• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrow

I think the situations are different. This is a unified decision for her to resign. Letting her speak is probably just throwing her a bone.

People wanted Cruz to endorse the GOP nominee. He didn't. I think that showed division. That said they need to let her speak as early as possible so we can just move on.
Yeah if anything this is the opposite of Cruz since most were united against her staying on.

kirblar

I think the situations are different. This is a unified decision for her to resign. Letting her speak is probably just throwing her a bone.

People wanted Cruz to endorse the GOP nominee. He didn't. I think that showed division. That said they need to let her speak as early as possible so we can just move on.
Yeah, it's not as though Hillary's campaign/supporters are big fans- it was that keeping her there was better than trying to have someone take over midstream.

itschris

Nina Turner
‏@ninaturner

Congrats @donnabrazile. We believe in you. Thanks for being fair and transparent!

Donna Brazile, someone we can all believe in!

EDIT: Clinton statement on DWS:

44KBxil.jpg

pigeon

Banned
I had way too much confidence in the ability of Bernie posters to have a useful conversation, so here's my crosspost.

I actually think the discussion of DNC "bias" is potentially interesting, although it seems too fraught to have productive discussions about.

I think we'd all generally agree that the DNC should generally not play favorites among the candidates who want to run for the Democratic nomination.

However, I would argue that this is more or less what happened. I don't think the DNC was particularly biased against Bernie Sanders -- I think that he got as much or more support as any candidate who entered the party from outside, declared that the party was corrupt, and spent most of their time refusing to coordinate or help the party and attacking it as being rigged against him.

One aspect of this is that I think people are using the word "fair" in very strange ways. To be frank, Hillary Clinton has done much more work and preparation for her presidential campaign than Bernie Sanders did. It's unclear to me why it would be "fair" for them be have roughly equal chances to win the nomination when she put in much more effort. That strikes me as demanding special treatment! I would make the argument that Hillary's overwhelming structural advantage reflected Hillary's overwhelming investment in winning, an investment Bernie Sanders never made to the same degree.

Doesn't it seem fair that the candidate that works harder and spends more time preparing should have a better chance of winning? Isn't that how we want life to work?

The other aspect of this issue is less about Clinton and more about the party. Again, Bernie spent a lot of time attacking the DNC and the Democratic Party. It is actually very strange to me that people make the argument that it is "unfair" for the DNC to want to give less support to a candidate who explicitly attacks them. I'm unclear on why it is "fair" to argue that somebody's choices should not have consequences. The argument that people's right to fair treatment is sacrosanct regardless of their antisocial behavior comes up a lot and I don't think much of it.

If you go to a barn raising and start telling everybody that they're terrible at raising barns and need to put it in a different location, you can probably expect that you will not get much support and after a while people will start giving you less attention. That's not because they're being "unfair" towards your desires. It's because people working together on a collective good are going to be more supportive of people who contribute towards that collective good. That's how society functions.

Oh god this emails shitshow

Just go away

This weekend was perfect for Dems but of course this has to happen

Once the news came out that the DNC was hacked, it was pretty obvious that any negative information from that hack would eventually come.

Clinton campaign has the right approach: the Russian influence in US elections is more important than the treatment Sanders got from the DNC.

Diablos

Haha. I pop in here once in a while.

It's always good to see Diablos doing his doom and gloom.
It's just an unwanted annoyance. Timing is horrible. Also mad that Russians are trying to influence the election by hacking the Dems. Really not happy about that.

Bowdz

Just go away

I actually think this might have a net positive effect.

Getting an incompetent party chair out is great news especially because she's been a source of angst for the progressive wing all year. Also, it has highlighted extremely disturbing connections between Russia and Trump. Win win.

Just go away

This is a net positive for the DNC. For one, they acted quickly. Second, they have an opportunity to bring in someone who can do some good things for down-ticket races that the DNC consistently fucks up.

Boke1879

I just find his tweets now are just losing their flair. I mean they were funny in a crazy sort of way. Now it's just annoying. Sure his base eats it up, but it's just twitter diarrhea now.

Actually, the fact that Trump is going hard after Bernie supporters is giving me life. It's, literally, the only play they have. It's also a fucking dumpster fire because he doesn't know ow to do anything not bigly.

Ben Jealous supporting Clinton now lol

Also I fucking love Donna.
This is why I say this was planned (was wrong about timing) the Bernie people who want a future in the party were given this as a way to say they got something (they didn't, remember this is Clintons part come November)

I had way too much confidence in the ability of Bernie posters to have a useful conversation, so here's my crosspost.

Not sure there's much room for a convo there, pidg. I mean, you know where i stand vis-à-vis the candidates, and... your views are pretty much 1:1 with mine. Any discussion that went against that would most likely veer towards idealism/appeals to emotion, and..well... yeah.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Supposedly there's an internal poll of Mia Love's of Utah-4 that has the race Trump 29, Hillary-27, Johnson-26.

I still think a pro-Hillary PAC needs to run ads in Utah building up Johnson.

Is it still winner take all everywhere (other thank Maine and Nebraska) regarding Electoral Collage numbers even if someone doesn't break 50%?

Really? I mean, not being shady, but this is a nothing burger statement.

You say she's great. You love her. And then she fucks right off back to South Florida never to be heard from again.

Is it still winner take all everywhere (other thank Maine and Nebraska) regarding Electoral Collage numbers even if someone doesn't break 50%?

Yes it is.

Kusagari

I'm sure Hillary won't actually give Debbie anything to do. But it's terrible optics. Hey, we're using this woman as a scapegoat for this fucked up email scandal everyone is complaining about. She's now joining my campaign.

Ecotic

That statement is just a typical talking-up of someone who was forced out. There's no reason to say she sucked when she's exiting the building with her head hung low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom