• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackw0lf

Hillary really better return the favor to the black people who stopped the Bernie movement. I want to see body cameras, criminal justice reform, etc.

You're in luck

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/criminal-justice-reform/

End the era of mass incarceration, reform mandatory minimum sentences, and end private prisons.

Encourage the use of smart strategies—like police body cameras—and end racial profiling to rebuild trust between law enforcement and communities.

Help formerly incarcerated individuals successfully re-enter society.

Much more at the link

Crocodile

The best thing about the GOP primary is how well it's demonstrated why our system tends to having only two parties at all times. A whole bunch of candidates, all mostly similar but with occasional differences, were unable to defeat a broadly unpopular candidate. This is in spite of the fact that most voters don't want him. If these voters had been willing to unite behind a "good enough" option, the candidate they like least would have lost. Instead, they stayed fractured and he is winning. Only now have they finally realized that they should form a coalition. By uniting in to a group where no one gets everything they want, and compromises are made, they have a chance at stopping the person that gives them nothing they want. It's text book and it's been fun to watch.

This is a wonderful breakdown that I'm quoting so more people see it :p

This rally is surreal...

Is there a Trump rally that isn't?

Anyone know of famous/historical figures, important landmark, etc from Rhode Island? Like why is it even in the union?

Roger Williams- Stopped the puritain stronghold on new england power, promoted better dealings with the Natives, abolishonist (though the state kinda went backwards on that and started being a huge port for slavery)

CVS is headquartered there too.

Brown University.

I think there's a bunch of medical stuff there which overlaps with boston

teiresias

giphy.gif

Ironic considering the hissy fit he and his campaign are throwing over wanting to win a primary and not doing it.

View 3 new Tweets
Matt Viser ‏@mviser 14s15 seconds ago
“I have never seen a human being eat in such a disgusting fashion.” — Donald Drumpf on John Kasich

I said goddamn, Trump is going strong now. I think one of the largest issues with the Cruz/Kasich alliance is that before they did that, Trump had to try to think strategically about which one would be better to attack depending on the state. Now, they're tied at the hip (in the minds of the public), so he can just lob shots at both of them. They're the same target!

Idiots, every one of them. I legitimately think there's a good market for a great, well-written book studying this GOP primary. It could end up being required reading for decades.

I said goddamn, Trump is going strong now. I think one of the largest issues with the Cruz/Kasich alliance is that before they did that, Trump had to try to think strategically about which one would be better to attack depending on the state. Now, they're tied at the hip (in the minds of the public), so he can just lob shots at both of them. They're the same target!

Idiots, every one of them. I legitimately think there's a good market for a great, well-written book studying this GOP primary. It could end up being required reading for decades.
Game Change 3. Make it a goddamn Movie hollywood. Ivy, get on it.

ivysaur12

Banned
Since everything Trump says is basically comedy, how would they actually make a serious documentary style film about it without it just being a straight comedy?

It's a tough nut to crack but you probably couldn't focus on the entire campaign, just probably the most tumultuous aspects near the end of it, culminating with the convention.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Make it two volume: one from Priebus' view and another one from Trump. I feel like there's so much material that will get lost if we just focus on a few moments here and there.

May as well just go full Catch-22 style in that case, a miniseries with each episode focusing on a different character. Trump's campaign would be the equivalent of The Eternal City.

ivysaur12

Banned
Trump is an egomaniac who is running to prove something to himself. Cruz is an asshole who never had any friends and is running for president to also prove something to himself. Kasich is an asshole who's trying to be someone he's not (a folksy hero) who's running for reasons I can't quite articulate.

Each of them is probably running for all of the right reasons, which is why it's all fascinating to watch. The obsession to be loved.

Since everything Trump says is basically comedy, how would they actually make a serious documentary style film about it without it just being a straight comedy?

You do it from the perspective of everyone but Trump, it's a documentary about what Trump upended, and you can only do that from the point of view of the 'normal'. They should never actually show Trump, whether visually or aurally. It should be entirely secondhand; Trump has received so much attention from the media that people are more interested in the fallout of his famous moments than the moments themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom