• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

I'm truly hoping that when it comes down to it, he'll acquiesce and advocate her. Part of me wants to think that this is a strategy to show his base that he's being mindful of their distrust, so he's being publicly deliberate and careful in his decision-making process to quell it.

But he's been ginning up this distrust in his speeches. And he called for her transcripts again just yesterday. If this is his strategy as you suggest then why isn't he toning down the attacks?

3phemeral

But he's been ginning up this distrust in his speeches. And he called for her transcripts again just yesterday. If this is his strategy as you suggest then why isn't he toning down the attacks?
Oh, that's right. Last article I read was he'd consider "toning down" the attacks depending on how the next primary went.

I truly, honestly cannot wait for this to be over.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Oh right. My partner was saying that Clinton can clinch the nomination tomorrow. How excting!

I updated the margin requirements for Sanders assuming benchmark politics is close.

http://DemRace.com/?share=IxdT4Yua

Basically put after tomorrow he will need to make up 240 delegates in the remaining contests, basically requiring him to get 58.6% of the remaining delegates. Actually it's worse than that even, i'd have to put it in a spreadsheet to get the updated totals.

gcubed

I updated the margin requirements for Sanders assuming benchmark politics is close.

http://DemRace.com/?share=IxdT4Yua

Basically put after tomorrow he will need to make up 240 delegates in the remaining contests, basically requiring him to get 58.6% of the remaining delegates. Actually it's worse than that even, i'd have to put it in a spreadsheet to get the updated totals.

I think you messed that up, you didn't put MD in right and it completely blows up the rest

538 podcast just calling out those Bernie exit poll graphs lmao. Why bother.

So I'm guessing that open letter to Nate Silver Macho linked to earlier didn't work.

It occurred to me today that no matter what happens with exit polls tomorrow, it will be treated as confirmation by the conspiracy theorists.

Unadjusted exit polls overstate Bernie's support: "See, this is exactly what we're talking about..."

Unadjusted exit polls don't overstate Bernie's support: "See, this proves we were right all along. Now that they've been caught they've stopped the fraud..."

Holmes

oh my god hilary is so embarrassing

so much cringe worthy stuff

"i have 2.7 million votes, fuck bernies supporters."
Actually she has like 10.3 million votes and it'll only go up tomorrow.

oPj9CqX.gif

hawk2025

If some opposition voters want to be coddled after defeat, maybe don't accuse the opposition of being bought and paid for liars.

You put yourselves in this position.

You often pointed out how there was nothing policy-wise that could sway you, because you were against her on principle. Don't be surprised if they don't think they can ever get your vote.

I don't think much energy or time should be spent on decrying the Bernie or Bust "movement" - it's a group of what is historically the most inactive political demographic attempting to use their political activity as leverage. It's a bluff I'm perfectly willing to call.

hawk2025

I don't think much energy or time should be spent on decrying the Bernie or Bust "movement" - it's a group of what is historically the most inactive political demographic attempting to use their political activity as leverage. It's a bluff I'm perfectly willing to call.

Same.

If they indeed have "moral redlines" and refuse to support the candidate, there's nothing to be done. If they don't, they're bluffing.

It's not worth compromising solid policy to cater to them. They have consistently been working under the assumption that any and all policy positions are two-faced lies. Why bother leaning more towards them and potentially lose GE votes from the center?

hawk2025

The "inactive political demographic" is not the issue, IMO, because the democratic party cannot afford to potentially miss the boat on a whole generation.

The problem is the purpose of appealing to voters in the first place. Shifting left makes NO sense if it doesn't capture their votes, and they've said it won't. You either take the chance and risk losing the center, or you call their bluff and assume they will vote strategically.

Ironically, their own hardline is their worst enemy. It's a much better strategy to not even try to coddle them.

Is it wrong that the thing that bothers me the most about those images is that the map didn't update the electoral votes of each state from their 1964 vaues? It's wrong, isn't it?

The notion that Bernie could recreate LBJ's 64 map is crazy.

He'd need to hire Ted Cruz's Ad team to make his commercials him to even have a chance at that.

National GE

Clinton 50
Trump 39

Clinton 49
Cruz 42

Kasich 46
Clinton 41

Sanders 52
Trump 37

Sanders 50
Cruz 38

Sanders 44