• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Robbins has lost it.

Cg6eu4bWMAEZGzf.jpg

in other news, someone is now questioning my age because i laid out a sick burn in response to robbins' original stupid-ass tweet

blackw0lf

I've been getting text messages a couple times a week about going on a "Bernie Journey" to Indiana to knock on doors. I live in NY...

Whatever list they're using must be out of date.

As someone who worked on Obama's campaign having incorrect address or phone number information is par for the course, even for the most effective run data operations.

Did you reply back that you're in NY? If they're running an effective operation they should remove you off the list.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Did the people who were shit talking before ny come back to eat crow? Just need to know cause now there is the same shit talk elsewhere.

User 406

Banned
I've been getting text messages a couple times a week about going on a "Bernie Journey" to Indiana to knock on doors. I live in NY...

Whatever list they're using must be out of date.

Or maybe they really expect you to drop whatever you're doing and spend money you may not be able to afford to travel across the country. A "Bernie Journey" doesn't exactly sound local.

Few Bernie people were selected? After all the shit he's been giving the party and his completely unwillingness to cooperate with them he should be lucky it's not zero. Had he dropped this nonsense a month ago he would have gotten far more sway on the platform. This is 100% on him.

Talking about vetting (and naming someone specifically) while mathematically eliminated from a straight-up victory of your party's nomination is certainly a new one.

Cruz is a lot worse than trump to me, just his look and ideas. I feel they are all liars but ted is by far the biggest liar but I honestly do believe most people don't like cruz as trump says.

I don't even get how cruz got to this position it's almost like he just lucked out to be in the top 3 and shouldn't be there. Same with Trump and Mr. K I guess as well..

As someone who worked on Obama's campaign having incorrect address or phone number information is par for the course, even for the most effective run data operations.

Did you reply back that you're in NY? If they're running an effective operation they should remove you off the list.

Yeah, I replied back but they haven't removed me yet since I still get them once and awhile. I just delete them now.

Or maybe they really expect you to drop whatever you're doing and spend money you may not be able to afford to travel across the country. A "Bernie Journey" doesn't exactly sound local.

"Hey S4P, I just quit my job to go on a Bernie Jernie. Who else is with me?"

Holmes

I don't know how to interpret this :/ What does it mean?
Basically there's a convention committee that convenes before the convention itself to create the rules, procedures, etc. Sanders' team recommended 45 people to be part of that committee and they got a big no.

gcubed

Basically there's a convention committee that convenes before the convention itself to create the rules, procedures, etc. Sanders' team recommended 45 people to be part of that committee and they got a big no.

i mean, when you spend every other breath railing against the DNC, i'm not sure what you expect.

NeoXChaos

Seeing dim prospects in Kentucky’s closed primary

the campaign is now hoping for a stretch of May wins in Indiana, West Virginia, and Oregon, followed by others like Montana in June. That wouldn’t significantly cut into Clinton’s delegate lead, aides acknowledge, but Sanders seems intent on campaigning through California, the biggest delegate target of all, which votes June 7.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/sanders-caught-in-political-trap-222380

hmm

alternade

Ok, Thanks!

So how many people are on this committee? I can't say I blame them for shutting him out after dragging the DNC for months.

ivysaur12

Banned
I actually hadn't realized that Tom Perez was seriously floated as a possibility:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/us/politics/hillary-clinton-vice-president.html?_r=0

Among the names under discussion by Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Clinton and campaign advisers: Senators Tim Kaine and Mark Warner, former governors from the key state of Virginia; Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio, who represents both a more liberal wing of the party and a swing state; former Gov. Deval Patrick of Massachusetts, a prominent African-American Democrat; and Thomas E. Perez, President Obama’s labor secretary and a Hispanic civil rights lawyer.

Also, I like this:

Mrs. Clinton has offered general guidance as her team begins the search: She cares less about ideological and personal compatibility than about picking a winner, someone who can dominate the vice-presidential debate and convince Americans that Mrs. Clinton is their best choice.

She also wants a partner who is unquestionably qualified for the presidency and would help create the strongest contrast with the Republican ticket, which could be dogged by questions about Donald J. Trump’s fitness for the presidency or Senator Ted Cruz’s unbending conservatism, according to those interviewed. And she wants someone who could be an effective attack dog against either candidate.

Kind of feel like it rules out Castro.

Havoc2049

I love how Ted Cruz has marginalized himself. Everywhere he goes, reporters are always asking him about his bathroom comments...lol Brilliant strategy, Ted.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Did the people who were shit talking before ny come back to eat crow? Just need to know cause now there is the same shit talk elsewhere.

The only one I know of was:

who can teach me their best bow form for the queen?

how lame that the first woman president is getting in office with credit to her husband and money. should've been warren or gabbard.

Which was the most backhanded eating crow i've seen. Especially considering these posts 1 2 3

ivysaur12

Banned
Kaine just feels safe but uninspiring? I dunno. If she wants an attack dog, that's not it.

The real answer is Sherrod. He's loud, witty, a good debater, strong with the progressive wing of the party... fucking Kasich.

User 406

Banned
"Hey S4P, I just quit my job to go on a Bernie Jernie. Who else is with me?"

Yeah, did a quick google and a Bernie Journey is indeed a thing where you go to other states to knock on doors and whatnot. They say "neighboring states" on his site, but maybe they just consider New York to border on Indiana since Pennsylvania hasn't voted yet and Ohio doesn't count because it's deep south. :X

It's the new, improved Box of Kittens. Now with avatar!

Moving right along, I'd love Brown as a running mate if it didn't cost a Senate seat. I'd be fine with the other names mentioned. I'd be happier with some than others, but none are terrible. I'd definitely prefer it not be Castro.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It's the new, improved Box of Kittens. Now with avatar!

Moving right along, I'd love Brown as a running mate if it didn't cost a Senate seat. I'd be fine with the other names mentioned. I'd be happier with some than others, but none are terrible. I'd definitely prefer it not be Castro.

But that's a box of Cat.

GutsOfThor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom