• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still want to know if Manmademan ever ate his crow.

Hillary, however, is done. not running. I'd bet a ban on it. Someone like schweitzer could bring in a lot of red state votes, as well as racist democrats (hell-ooooooooo west virginia) that would not vote obama under and circumstances.

If we're going with one of the Virginia Senators I'd take Kaine over Warner, personally. I like what I've heard so far about Perez and would like to learn more.

But that's a box of Cat.

Yeah, I know. I couldn't find any suitable photos I really liked, so I just went with one of my kitty. Technically it's a box of kitten, though. Just a bit older than one's typical image of a kitten.

Holmes

Clinton / Harris 2016. Yass Queens.
tumblr_inline_o4kgzfYVcz1qeqj5r_500.gif

I don't want to lose Brown in the senate and have him replaced by Kasich. IMO Kaine is the best choice. Appoint Tom Perriello to his seat as a long-time-coming reward.

Not sure I buy Perez being qualified to be president. I'd rather him move up in the Clinton administration. Perhaps her Attorney General?

OuterLimits

A MSNBC reporter who is at the largest Indiana early voting polling site said he has talked to more Kasich people switching to Trump than Cruz.

Watch this backfire so badly on them.

The Cruz-Kasich thing is so going to backfire.

I'm thinking this is done. Really, if Trump brings home Indiana, this thing is over and any screwing him of the nom will end so ridiculously badly for them it won't be worth it (it ed badly no matter what, of course).

Tomorrow, the Dem primary should finally be laid to rest.

Also, lol @ Cruz already vetting VP candidates. So desperate. Also lol Fiorina.

Bowdz

The Cruz-Kasich thing is so going to backfire.

I'm thinking this is done. Really, if Trump brings home Indiana, this thing is over and any screwing him of the nom will end so ridiculously badly for them it won't be worth it (it ed badly no matter what, of course).

Tomorrow, the Dem primary should finally be laid to rest.

Also, lol @ Cruz already vetting VP candidates. So desperate. Also lol Fiorina.

I completely agree. I mean, is there any hard evidence that time in a state/district and time in a market actually makes a difference in the results this cycle? Jeb Bush spent weeks camped out in NH and spent millions and the results perfectly reflected the statewide polls. Trump spent significantly less time in NH and the results reflected the statewide polls. Same deal in NV and numerous other states. Bernie spent nearly twice as much in SC as Clinton and the results reflected the statewide polls. So is this pact actually going to impact the results or will the Indiana (which is a week away!) results reflect the statewide polling regardless of any Kasich ads that are no longer showing?

I don't think this has enough time to do anything beyond giving Trump a great talking point and suddenly raising the stakes for Cruz in Indiana. If Trump wins it, be has this locked down.

Dammit Ivy, the answer is always Evan Bayh.

I can't find the article now but my favorite Bayh story from the Indiana primary was him assuring Clinton that she would dominate the state based on his deep understanding of districts...followed by him sitting at HQ refreshing return results on election night as Obama edged closer and closer to 50%. The man is useless.

We lost the state obviously, but barely.

teiresias

Weaver sucks. Here's 8 minutes of Joy Reid dragging him to hell.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...only_win_white_voters_and_white_caucuses.html

Did I just hear Weaver float the possibility of a candidate that's not currently running coming out of the GOP convention with the nomination? I mean, I know the GOP is a dumpster-full-of-shit fire at this point, but even I can't imagine that being the case. No wonder the Bernie campaign is running on dreams and rainbows at this point ig this is the kind of nonsense Weaver thinks of when coming up with strategy.

I remember the media touting Evan Bayh as a potential running mate for Obama in 2008 and all I could think was, "Anybody but Bayh."

I like Birch Bayh, but Evan not so much.

sdijoseph

As a climate scientist living in (I think) the largest college town in PA (Penn State University Park), I have to say I haven't seen a single Bernie poster/bumper sticker neither on nor off campus. It's rather bizarre. I was expecting things to ramp up as the primary approached.

For the record, I have seen 2 Hillary signs waaaaay off campus in the more rural parts of town. Maybe State College just isn't feeling the Bern. Or maybe it's because the community just spent 2 years of sweat and money converting their coal plant to function on natural gas, and now Bernie wants to just end fracking without any consideration to the changing infrastructure in the region. Whatever the reason, enthusiasm among the youth here seems to be non-existent.

I'm a student here and the only Bernie support I noticed was during the rally (my lab partner said he was going); however, I am not really in touch with the community here so take that with a grain of salt.

LOL at it STARTS in Cleveland.

I can't believe he actually thinks he has a chance at a contested convention. He's a distant third in the primaries, he hasn't been doing the behind the scenes work to secure the loyalty of delegates like Cruz has, and he's made a bunch of enemies in the establishment.

In the unlikely event that the RNC can rewrite the rules in such a way to block both Trump and Cruz, they'll go with someone like Paul Ryan, not Kasich. He really has no business being in the race. All it's doing is helping Trump. Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom