• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macho Madness, you are so far off the mark.
Jim Webb is an extinct blue dog. Hardly a Democrat.
Except Jim Webb is not a blue dog. The real blue dogs would have never supported abortion or immigration reform that benefits immigrants. Jim Webb has, emphatically! If Jim Webb is not a Democrat, what is he? Because I guarantee you he is not even close to a Republican.

He isn't one today. The party has shifted and he didn't shift with it. Saying he doesn't fit in the Democratic Party of today is something he's even said.

It doesn't discount his achievements or good pieces of legislation.
That's a different reading than I have of what he's said.
Jim Webb said:
I fully accept that my views on many issues are not compatible with the power structure and the nominating base of the Democratic Party. [The current Democratic hierarchy] is not comfortable with many of the policies laid forth, and frankly I am not that comfortable with many of theirs.
Nowhere did he say that he is not a Democrat, and nowhere did he say that he is incompatible with the Democratic party. He merely holds some views that are off-base; but I assure you that he is entirely off base with Republicans except on gun control. And when the party tells him to vote, he votes. He voted for the Affordable Care Act. He was there in the Senate for his party even when he had doubts. That's a real Democrat.

Would he have a tough time running in this primary? Obviously. But, actually, if you put Bernie Sanders next to Jim Webb and there was no Clinton around, Jim Webb would have sweeped the primary. I am positive of that.

Anyway, Macho, because of this slander, I am going to write in Jim Webb for the California primary. I will drag this party center, so help me god.

You do it from the perspective of everyone but Trump, it's a documentary about what Trump upended, and you can only do that from the point of view of the 'normal'. They should never actually show Trump, whether visually or aurally. It should be entirely secondhand; Trump has received so much attention from the media that people are more interested in the fallout of his famous moments than the moments themselves.

That's really good.

thefro

Lyin' Ted is here!

5xwNzte.jpg

lDOHOmL.jpg

Xs8zIYj.jpg

The people with signs were all Trump supporters, for the most part.

Couldn't see anything with the people around the restaurant door, so I wasn't going to bother waiting on Cruz to come in/out since it could be hours.

PBY

Banned
Nick CorasanitiVerified account
‏@NYTnickc
Bobby Knight will join Trump at event on Wednesday in Indianapolis, according to release from campaign.

ivysaur12

Banned
Trump would get 28 delegates out of CT with those numbers. RI is purely proportional, but 60% would get him an extra delegate or two, which can't hurt.

Doesn't Cruz need to hit ten percent in both CT and RI to get any delegates at all?

CT: He needs to (a) get 20% of the statewide vote and (b) hold Trump under 50% to get any statewide delegates. District level delegates are winner take all. Source

RI: Statewide delegates have a 10% threshold. District level delegates are proportional. Source

Gravis is a terrible pollster, BTW.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
‏@NYTnickc
Bobby Knight will join Trump at event on Wednesday in Indianapolis, according to release from campaign.

And Indiana is officially Trump's.

This reminds me of the Parks and Recreation episode where they got Pawnee's basketball hero to support Leslie.

ivysaur12

Banned
CT: He needs to (a) get 20% of the statewide vote and (b) hold Trump under 50% to get any statewide delegates. District level delegates are winner take all. Source

RI: Statewide delegates have a 10% threshold. District level delegates are proportional. Source

Gravis is a terrible pollster, BTW.

Why does the Green Papers have such a terrible website

‏@NYTnickc

Probably won't win him many votes in Tippecanoe County (Purdue), but Knight's still pretty popular in conservative circles in Southern and Central Indiana at least. When Texas Tech hired him, stores began advertising they had Red Raider merchandise, and you'd see people wearing it around.

Trouble

Banned
‏@NYTnickc

Bobby Knight throwing a chair at a protester would make this election cycle complete.

God how do we still have people who revere Robert E. Lee.

He's like the supreme traitor to his country.

I mean we should look to him for military tactics but that's about it.

One of our countries greatest sins was the 1877 compromise.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!

Or something like that, fuck it I don't know. People are stupid.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
After reading this, maybe Trump really is starting to suffer from Alzheimer's.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/25/may...p_frontrunner_isnt_crazy_but_simply_not_well/

All along there's been something odd about his behavior and speech (to put it mildly, but I mean in this context), but his obvious narcissistic personality disorder made him too much of a punchline. He does show symptoms, more so lately. Trump's father had Alzheimer's.
I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

‏@NYTnickc
Seriously, if he threw a chair at a protester, the crowd would absolutely love it.

Slayven

History affected by the Heisenberg principle

Considering how long all parts of the country romanticized the confederacy that mentality is going to take some time to correct.

Recognizing and honoring guys like Lee was a way of expediating the process of bringing the south back into the union. Imean all the way up until, I dunno, the 80s glorifying the confederacy and the "rebels" went relatively unchallenged in the mainstream media. The Dukes of Hazard I think is a good example of how "fair game" southern confederacy references were until recently. A show like that would never fly today, which is good.

We've basically got like 120+ years of damage control that was written in favor of the south to unwrite.

It's similar to the Redskins name. It's something we've been doing wrong forever, but just the fact that the mistake has been repeated for so long makes some people view it as evidence of being "okay" as they remember times when there was little push against it.

PBY

Banned
John McCormack ‏@McCormackJohn 49s50 seconds ago
News: @MichaelRWarren reports Cruz campaign is vetting Fiorina for VP

kirblar

I went to school in VA, and hes more complicated in this state due to his reason for going with the south. (State loyalty over national.) For the other 49 though? Yeah, no reason at all to celebrate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom