• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a lurker in 2008 so there aren't any incriminating posts to dig up. Had I been posting here, I'm sure I would have made plenty of anti-Hillary posts, especially as the primary season went on.

Benchmark has pretty much gotten their final Benchmarks done for the upcoming five:
Delaware: + 20 Clinton
Connecticut: + 10 Clinton (Believe not enough change, and PPP has tended to be the out liner poll underestimating Clinton)
Pennsylvania: + 14 Clinton
Maryland: +30ish Clinton
Rhode Island: Coin Flip slight advantage Clinton

aren't these guys usually pretty accurate?

3phemeral

Anyone watching this Sanders Town Hall?

The answer he just gave on if he will endorse Clinton is really pissing me off.

Is it the same as this?

“That is totally dependent on what the Clinton platform is and how she responds to the needs of millions of Americans who are sick and tired of establishment politics and establishment economics,” he said during an interview on ABC’s This Week. “If Secretary Clinton is the nominee, she is going to have to make the case to the American people, not just to my supporters, but all Americans, that she is prepared to stand up to the billionaire class, she is prepared to fight for health care for all Americans, that she is prepared to pass paid family and medical leave, make sure that college is affordable for the young people in this country.”​

Trouble

Banned
Is it the same as this?

“That is totally dependent on what the Clinton platform is and how she responds to the needs of millions of Americans who are sick and tired of establishment politics and establishment economics,” he said during an interview on ABC’s This Week. “If Secretary Clinton is the nominee, she is going to have to make the case to the American people, not just to my supporters, but all Americans, that she is prepared to stand up to the billionaire class, she is prepared to fight for health care for all Americans, that she is prepared to pass paid family and medical leave, make sure that college is affordable for the young people in this country.”​

More or less, yes.

PBY

Banned
Lisa Hagen ‏@LA_Hagen 16m16 minutes ago
Bernie Sanders explains why he hasn't endorsed John Fetterman in #PASen: "I don’t know enough about John just to be honest with you."

Greenpeace is awful. They do far more harm than good.

see, i'm just basing that off them defacing the nazca lines with that stupid fucking stunt and then not punishing anyone

the sum total of all the harm they've done would bring that up from "should tell off" to "should mercilessly mock" at a bare minimum

hawk2025

Is it the same as this?

I hope she does fuck all for anyone "sick and tired" of establishment economics, tbh.

Fuck that populist noise. See how far that got Latin America.

Diablos

I don't know... what about the David Duke thing? You could tell something was going on, or not going on as the case may be. He couldn't respond to an easy one because he really could not recall who David Duke was at the time of the interview. He got flustered, close to his condition being exposed, and in frustration let out that he didn't know anything about white supremacists, either. Remember, Trump spoke about David Duke- disavowed his support by name- just the day before the interview where he could not recall anything about David Duke.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/

I think he's been close to being exposed like that numerous times, and he has a few techniques to get him out of trouble.

The doctor's note- now that is a perfect example of overcompensating ("laboratory test results were astonishingly excellent").
Eh. You're reading too much into it. Trump did this same kind of dismissive stuff about Obama's birth certificate, but to a lesser extent, back in 2012. He plays dumb. He likes to assume the role of this guy who just happens to not know the specifics of certain things because he's not a politician.

That's what I'd say as well, but a lot of people seem to think the opposite.

I'd say it appears that way because our right wing is further to the right than they have been, since.. I dunno, 1964? It is costing them nationally, but they still have more influence than a purely extremist fringe party should realistically have.

But the Neoliberal Clinton/Obama strategy has shifted the greater population over from a moderate conservative majority country to a moderate liberal.

Trouble

Banned
see, i'm just basing that off them defacing the nazca lines with that stupid fucking stunt and then not punishing anyone

the sum total of all the harm they've done would bring that up from "should tell off" to "should mercilessly mock" at a bare minimum

Convincing poor African nations to let people starve rather than accept GMO food aid brings the harm level up quite a bit.

Deeply troubled Bernie Stans don't know how to read past headlines:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Clinton recalled learning to shoot a gun on Monday, as she stressed her support for stronger firearms laws in western Pennsylvania.

Before about 800 people a community college in Youngwood, Clinton said she learned how to shoot at her grandfather’s lake cottage near Scranton.

“I’ve gone hunting, I’ve gone skeet shooting, I understand the important role that guns play in so many people’s lives,” said Clinton. She also has been adamant about finding ways to cut down on gun violence.

http://wdtn.com/2016/04/25/clinton-in-pa-talks-guns-going-shooting/

This is why we need free college tbh.

3phemeral

I'm truly hoping that when it comes down to it, he'll acquiesce and advocate her. Part of me wants to think that this is a strategy to show his base that he's being mindful of their distrust, so he's being publicly deliberate and careful in his decision-making process to quell it.

More or less, yes.

He's basically saying

Denounce your super pacs/George Clooney money and force all other democrats to do this same or I won't support you.

I honestly don't think he'll endorse her. He'll say she isn't as bad as Trump but the level of contribution and effort Hillary put in to help Obama win is 100% not happening this time around.

Don't know if this was posted yet http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/25/us/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign.html

Even as his chances of winning the Democratic presidential nomination slip away, Senator Bernie Sanders and his allies are trying to use his popularity to expand his political influence, setting up an ideological struggle for the soul of the Democratic Party in the post-Obama era.

Aides to Mr. Sanders have been pressing party officials for a significant role in drafting the platform for the Democratic convention in July, aiming to lock in strong planks on issues like a $15-an-hour federal minimum wage, breaking up Wall Street banks and banning natural gas “fracking.”

Amid his unexpectedly strong showing in the Democratic primaries, Mr. Sanders has tapped his two-million-person donor list to raise money for liberal congressional candidates in New York, Nevada and Washington State. And in the waning months of Barack Obama’s presidency, Mr. Sanders’s allies are testing their muscle against the White House, mounting a public attack on the president’s housing secretary, Julián Castro, over his department’s sales of delinquent mortgages to banks and private equity firms.

Sure, Jan.

This sort of thing is a huge part of why I'm supporting Hillary over Bernie. The left seriously needs to end its obsession with the bully pulpit and accept that building a consensus for change requires hard work.

Lisa Hagen ‏@LA_Hagen 16m16 minutes ago
Bernie Sanders explains why he hasn't endorsed John Fetterman in #PASen: "I don’t know enough about John just to be honest with you."

Oh, yeah. It also requires supporting downballot candidates. But of course the political revolution is all about Bernie.

Tom DeLay: Still a huge piece a shit

The wife and sons of Dennis Hastert and former politicians have written letters asking a judge to spare the ex-Speaker of the House prison in his hush-money case, according to court documents made public Friday.

Prosecutors are asking that Hastert, 74, be sentenced to six months in prison for structuring withdrawals to avoid bank reporting laws. Hastert’s attorneys are asking for probation.

Perhaps no letter is quite as striking as the one sent by former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas), who told the judge, “We all have our flaws, but Dennis Hastert has very few.”

It’s almost like an ugly punch line to an inappropriate joke: Hastert’s few “flaws” include being accused of sexually abusing several minors and then orchestrating a scheme to cover up his alleged misdeeds.

DeLay added that Hastert “doesn’t deserve what he is going through.”

“We all have our flaws, but Dennis Hastert has very few”? How a human being would choose to put something like this in writing is difficult to understand.

Wait VendettaRed is a former McCain stan

Yeap.

I didn't have an account on here till like two years ago. There might be some Gamespot posts of shame on me.

I was too young to vote in 08 but I would have voted for him if I could. I was just a republican apologist/ contrarian because I liked being different when everyone else was pushing for Obama. Going to college completely changed me though (at least I'd like to think so) . Prior to then I was all about them boot straps.

In High School we were watching "And the Band Played On", and I walked out and got pissed because I thought it was propaganda against Reagan. I was an utter moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom