• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel B·;201811611 said:
This stinks to high heaven, and likely only someone with official access could have pulled this off, and from all accounts, it is by no means an isolated incident, and unlike Alba, how many would go to such lengths to vote (for Bernie :) ), plus have luck on their side.

Here's the full story: Failure, Fraud, and More In New York’s Punk Rock Voting Disaster.

Basically, boo hoo, I'm a cry baby and there can't possibly be any reason that Bernie got his ass beat so bad that was caused by Hillary getting more votes. No way!

I voted for Bernie, FWIW, but this shit is embarassing.

operon

Daniel B·;201811611 said:
Following that very disturbing Chicago Election Board video, which included testimony from Dr. Lora Chamberlain on what appeared to be blatant election fraud (Brainchild, now this has sunk in, what's your take on this? I'm starting to think along the lines of we, together with the American public, are the unwitting participants in a cynical farce), we move to New York...

So, when Alba Guerrero tried to vote in the Democratic NY primary, she was told she registered as a Republican, in 04, and so wasn't eligible. Only thing is, she actually registered in 08, to vote for Obama, and on her recent move to Queens, she re-registered and confirmed her registration online, on March 9.

But the birdie gods were watching over her, and after a judge at the Queens County Board of Elections initially told her, hard cheddar, she happened to spot a document with all her details, including SSN, plus a fucking forged signature, and Judge Margulis apologized profusely (well, he should have done), and finally, she was able to cast her vote as a Democrat:

This stinks to high heaven, and likely only someone with official access could have pulled this off, and from all accounts, it is by no means an isolated incident, and unlike Alba, how many would go to such lengths to vote (for Bernie :) ), plus have luck on their side.

Here's the full story: Failure, Fraud, and More In New York’s Punk Rock Voting Disaster.
Poligaf has our queen and now we have the court jester

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...lose-in-ctpari-trump-headed-for-big-wins.html

Cg4dTOEWYAQXzVb.jpg:large

Cg4e9WWU8AAk2pd.jpg:large

Clinton trailing with white voters in CT but slightly ahead overall due to 63-24 edge with African Americans:

In RI Clinton up 54/40 with actual Democrats but Sanders ahead overall due to 67/28 advantage with independents:

Connecticut: Trump 59, Kasich 25, Cruz 13:

Pennsylvania: Trump 51, Cruz 25, Kasich 22:

Rhode Island: Trump 61, Kasich 23, Cruz 13:

Remarkable how disliked Cruz is even by Republicans in Northeast- 26/61 fav w/ GOP in CT, 35/51 in PA, 24/59 in RI:

Trump's favorability with Republicans in states voting tomorrow- 66/27 in CT, 59/36 in PA, 69/26 in RI:

PBY

Banned
Those trump numbers are crazy; also starting to think Hill won't sweep now on Tues, oh well, doesn't really matter.

i thought RI had sensible republicans (after the state rights gay thing years back), what the fuck man

Not really. RI is a state where they accidentally legalized prostitution and then left it legal for over a decade because they couldn't agree on exactly how strict the law banning it again should be. It took 15 years I think for them to agree on a new law. For that 15 years it wasn't illegal because there was a debate on whether or not it should be. Why they didn't just pass some quick amendment and then hash out the final details later... I'll never know.

gcubed

Lol PPP... 10 pts is close...

I guess in relation to the shellacking in MD and DE there needs to be some kind of... Interest in a race with delegates.

10pts is about what I expect

None of these are winner take all, I don't see why anything but Sanders with a big margin is worth discussion.

I mean, I have insufferable fb friends who will crow about even close losses, but they can't keep that up forever.

User 406

Banned
* As a gamer I am focused heavily on systems over content or presentation. I play a lot of roguelikes, the real ones, with text. By contrast charlequin bought me The Beginner's Guide and I still haven't run it once.

I knew there was a reason you're the best poster.

Gender- male
Race- part irish english french german swedish and 1/24th native american
Sexual orientation- asexual
Location ny
Age 14
Fav music-disco
Career- unemployed bernie supporter
Favorite vidya - funky barn (wiiu), S.C.A.T (nes)
Hobbies - lying on message boards, looking for positive bobby jindal news articles to link to poligaf (harder than it sounds)
Politics - republican
Some of these are true

I found one of the lies!

This Kasich/Cruz alliance is going to backfire horribly for them.

How desperate do you have to be to pull something like this? Wasn't Kasich gunning for Trump's VP? Why would he do this, now he definitely isn't being picked.

PBY

Banned

How desperate do you have to be to pull something like this? Wasn't Kasich gunning for Trump's VP? Why would he do this, now he definitely isn't being picked.
Do we think this will backfire?

I feel like Cruz might win IN now ...

thcsquad

I don't think Kasich was ever gunning for Trump's VP. His political career isnt dead yet, why would he go out of his way kill it?

thefro

Do we think this will backfire?

I feel like Cruz might win IN now ...

A lot of people have already voted in Indiana.

Also I doubt the rich snobby Carmel, IN country club Republican people are going to be voting for Cruz en masse, but we'll see.

The best thing about the GOP primary is how well it's demonstrated why our system tends to having only two parties at all times. A whole bunch of candidates, all mostly similar but with occasional differences, were unable to defeat a broadly unpopular candidate. This is in spite of the fact that most voters don't want him. If these voters had been willing to unite behind a "good enough" option, the candidate they like least would have lost. Instead, they stayed fractured and he is winning. Only now have they finally realized that they should form a coalition. By uniting in to a group where no one gets everything they want, and compromises are made, they have a chance at stopping the person that gives them nothing they want. It's text book and it's been fun to watch.

I'm pretty sure Trump is only doing well because everyone and their uncle saw an "easy" path to the White House with no Obama running and wanted their names in the history books and ran, and with 28 people or whatever running, the one candidate who can set himself apart and organize enough of his block to vote consistently ends up coming ahead, and by now, it's gotten so far that candidate is now the presumed nominee and likely gains support from that.

In a race between just Cruz and Trump, Cruz would be winning right now. This year was the perfect storm for someone like Trump to swoop in an gain an advantage.

kadotsu

Banned
What is the likelihood of the Sanders campaign continuing after tomorrow? Are they really greedy enough to milk their base all the way to CA?

PBY

Banned
What is the likelihood of the Sanders campaign continuing after tomorrow? Are they really greedy enough to milk their base all the way to CA?
Meh I think it's fine to go through June - Hillary did in 08 right? He can take this all the way as long as he doesn't go negative.

Not really. RI is a state where they accidentally legalized prostitution and then left it legal for over a decade because they couldn't agree on exactly how strict the law banning it again should be. It took 15 years I think for them to agree on a new law. For that 15 years it wasn't illegal because there was a debate on whether or not it should be. Why they didn't just pass some quick amendment and then hash out the final details later... I'll never know.

RI "fuck it all" state

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"Suspending the campaign" and "vote for my opponent" are two VERY different things.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think this probably takes Kasich out of the running for VP as well.

Meh I think it's fine to go through June - Hillary did in 08 right? He can take this all the way as long as he doesn't go negative.

Nah, he needs to get out soon. Even if Sanders drops all the negativity, the negativity of some of his supporter base has become self-sustaining by this point, and it's just going to get worse.

So 30 minutes ago on Fox.. Cruz spokesperson talks about their strategy with Kasich.

Just now.. Wha? No we aren't working together to fuck Trump.. Never..

Dumbasses

Nah, he needs to get out soon. Even if Sanders drops all the negativity, the negativity of some of his supporter base has become self-sustaining by this point, and it's just going to get worse.
Do we realistically think those voters would have gone for Hillary amy ways? Aren't they mainly reddit style libertarians?

The isolationism of Sanders and some of his supporters does concern me. People who are upset about trade agreements and specific jobs going overseas... it's not what I personally associate with liberalism even if you paint it as anti corporate.

Clinton can beat Sanders without his hardcore voters. She can beat Cruz and Trump without them too. Cruz has horrendous figures with the young and I don't think Clinton needs that demographic to win particularly.

If they vote Republican it could be harmful, but I suspect I'd they vote it'll be for an independent and that a lot of them either wouldn't have voted or would have been doing that anyway.

100%. They aren't stopping the cash machine yet. The delusion and bitterness will continue and I wouldn't be stunned if he refuses to concede after California.

His wife has floated the idea that Bernie should be able to add something into the democrat platform or influence primary rules changing in the future. As if giving him something will be the compromise required for him to end his campaign or actively support Clinton. He won't get anything nor does he deserve it.

Plinko

So 30 minutes ago on Fox.. Cruz spokesperson talks about their strategy with Kasich.

Just now.. Wha? No we aren't working together to fuck Trump.. Never..

Dumbasses

Cruz cannot not lie. It is absolutely bizarre.

royalan

Agreed.

1) Hillary was NEVER as far behind as Bernie is, and she was winning major states...just not by enough. Her staying in longer made a lot more sense, even if it was clearly hopeless after a while.

2) I'm sorry, but I know what Hillary's camp did in '08, and I STILL say that Hillary didn't go nearly as consistently negative as Bernie has. Campaigning AGAINST DNC fundraising? Accusing anyone who doesn't agree with him of being a part of a fraudulent establishment? Opposing the sugar tax here in PA for no damn good reason other than Hillary complimenting it? The fuck?

His campaign is in full "burn it all down" mode right now, regardless of what he says in interviews when questioned about his intentions.

Get out, Bernie. Its been time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom