinton's already up 9 without them)

April 22, 2004: Bush +2.1

interesting on two out of three counts

2008's difference was probably a combination of the recession + Clinton voters coming home

Very interesting, thanks. Seems like a reasonable approximation.

Oh man. C'MON TRUMPY

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The establishment embracing Cruz has really stopped the centrist media from pointing out that Cruz is basically running exclusively on "I think transgender women are mentally ill rapists" platform at this point.

I'm skeptical that he would actually use the term "women" in this context.

What's stopping a crazy dude from entering a woman's restroom and assaulting someone now? No one has been concerned about cis dudes doing this. These are not high security (or any security) areas.

I hate the implication that you're more dangerous to women if you're transgendered. Plain old bigotry.

The big news there isn't so much the toplines as those regional breakdowns. Those numbers would imply Trump getting nearly all the delegates. The most recent poll I can remember with regional breakdowns had Trump ahead overall but behind in several key regions. Hopefully we'll get more polls of California with regional breakdowns so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on. As usual you don't want to put too much stock in any one poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom