• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Oh man this election is too good.

I also really need a clean sweep from the Don and the Queen tomorrow. Don't fuck this up, Rhode Island.

Goodstyle

Benchmark reran their model now that there's been some RI polling.

Clinton: 50.25
Sanders: 49.75

giphy.gif

gcubed

PA is about a 10pt victory. The minority vote makes sense though, this place is a Clinton haven

Philly suburbs are full on Trump or Clinton, you have the middle,, possibly Pittsburgh whites and the colleges for Bernie.

SheSaidNo

If by reform you mean throwing more people in jail then sure, but that's not reform.

It's one of the Koch brothers major issues. It also has a ton of support from the more libertarian part of the republican part. Republicans are more and more seeing it as a huge waste of money

He points to a series of public-policy initiatives that they launched recently, all of which counter their plutocratic image by showcasing a concern for the poor. In the past year, Koch Industries has become one of the leading backers of a bipartisan coalition for criminal-justice reform, supporting legislation that aims at reducing prison sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, many of whom are poor people of color.

Aylinato

It's one of the Koch brothers major issues. It also has a ton of support from the more libertarian part of the republican part. Republicans are more and more seeing it as a huge waste of money

Libertarians, sure. You said republicans. I point to Alabama, Mississippi, and the republican southern states where the tea party republicans(the current largest faction in republicans) pushes for harsher laws that imprison mostly minorities. Then they make it that they can never vote again, securing their power even further.

Drugs all in all are more likely to get made legal by democrats as a party.

While it's fair to say that republican controlled cities would be far worse, democrats aren't above being taken to task for their handling of racial issues.

Anyone know of famous/historical figures, important landmark, etc from Rhode Island? Like why is it even in the union?

The mansions at Newport remain some of the greatest monuments to obscene wealth inequality that this country has ever seen. Millions of square footage of mansions that were used by single families for a few weeks a year for grand displays of opulence, because giving help to the poors is just so dreadfully dull, darling. But you can pay to tour The Breakers now, so it all evens out.

BIG

DON

A

SAVAGE

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Kasich just announced that he wants the people of Indiana to vote for him. Typical politician - can't make a deal work.
Amazing, and he's not wrong. I want to know who floated this deal to the other side. I'd like to believe it was Kasich's camp because Cruz had no reason to offer this to someone who is essentially a fringe candidate.

And why would you make it public. Why not do it and if it works, give the story to Politico or something.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
MrPips, one of the most beloved and long running Warhawk server hosts is from Rhode Island, so that's good enough for me.

Wait, they have internet there?
You sure they don't use wifi from nearby states?

FyreWulff

Amazing, and he's not wrong. I want to know who floated this deal to the other side. I'd like to believe it was Kasich's camp because Cruz had no reason to offer this to someone who is essentially a fringe candidate.

And why would you make it public. Why not do it and if it works, give the story to Politico or something.

I think they finally went public with it because going wink wink nudge nudge wasn't going to work. They needed to write out in detail for the anti-trump GOP how to stop him.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It evens out the number of states.
Trade you for Puerto Rico?

I think they finally went public with it because going wink wink nudge nudge wasn't going to work. They needed to write out in detail for the anti-trump GOP how to stop him.
Yep. A back room deal does nothing for them if voters don't get the memo to go along with operation chaos project also-rans united

NeoXChaos

Manu RajuVerified account
‏@mkraju
Kasich, very angry, when asked by a reporter if coordinating with Cruz is a desperate move. "I'm not desperate, are you?" he snaps

Sean T at RCP ‏@SeanTrende 5m5 minutes ago
As I've said before, John Kasich is just Ted Cruz minus the ideology.

Sean T at RCP ‏@SeanTrende 7m7 minutes ago
Sean T at RCP Retweeted Manu Raju
A window into his personality, for those wondering why he's sticking around.

PBY

Banned
View 3 new Tweets
Matt Viser ‏@mviser 14s15 seconds ago
“I have never seen a human being eat in such a disgusting fashion.” — Donald Trump on John Kasich

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
View 3 new Tweets
Matt Viser ‏@mviser 14s15 seconds ago
“I have never seen a human being eat in such a disgusting fashion.” — Donald Trump on John Kasich

This made me laugh out loud.

SheSaidNo

Libertarians, sure. You said republicans. I point to Alabama, Mississippi, and the republican southern states where the tea party republicans(the current largest faction in republicans) pushes for harsher laws that imprison mostly minorities. Then they make it that they can never vote again, securing their power even further.

Drugs all in all are more likely to get made legal by democrats as a party.

I wouldn't judge the democrats platform solely by what the southern democrats propose. The majority of republican politicians, the majority of republican voters, and the majority of republican funders support criminal justice reform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom