• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cg_SavLWUAAbsrA.jpg
Mess

Iolo

How Bernie responds to defeat between now and the convention and where he shifts his rhetoric to will dictate whether he has a lasting impact on politics or ends up a tricky pub quiz question.

This senator ran opposite Hillary Clinton for the 2016 Democratic Party nomination:

A. Colonel Sanders
B. Bernie Sanders
C. Bernie Frank
D. Frank Sinatra

8 years ago I was following the race by listening to conservative talk radio.

I used to like hearing the 'other side' as it was, until that fateful day I got caught driving home in a blizzard and got lost in the whiteout while listening to people calling into the station from an hour away mocking the weather report and the state for taking the whole storm seriously. By the fourth caller who was like "Where's this storm? Where's all the snow? I thought it was going to be snowmageddon!" I turned it off and never turned that shit back on.

Unlike precedent, Jane Sanders says they will not release any more tax returns prior to 2014, because Hillary won't release her private speaking transcripts, which is not precedent.

wut
Ok, there is something in those taxes. I was hedging about it, but now I'm 100% certain. Why are they making it such a big issue is beyond my comprehension and the only thing that makes sense is there's something in them.

Everyone knows Clinton is in the pocket of Big Nintendo.

That certainly is a Big Nintendo.

I'm always shocked when I see a Gameboy and remember how big they were.

Also:

I don't have a huge problem with Hillary, but she's not my favorite candidate. I don't really know where she stands or what she'll do, although I liked Bill in office. Hillary's been such a by-the-numbers politico that I'm not sure what ball she'll run with once she's in office.

While looking, I also found a post from somebody else in 2013 or so, suggesting Hillary would not get minority support. That's amusing in hindsight.

Ok, there is something in those taxes. I was hedging about it, but now I'm 100% certain. Why are they making it such a big issue is beyond my comprehension and the only thing that makes sense is there's something in them.

I really wonder if they didn't file any taxes, the way they are disorganized.

I don't think so. I think it's a desperate bid to keep the transcripts in the news cycle.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But what? A weird charity? A tax haven?

Well, Jane Sanders was a university president. Could be a golden parachute type thing.

I mean, I don't think there's anything in there but even Romney disclosed more than a year's worth of taxes. If you're disclosing less than Romney, well it's not a good look.

I think people who are seriously alleging election fraud are beyond the realm of logical argument. It's worth a shot, but if they've become so invested in Bernie that they're willing to discount every unfavorable result and trump up small victories as indicative of massive support, poll numbers aren't going to change their minds.

No different than modern day Republicans. They genuinely believe (thanks to their echo chambers) that the entire country agrees with them, so clearly the only reason they lose is because of fraud. Sheer lunacy. I'd be worried if these people ever voted in the first place, but since they rarely do, I don't particularly care for courting their egos. They can vote logically or not, but it's not my job to hold their hands to get there.

Stop posting super old quotes. It's just weird. People change.

I bet Kev's got some old quotes that reveal
he used to be a poor!

pls dont ban

MD Exit Poll- Bernie: 53 / Hillary: 47

Meltdowns. Explosions. Parties in the streets

MD Results: Hillary: 63 / Bernie: 37

Accusations of fraud. "Where did the votes go" Someone getting fired. Mass delusion and hysteria

HylianTom

Banned
MD Exit Poll- Bernie: 53 / Hillary: 47

Meltdowns. Explosions. Parties in the streets

MD Results: Hillary: 63 / Bernie: 37

Accusations of fraud. "Where did the votes go" Someone getting fired. Mass delusion and hysteria
I wonder how many will read the first line of this post and immediately feel their blood pressure go up, before realizing that it's a hypothetical.. 😋

Other polls have asked Americans whether they prefer the past to the present. In March, Pew asked people whether life was better for people like them 50 years ago — and a majority of Republicans answered yes. Trump supporters were the most emphatic, with 75 percent saying things were better in the mid-1960s.

Democrats, though, were less enthusiastic about the past. Forty-eight percent said life was better now than it was 50 years ago, while 17 percent of Democrats said it was the same, and only 28 percent said it was worse. Political science research suggests that Americans’ optimism can be influenced by whether their political party is in the White House. So it’s perhaps not surprising that Democrats feel better than Republicans about current circumstances.

Hint 1: Trump voters and Democrats have different skin colors.
Hint 2: What was life like in the 1960s for non-white people?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/26/upshot/when-was-america-greatest.html?_r=1

But what if they're voting for Bernie this time????

This whole tax return thing was such a masterful squashing of the transcript issue that I can only sit back and marvel at how much it's deflated that talking point. Not that it was gaining traction before... but it's proven such an amazing counter punch.
I'm sure he'll still talk about it because he has nothing else.

Well, Jane Sanders was a university president. Could be a golden parachute type thing.

I mean, I don't think there's anything in there but even Romney disclosed more than a year's worth of taxes. If you're disclosing less than Romney, well it's not a good look.

That university she worked for didn't have much of an endowment and had a lot of debt, so I doubt that it is anything huge.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This whole tax return thing was such a masterful squashing of the transcript issue that I can only sit back and marvel at how much it's deflated that talking point. Not that it was gaining traction before... but it's proven such an amazing counter punch.

It's effective because everyone discloses their taxes and his charge is a standard no one has been held too before. All that happened was that a fake issue got squashed by a "real" one.

That university she worked for didn't have much of an endowment and had a lot of debt, so I doubt that it is anything huge.

I honestly don't think it's that either, I'm just spitballing.

Why do you think the debt is so large?

#followtheberningtrail

You made me spit my drink out!

Why do you think the debt is so large?

#followtheberningtrail

You know reading this article about the "hostile work environment" under Jane really puts some clarity to what we are seeing going on now with his campaign:

Grill described a closed and hostile environment, claiming that Sanders frequently yelled at staff and managed to eliminate anyone who voiced criticism. In the letter, Grill claims that “many concerned voices were forced out by continual abuse and by eventually being offered humiliating and unfair contracts in which they were demoted below people who were, in many cases, less qualified for their positions.”

In the last six years, about 40 people have left the school, Grill estimates, “most (if not all) deeply disillusioned with the institution and its processes, most harboring bitterness and deep regret.”

http://vtdigger.org/2011/09/27/jane...ncy-of-burlington-college-reaches-settlement/

East Lake

Article about the FTC crushing an honest business after taking tips from a dishonest one.

The one company that didn’t settle with the FTC is LabMD. Daugherty hoped, at first, that if he were as cooperative as possible, the FTC would go away. He now calls that phase “the stupid zone.” LabMD mailed some 5,000 pages of documents to Washington. The FTC asked the company to reship everything by FedEx. In a follow-up phone call and letter, the commission dismissed LabMD’s documentation as “inadequate.” The company sent more, and Daugherty and his lawyer flew up to Washington for a face-to-face meeting with two FTC lawyers that July. The agency requested still more information. LabMD sent another bundle of materials in August, this time trying to go beyond what the FTC had asked by including documentation going back to 2001. From Daugherty’s perspective, the FTC lawyers didn’t seem to absorb or understand the details and documents they kept asking for; he began to wonder if the FTC was intentionally trying to bury LabMD under so many demands. (The FTC didn’t respond to numerous e-mails and calls about its investigation of LabMD.)

The FTC filed a formal complaint against LabMD in August 2013 in its administrative court system, alleging not only that LabMD had allowed billing information for some 9,000 consumers to leak out of its computer network, but also that sensitive information for at least 500 more had wound up in the hands of identity thieves in Sacramento. The agency quickly ramped up the pressure on LabMD. The company’s legal fees had mounted to a half-million dollars. In a three-hour period on Oct. 24, 2013, commission lawyers sent notice of 20 depositions to be taken in various parts of the country, initially all scheduled at the same time on the same day. They requested depositions from LabMD’s employees, former employees, clients, and technology service providers, and the police in 11 states. LabMD’s lawyers tried to get a protective order and stay the proceedings, arguing that these tactics seemed designed to wreck LabMD’s business rather than discover relevant information.

LabMD was, in fact, crumbling under the strain. Revenue declined to $2.1 million in 2013, from $4.6 million in 2012, the year the fight with the FTC became public. Daugherty’s deputy quit that July. LabMD’s insurers declined to renew the company’s general liability, medical malpractice, and property policies. LabMD’s employees grew increasingly restive and angry at Daugherty for his refusal to settle with the FTC.

“The psychological warfare the FTC did on the company, the morale, the diversion, the fear—those employees blamed me,” he says. “It’s like, ‘Why don’t you just settle with them? Why are you being so stubborn?’ ” In January 2014 he shut the company down, jamming medical equipment into his garage, home office, and extra bedroom, where it remains today.
http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-labmd-ftc-tiversa/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know reading this article about the "hostile work environment" under Jane really puts some clarity to what we are seeing going on now with his campaign:

http://vtdigger.org/2011/09/27/jane...ncy-of-burlington-college-reaches-settlement/

There was a article out of the NYTimes, I believe, where they went to Vermont and interviewed a couple of Bernie's old opponents in his various races and found what he's been doing against Clinton--painting her as corrupt and so on--is something he liked to do up there as well.

There was a article out of the NYTimes, I believe, where they went to Vermont and interviewed a couple of Bernie's old opponents in his various races and found what he's been doing against Clinton--painting her as corrupt and so on--is something he liked to do up there as well.

Oh my, here is something recent from the same location about asking for a fraud investigation about the land purchase from when she was Univ Pres (from a GOP attorney though):

https://vtdigger.org/2016/01/11/ver...al-probe-into-jane-sanders-fraud-allegations/

In the years that followed, more than $1 million in confirmed donations listed by Sanders in loan documents never materialized, as previously reported by VTDigger.

When the diocese settled a loan with the college last year, the church lost as much as $2 million, according to financial statements from the diocese obtained by VTDigger.

Burlington College could not afford the new campus, and nearly went bankrupt before selling much of the land to developer Eric Farrell last year. Farrell recently inked a development deal with the city to build housing on a portion of the land.

Still, this is some serious opposition stuff you know the GOP must have been waiting to use in case Hillary fell. I mean, this is the first time I've read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom