• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Question: With the question of Bernie's wobble on supporting a Hillary nomination and proclaiming how she'll have to win over voters herself, how much responsibility does he hold over the "Hillary is a liar" rhetoric that seems to be permeating his supporters? How does he reconcile this loop:

• Sanders Base: "Hillary is a liar"
  • Bernie: "She needs to adopt my platform to gain my supporters"
  • *Hillary adopts more of his platform*
  • Sanders Base: "Hillary is lying to gain votes"

That's my view.

It's not worth trying to compromise sound policy to appeal to voters that have already drawn a line in the sand based on exactly that. They are either bluffing or they are not. It's best to not risk losing the pivotal center.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Question: With the question of Bernie's wobble on supporting a Hillary nomination and proclaiming how she'll have to win over voters herself, how much responsibility does he hold over the "Hillary is a liar" rhetoric that seems to be permeating his supporters? How does he reconcile this loop:

• Sanders Base: "Hillary is a liar"
  • Bernie: "She needs to adopt my platform to gain my supporters"
  • *Hillary adopts more of his platform*
  • Sanders Base: "Hillary is lying to gain votes"

Seems like it'd never be satisfied, really.

Well, he started that loop way back in November.

Slayven

So Pennsylvania GOP race has 50 delegates that don't go to anybody automatically?

I imagine the GOP to completely overhaul their rules after this year

Boke1879

BTW I just want to rant about something.

The people that are crucifying Clinton for her Delaware holdings and saying things like "she takes advantage of tax loopholes so she won't close them," but support Sanders, are just unfuckingbelievable dense or hypocritical because Sanders does the SAME fucking thing. He and his wife use tax avoidance strategies.

Just arghhhhhhh.

Also when the fuck has speech transcripts ever had the same importance as fucking TAX RETURNS?!

One of them is literally JUST WORDS, and the other shows your ACTION. Did you put your money where your mouth is? From what we can see Jane Sanders, the answer is NO you tax dodging hypocrite*.

*I'm aware tax avoidance is legal and I'm not that put out by it on its own.

No you're right. No one really cares about whatever speech she gave. And the fact he keeps harping on about it shows that he's in a echo chamber as well. Believing it'll somehow boost his chances

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So Pennsylvania GOP race has 50 delegates that don't go to anybody automatically?

Apparently they've all said they're going to support the winner of the state, so just add those 50 to Trump's total.

And yea, there's no way they don't rig their primary to look more like the Democratic one.

Apparently they've all said they're going to support the winner of the state, so just add those 50 to Trump's total.

And yea, there's no way they don't rig their primary to look more like the Democratic one.
Gonna be even funnier when they try to steal it from Cruz in 2020 after coalescing behind him this time.

NeoXChaos

Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 3h3 hours ago
Our expected results today from our benchmark model.

Cg-8P9tWUAMmrRh.jpg

Changing it to the straight proportional systems will make it really hard for candidates to get to 1237 and lead to more convention fights that the hardcore conservatives will win though.

I mean, they'll probably do it, but Ben Sasse ending up tied with 900 delegates with Cruz and Ted Nugent in 2020 entering the convention and Cruz ending up winning on the 4th ballot will be a punch in the gut.

Ron Paul might have had a chance in 2012 if they had the Dems system and Ron Paul convinced Santorum to stay in throughout so that the field was too divided to get a majority.

They'll introduce their own version of the superdelegates, and then change the nomination process so that superdelegates count for approximately 100% of delegates. 0% will be bound to state primary/caucus results which will still be held because lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Changing it to the straight proportional systems will make it really hard for candidates to get to 1237 and lead to more convention fights that the hardcore conservatives will win though.

I mean, they'll probably do it, but Ben Sasse ending up tied with 900 delegates with Cruz and Ted Nugent in 2020 entering the convention and Cruz ending up winning on the 4th ballot will be a punch in the gut.

I presume they'd appoint Super Delegates as well, so they could avoid a floor fight.

hoping one of those "wouldn't vote for Clinton" poll questions actually comes with age crosstabs at some point so I can finally have empirical proof of something I've been wondering about for the past month

pigeon

Banned
hoping one of those "wouldn't vote for Clinton" poll questions actually comes with age crosstabs at some point so I can finally have empirical proof of something I've been wondering about for the past month

I would be more interested in cross tabs with "voted in 2012."

It begins! ...On CNN.

Disclaimer: I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few weather break-ins on the networks for, to be blunt, catastrophic tornado damage in the plains states. The tornado watch for OKC and Dallas is flagged "Particularly Dangerous Situation", which is weather code for "YOU ARE COMPLETELY FUCKED".
I'd go personally revert the edit, but it's way too funny + I'm feeling really lazy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom