• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

Damn it PPP, now Sanders supporters will have another excuse (and probably conspiracy) for when they lose Rhode Island tomorrow.

?

He does?

Edit- The Owl thing? :jnc of all the things..

What's the story behind that?

My Trump shares tanked again.

I'm tempted to buy more, actually.

Anyone else still doing PredictIt have an opinion?

Eh, I wouldn't buy any more. I feel like his shares were way overvalued at 75c or whatever it was at the last couple days. I figure it will hover around 65c until Indiana. It's a hard market to read since it reacts to any little bit of news.

I sold all my Trump shares awhile ago though. Rooting for a brokered convention now.

PBY

Banned
Mark MurrayVerified account
‏@mmurraypolitics
Kasich on whether Indiana voters should vote for him or Cruz:

"They ought to vote for me"

GOING GREAT ALREADY

13102859_10208433582929656_5465244905088350529_n.jpg

User 406

Banned
‏@mmurraypolitics

GOING GREAT ALREADY

He did that last time when Rubio called for strategic voting and Kasich was all like "We were going to win in OH without his help, just as he's going to lose in Florida without ours." Dunno why Cruz thought Kasich would give a fuck.

Looks fake. Bernie would never guess that many letters, he'd just try to solve every puzzle sight unseen with "millionaires and billionaires".

What's the story behind that?
He teaches a writing class on the side and one of the kids wrote a story about an owl talking about wrists on an owl and Adam was like owls don't have goddamn wrists and I wanna say.. Brainchild I think.. Said they do. Nothing much really.

I'm honestly disappointed by that choice.

PBY

Banned
MJ LeeVerified account
‏@mj_lee
Katich sounds peeved. "I’m not campaigning in Indiana. That’s all it is. It’s not a big deal!”

Then adds he’s having the time of his life.

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GUY LMAO

Tanked is too strong a word, but I bought at 70 and they went back under that again.

I expect them to bounce back because I don't think the Cruz-Kasich alliance is going to work. But I am hardly certain of that.

MJ LeeVerified account
‏@mj_lee
Katich sounds peeved. "I’m not campaigning in Indiana. That’s all it is. It’s not a big deal!”

"Golly gee, look at me. Would you ever believe I'd be not campaigning in Indiana? It's almost too much for me to believe."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
‏@mmurraypolitics

GOING GREAT ALREADY

Yep. Pointless news that only makes Cruz and Kasich look worse.

Bowdz

MJ LeeVerified account
‏@mj_lee

I just watched it. He is such a terrible fucking politician. His anger would sink him in the general without a doubt.

Also, he was talking to a guy in the diner about lifting and Kasich said he leg presses 325 but doesn't squat. BRO, YOU NEVER ANSWER THE QUESTION DO YOU EVEN SQUAT BRO UNLESS THE ANSWER IS YES. FUCK.

Hillary really better return the favor to the black people who stopped the Bernie movement. I want to see body cameras, criminal justice reform, etc.

Rubenov

Trump winning would be too good of an outcome (for Dems), so I don't expect it to happen.

I'm still thinking Trump gets denied the magic number and a contested convention occurs, where the GOPe (!) resigns to its fate and get delegates to line up behind Cruz.

Hillary really better return the favor to the black people who stopped the Bernie movement. I want to see body cameras, criminal justice reform, etc.

Absolutely agree with this. If she becomes President it will because black Americans overwhelming supported her. She owes them. And she owes families of victims of gun violence for making guns as large a part of her platform as it has been this primary. I really hope she didn't talk up the issue as much as she did just to use it as a wedge issue to move to the left of Bernie on.

User 406

Banned

The Democratic party in general better get serious about this. They have not kept their end up at all for decades. Hopefully now that it's crystal clear that you aren't winning elections without minority support, we'll see more than just lip service to racial justice.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump winning would be too good of an outcome (for Dems), so I don't expect it to happen.

I'm still thinking Trump gets denied the magic number and a contested convention occurs, where the GOPe (!) resigns to its fate and get delegates to line up behind Cruz.

My dream scenario is Trump getting to the 1237 number and the RNC still screwing him out of the nomination.

I agree with you, though--I think Cruz takes it, sadly, because he's insane.

The Democratic party in general better get serious about this. They have not kept their end up at all for decades. Hopefully now that it's crystal clear that you aren't winning elections without minority support, we'll see more than just lip service to racial justice.
That's bullshit. The Democratic party almost elected Jesse Jackson. It passed the crime bill. It has fought for inner cities for decades. Democratic run big cities are pretty much across the board way better (and safer!). If the Democratic party hasn't "held up its end" nationally, when was it supposed to do so? Gingrinch congress? How about Hastern? Both of Boehner's tenures?

ApharmdX

Banned
What is the likelihood of the Sanders campaign continuing after tomorrow? Are they really greedy enough to milk their base all the way to CA?

He'll continue to the convention, as long as he can afford it. And he should be able to. There's no reason not to, and every reason to stay in the race.

Alright Poligaf. PA voter here, I can't recall what I did last time, or if this same problem manifested itself, but I've got to pick delegates tomorrow.

It says pick no more than 9 (4 Male/5 female)

The problem is there are only 4 Females for Queen.

Do I just vote for 8 then? Or must you do 9?

ApharmdX

Banned

She won't. Surely you realize this. Dems always pander to us in the primaries and then take our votes for granted in the GE. I'll be shocked if BLM is even an issue in the general election, honestly.

That's bullshit. The Democratic party almost elected Jesse Jackson. It passed the crime bill. It has fought for inner cities for decades. Democratic run big cities are pretty much across the board way better (and safer!). If the Democratic party hasn't "held up its end" nationally, when was it supposed to do so? Gingrinch congress? How about Hastern? Both of Boehner's tenures?
I don't think it's an unfair judgment that racial issues have not been a significant public priority for the Obama administration.

She won't. Surely you realize this. Dems always pander to us in the primaries and then take our votes for granted in the GE. I'll be shocked if BLM is even an issue in the general election, honestly.

Here's the thing: criminal justice reform is something a GOP congress will push through

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Alright Poligaf. PA voter here, I can't recall what I did last time, or if this same problem manifested itself, but I've got to pick delegates tomorrow.

It says pick no more than 9 (4 Male/5 female)

The problem is there are only 4 Females for Queen.

Do I just vote for 8 then? Or must you do 9?

If it says no more than 9 then you can probably just pick 8.

If Cruz ends up taking the nomination, will he be the first person to do so out of outright stubbornness, or has this happened before? Cruz never had a chance at winning a majority of votes because his appeal is so limited... yet he was also never going to pull out of the race, because... well he's Ted Cruz: The guy who orchestrated the government shut down tantrum over the ACA.

If they were looking for non Trump candidates to get out of the others way to let people circle around an establishment candidate... Cruz was never going to do that.

It was as much Cruz as Trump who tanked Rubio. A Rubio vs Trump race would have looked very different I don't doubt.

Cruz isn't an establishment candidate. He may *may* be less of a bad scenario for the GOP, but he's still a disaster for them. It's been beautiful watching this whole mess. It's as self made and unnecessary as the mess with the supreme court. Making Trump sign the pledge not to run third party on the presumption he didn't stand a chance with no intention of holding up their side of it. Forming the whole #NeverTrump thing. Doing all of this idiotic stuff publically.

This was arguably their election to lose... and it sure seems like the didn't waste any time at all spectacularly sabotaging their chances.

User 406

Banned

I live in Cleveland. This is a complete Democratic machine city. Our police force managed to kill unarmed black people while being investigated by the DoJ. We just kicked out the county's Democratic prosecuting attorney because he spiked those cases and he was originally brought in as a reformer. We were ground zero for the housing crisis because of racially targeted predatory lending. We have a terrible problem with underfunded schools in minority areas, and charter schools here have been putting more money into slick brochures to put butts in seats and collect their money than they have into actually making their performance better than the public schools, which they have failed at. And Cleveland is nowhere near unique.

I mean, this is the entire reason BLM even exists!

Plinko

If Cruz got the nomination, would he be the most far-right general election presidential candidate of all time?

Bowdz

So Cruz just said Donald has a 40% ceiling despite NY and despite the impending trouncing tomorrow.

I would be eternally grateful if someone would gif the scene from Breaking Bad where *season 4 spoilers*
Jesse has a gun to Walt's head and says stop lying
except shopping Trump's glorious head onto Jesse and Lyin Ted on to Walt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom