• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Kasich losing his mind and snapping over very fair questions is hilarious to me. Another one today:
"Me? No, I'm not desperate, are you?" Kasich asked. "Are you desperate? Cause I'm not."

That's what I'm thinking. Clinton or nothing.

This stuff is needlessly confusing at times.
#QUEENORBUST
Democrats are the party of the young

imrs.php
DfoUnQe.gif

Is there widespread support for it among the GOP? Outside of Rand Paul I can't remember many Republicans talking about criminal justice reform.

If so, that's awesome.
Christie actually talked about closing down NJ prisons and turning them into rehabs during one of the debates.

PBY

Banned
I feel like this campaign is the beginning of Kasich's villain origin story

Part of me wishes we had the power to just watch an alternate timeline play out. I'm visualizing him melting down during a debate with Hillary, just fucking FUMING within 5 minutes. What he did to Rubio in FL was such a dick move lmao.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's an unfair judgment that racial issues have not been a significant public priority for the Obama administration.
And according to my conservative coworkers while doing nothing simultaneously set race relations back decades with his racial provocations. Imagine if he had actually done something!

She won't. Surely you realize this. Dems always pander to us in the primaries and then take our votes for granted in the GE. I'll be shocked if BLM is even an issue in the general election, honestly.
That's right, she was just pandering to voters when she went undercover as a racist mother to expose segregated public schools in the South. She was just pandering when she met all those black kids while working with the Children's Defense Fund. She was just pandering when she switched political parties, permanently, from Republican to Democrat, over civil rights. Doesn't care about blacks, never has.

I don't think it's an unfair judgment that racial issues have not been a significant public priority for the Obama administration.
I think that is a massively unfair judgment.

The department of justice officially investigated police departments in major cities around the country. What prior administration has ever done this since Johnson, if even Johnson went as far (I don't think he did but I don't know).

The Obama administration reduced sentencing disparities between crack cocaine and powder cocaine.

The Obama administration started My Brother's Keeper. Since there's no way of getting any funding from Congress, that's a fairly big deal.

The Obama administration has threatened to cut federal funding from schools that keep suspending black kids, because it's racist.

The Obama administration passed the affordable care act. When huge swaths of the black population are struggling, this helps them.

I live in Cleveland. This is a complete Democratic machine city. Our police force managed to kill unarmed black people while being investigated by the DoJ. We just kicked out the county's Democratic prosecuting attorney because he spiked those cases and he was originally brought in as a reformer. We were ground zero for the housing crisis because of racially targeted predatory lending. We have a terrible problem with underfunded schools in minority areas, and charter schools here have been putting more money into slick brochures to put butts in seats and collect their money than they have into actually making their performance better than the public schools, which they have failed at. And Cleveland is nowhere near unique.

I mean, this is the entire reason BLM even exists!
RE policing: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...ty-cleveland-reform-cleveland-division-police

Maybe Democrats slip up, too. But do you think that DOJ investigation would have happened under W? Bush doesn't care about black people.

RE funding: then vote out that bastard John Kasich for destroying your state.

If Cruz got the nomination, would he be the most far-right general election presidential candidate of all time?

Hmm, Goldwater was anti-Medicare, anti-Civil Rights, and pro-nuclear war, but he also was strongly against the theocracy stuff that defines Cruz. Goldwater called the religious right crazies and Goldwater was pro-choice.

Coolidge ran on a platform of doing nothing except from stopping the Chinese from entering the nation so that seems pretty classic Republican.

Grover Cleveland refused to let go of the Gold Standard even while the nation fell into a horrible recession but Cruz would certainly do that as well.

Yeah, but that same poll shows that Sec. Clinton's supporters are very enthusiastic about her (60%), so really she's got pretty firm support even with the underwater favorables that Bernie's dumb ass is trying to drive even further under water.

EDIT: Wow, looks like the Dems are going to get Sestak out in this primary.

Bowdz

What's with the baby doll?

He came into the diner, just sat down next to some 4 year old having breakfast with her dad, chatted about the doll's name, bragged about his 325 leg press (lol), told the girl to smile for the cameras, said he'd teach her how to eat healthier when she was eating bacon, and then left for the next table.

Yeah, but don't get too excited lol. I'm sure this will become an 'issue' as soon as she tries to actually do something. I don't even know how you can override all of the state laws as president. Offer incentives for rehabilitation?

Um, is this among Black voters?

No, that's 80/17

and no I'm not joking

If Clinton really wins Pennsylvania by 28% then I will scream. But I don't think that will happen.
The race has already been won, right down the presidential election. That means we can stop getting excited for Clinton victories and start talking about issues again.

Rubenov

And according to my conservative coworkers while doing nothing simultaneously set race relations back decades with his racial provocations. Imagine if he had actually done something!

He set race relations back by being black and winning. All it took.

Seriously. Why do people post links behind spoiler bars? It doesn't even hide the link when you're on the desktop. It's still clearly readable. It's only hidden when you're on mobile. Mobile! You know, the version of the site where you have to tap spoiler bars to see what's behind them. The version of the site people are frequently reading when they're data limited and therefore don't want to open random YouTube videos. C'mon, people!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
F u kristoffer

I want one more wall of winning

If Rhode Island fucks this up they can go sit in the corner with Minnesota where Rubio won.

Thank god trump won VA. I really think that night changed the race.

Seriously. Why do people post links behind spoiler bars? It doesn't even hide the link when you're on the desktop. It's still clearly readable. It's only hidden when you're on mobile. Mobile! You know, the version of the site where you have to tap spoiler bars to see what's behind them. The version of the site people are frequently reading when they're data limited and therefore don't want to open random YouTube videos. C'mon, people!

My spoiler tag was not a link

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
That's right, she was just pandering to voters when she went undercover for the Children's Defense Fund as a racist mother to expose segregated public schools in the South. She was just pandering when she switched political parties, permanently, from Republican to Democrat, over civil rights. Doesn't care about blacks, never has.

The department of justice officially investigated police departments in major cities around the country. What prior administration has ever done this since Johnson, if even Johnson went as far (I don't think he did but I don't know).

The Obama administration reduced sentencing disparities between crack cocaine and powder cocaine.

The Obama administration started My Brother's Keeper. Since there's no way of getting any funding from Congress, that's a fairly big deal.

The Obama administration has threatened to cut federal funding from schools that keep suspending black kids, because it's racist.

The Obama administration passed the affordable care act. When huge swaths of the black population are struggling, this helps them.

RE policing: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...ty-cleveland-reform-cleveland-division-police

Maybe Democrats slip up, too. But do you think that DOJ investigation would have happened under W? Bush doesn't care about black people.

it's not that he hasn't done things for minority constituents it's that it literally couldn't be a priority of his administration, in any visible manner. Like I said before the pushback he got for doing just a little was immense. You'll never see a white president get questioned for nominally advancing policies that benefit white people generally.

Bernie Sanders has the privilege to have a black rapper named Killer Mike be a campaign surrogate. Obama got criticized when black performers sang at his inauguration.

it's not that he hasn't done things for minority constituents it's that it literally couldn't be a priority of his administration, in any visible manner. Like I said before the pushback he got for doing just a little was immense. You'll never see a white president get questioned for nominally advancing policies that benefit white people generally.

Bernie Sanders has the privilege to have a black rapper named Killer Mike be a campaign surrogate. Obama got criticized when black performers sang at his inauguration.
Agreed with all of this. Obama got shit for inviting Common to the White House. Can you imagine the story if he invited Killer Mike?

That's right, she was just pandering to voters when she went undercover as a racist mother to expose segregated public schools in the South. She was just pandering when she met all those black kids while working with the Children's Defense Fund. She was just pandering when she switched political parties, permanently, from Republican to Democrat, over civil rights. Doesn't care about blacks, never has.

I don't disagree, I'm just talking public perception.

The fact that Obama doesn't brag much about his accomplishments is a bit of a double-sided coin.

The GI bill for Iraq War veterans gave my father the opportunity to finally pursue a college degree and helped my family more than I could ever express, so if anyone wants to say Jim Webb is not a Democrat then they have personally offended me and they can shove it.

The GI bill for Iraq War veterans gave my father the opportunity to finally pursue a college degree and helped my family more than I could ever express, so if anyone wants to say Jim Webb is not a Democrat then they have personally offended me and they can shove it.
He isn't one today. The party has shifted and he didn't shift with it. Saying he doesn't fit in the Democratic Party of today is something he's even said.

It doesn't discount his achievements or good pieces of legislation.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My new favorite thing is Kasich voters who don't know how to pronounce his name.

He isn't one today. The party has shifted and he didn't shift with it. Saying he doesn't fit in the Democratic Party of today is something he's even said.

It doesn't discount his achievements or good pieces of legislation.

His pro choice, pro stem cell research, pro background checks for guns etc, would be automatic non starters as a republican if we're being honest.

PBY

Banned
BIG

DON

A

SAVAGE

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Kasich just announced that he wants the people of Indiana to vote for him. Typical politician - can't make a deal work.

Goodstyle

BIG

DON

A

SAVAGE

‏@realDonaldTrump
Kasich just announced that he wants the people of Indiana to vote for him. Typical politician - can't make a deal work.

Daaaaaamn. Tomorrow's gonna be a bona fide disaster for Cruz and Kasich.

SheSaidNo

Chicago is a completely democratic controlled city as well and we have just published a scathing Police Accountability report that shows the blatant racism of the CPD. This comes after rahm and anita, both democrats, hid the video of the blatant killing of laquan mcdonald by the cpd. New York got a lot of press about stop and frisk, but chicago was worse, 72% of stops were african americans.

Rahm has recently closed 50 public schools in only black and brown areas, leaving the majority white public schools untouched, to make way for private charter schools. The black unemployment rate is above 20%. CSU, a majority black public college is in danger of closing due to the budget. Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the US. Some democrats even campaigned for the republican nominee for mayor when Harold Washington won the democratic primary in the 80's, just because he was black, coming up with buttons that just had a watermelon with a slash through it. Even more from that election

It's hard to imagine it could be worse

Rubenov

BIG

DON

A

SAVAGE

‏@realDonaldTrump

That just makes it worse. Yes / No / I mean yes.... how indecisive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom