• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

itschris

I could definitely see Texas being closer than usual, maybe even within 5-7 points, but I'd be very surprised if it went blue. In 2008, the margin was about 12%. In 2012, almost 16%.

ampere

Didn't see this posted, from this morning.

Cg5mZjcWsAIL9A0.jpg

https://twitter.com/brentscher/status/724629179975766016

woah. Kasich and Putin must have a mutual relative! So uncanny

I could definitely see Texas being closer than usual, maybe even within 5-7 points, but I'd be very surprised if it went blue. In 2008, the margin was about 12%. In 2012, almost 16%.

That's about the margin where it can become a weak point though. Like, Obama spending a dime in MS/TX/AL etc... was a waste, but if Trump is at the top of the ticket, then you can spend some money there to force him to respond. It's close enough that if you push, he has to push back. He'll win the push-back, but he'll leave states like OH, FL, CO, etc.. completely open.

itschris

Between all the Mormons and Mexicans, I think AZ would legit flip in a Clinton/Trump matchup.

I'll definitely be watching Arizona closely. And maybe John McCain could actually lose re-election! I'm shocked he's even running for another term - he's already 79, he'd be 85 by the next senate election.

That's about the margin where it can become a weak point though. Like, Obama spending a dime in MS/TX/AL etc... was a waste, but if Trump is at the top of the ticket, then you can spend some money there to force him to respond. It's close enough that if you push, he has to push back. He'll win the push-back, but he'll leave states like OH, FL, CO, etc.. completely open.

True, true. Although if things are going that badly for the Republicans, they might not even really fight for the presidency. They may just focus on trying to keep the house and senate.

Don't know if posted already, but hey guys, do you remember Anthony Weiner?

Trailer for the Weiner documentary dropped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4FIGnJknk
Man I fucking love that guy. ...but poor Huma.

I think he should run again! Seriously. In case people forgot how much fun it was the first time:

Politico said:
In the contentious interview with O’Donnell, Weiner was asked what he plans to do after he loses.
“I don’t plan on losing,” he said, adding, “Maybe I’ll come on this show and kick your ass every night, like I’m doing now.”

PBY

Banned
This Delaware LLC thread is hilarious to me. It's basically my job to do this.

I assure you - there is nothing nefarious happening 999999.9999999999% of the time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This Delaware LLC thread is hilarious to me. It's basically my job to do this.

I assure you - there is nothing nefarious happening 999999.9999999999% of the time.

No shit, but you know how people are. The first time I came across it I thought there might be a big story there, but after a bit of research it turned into a whole lot of nothing. The only reason it's getting any play is the Panama Papers thing.

PBY

Banned
No shit, but you know how people are.
It's not an unfair discussion, i.e. Why do we have these varied tax laws and are they a net good is a helpful discussion imo.

What gets me is the presumption of like bond-villainesque wrongdoing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's not an unfair discussion, i.e. Why do we have these varied tax laws and are they a net good is a helpful discussion imo.

What gets me is the presumption of like bond-villainesque wrongdoing.

It's not an unfair discussion to have at all, but there's not any real wrongdoing going on there either. It just seems like the discussion that should be occurring is shrouded behind the bullshit.

Yeah it's one thing to say "we shouldn't have these" but another to be like "WOW CORRUPT" because someone's doing a completely boring thing that's perfectly legal and well known.

Also she's not running to be governor of Delaware. You know, the person who could close this "loophole"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Circumventing state tax laws so that revenues come from the backs of small businesses and workers is not boring.

It's not, but at the same time everyone already knows about it. I pitched this story while I was at a business site a few years back and the response I got was a "no shit, everyone already knows this." Besides, small businesses do this too. It isn't just big corporations. There's a discussion to be had on this, but it's not the one being had.

okay, so is she supposed to be piloting a miniaturized Jack Markell suit armed with mini-nukes to cow the general assembly into amending tax laws
so that everyone who's there specifically for tax purposes flees to what was formerly the second-most friendly state
?

PBY

Banned
Also it's not just tax. The courts are expert, uniquely so, in business specific issues. The Delaware LP and LLC are hugely useful and flexible entities.

There are real reasons here.

Bowdz

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/25/politics/ted-cruz-john-kasich-donald-trump/index.html

Kasich has terrible body language and sweats more than 10 Rubios

The dude isn't presidential at all. I used to think he was a fairly moderate Republican, but now I view him as a more conservative Mitt Romney without the charm and with additional anger issues, awkwardness, shit beta hunchback posture, and NO GODDAMN EYEBROWS. I like him about as much as Cruz at this point tbh which is saying a lot.

Trouble

Banned
I give it six months after inauguration before you see a 'wish you had elected me?' Bernie meme being passed around unironically.

It's not, but at the same time everyone already knows about it. I pitched this story while I was at a business site a few years back and the response I got was a "no shit, everyone already knows this." Besides, small businesses do this too. It isn't just big corporations. There's a discussion to be had on this, but it's not the one being had.
I knew about this, too! Everyone knows about it! But I will be damned if we normalize criminal intent.

okay, so is she supposed to be piloting a miniaturized Jack Markell suit armed with mini-nukes to cow the general assembly into amending tax laws
so that everyone who's there specifically for tax purposes flees to what was formerly the second-most friendly state
?
I wasn't talking about Hillary Clinton at all. I just think tax evasion is a shame.

Also it's not just tax. The courts are expert, uniquely so, in business specific issues. The Delaware LP and LLC are hugely useful and flexible entities.

There are real reasons here.
Such reasoning is specious. The existence of business specific courts does not excuse the shell game that goes on with interstate and international commerce. There is such a thing as expert testimony!

Holmes

Guess I might as well watch that town hall thing. Come on Rachel, I know you want people to tune in, but this thing really is all but sown up.

Holmes

I can tell that Hillary wants this over by the way she's reacting to Rachel's "well iiiiiffff you have more votes after June 7..." questions.

pigeon

Banned
Tax evasion is bad, but, like, literally the point of a federal country is that you can choose to do business in particular states to take advantage of their state laws. Incorporating in Delaware to avoid state income tax is not tax evasion, it's just choice of venue. You'll still have to pay sales and use tax in other states if you do business there.

The biggest issue with Delaware from a corporate perspective isn't Delaware specific, it's non-compete clauses, which are mostly legal everywhere but California. Those should be federally illegal.

johnsmith

remember me
The dude isn't presidential at all. I used to think he was a fairly moderate Republican, but now I view him as a more conservative Mitt Romney without the charm and with additional anger issues, awkwardness, shit beta hunchback posture, and NO GODDAMN EYEBROWS. I like him about as much as Cruz at this point tbh which is saying a lot.

He's basically Ol Gil. Like really, it's eerie how similar they are. They look exactly the same, and they've got the same mannerisms.

30Lf1ID.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom