• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhelm

contribute something
Looking at how ridiculously nationalist, racist, sexist and conservative the kids coming after us millennials are, makes me sad. They make the boomers look downright liberal...

We're never going to get a break. As soon as the boomers die out, the Trumper kiddos are going to be coming of age where they're politically active. :(

We're going to have to be the generation to keep everything not exploding into hellfire until we all die out...

Like a delicious sandwich between two moldy pieces of bread.

This is a bad take, Gen Z is probably the most left on record. While young conservatives are often very far right, they're a tiny slice of the population compared to the huge amount of college republican types that stink up the Millennial generation.

I think the dnc should come up with a comprehensive list of the 30-40 house seats they believe are "most likely" to flip and send them all out in emails so that all registered democrats can see what they are and target them specifically

It shouldn't be up to political junkies to do their own research and figure this stuff out.

kirblar

I think the dnc should come up with a comprehensive list of the 30-40 house seats they believe are "most likely" to flip and send them all out in emails so that all registered democrats can see what they are and target them specifically

It shouldn't be up to political junkies to do their own research and figure this stuff out.
When is the election? Having no leader right now is a huge issue.

Wilsongt

Fucking bullshit. No one ever argues any Islamic terrorists are just "mentally ill"

I do think though democrats in the future should actually work with republicans on a mental health bill in regards to guns.. just because half of that 33,000 gun death number a year is from suicide, and could actually be effective in bringing the overall gun death numbers down.. but not when they use it to deflect from an obvious white supremacist terrorist.

Really? The same people who just stripped back on an EO stating that mentally ill people on fucking social security should still be allowed to own their own guns even though they are incapable of taking care of their own finances?

Good luck with that.

DvLyflm.gif

...wait a second...

jtb

Banned

I think the DCCC already released the target list. But, yes, this shit needs to be made far easier and more frictionless. The party has very little understanding of how to tap into this grassroots activism so far.

When is the election? Having no leader right now is a huge issue.
I'm not sure. Can't say I'm looking forward to it because it's almost certainly going to be Perez coming out for some stupid reason.

But whatever. Hopefully whoever it is can give voters visible direction like this.

if the party makes it easy for people who want to be active to know where to go, given the size of these rallies and protests, I bet we can get tons of people getting mobilized trying to help flip places they aren't even registered to vote in.

I want dems marching in Jordan, Montana or where ever the fuck random places there might be a vulnerable seat in 2018

It's called the Cook Political Report!

#ShePersisted is trending on Twitter. Republicans are really good at giving their opponents ammo, huh?

That's an amazing slogan for protest

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Question -- I don't quite understand how reconciliation in the Senate works. It has to be for budget-specific or tax specific provisions?

Is it possible for the GOP to sneak nation-wide right-to-work legislation through using reconciliation?

It's a budgetary thing, so they can't just sneak anything through. It's also subject to the Byrd Rule. So they can't use it to get right-to-work through.

These are all great, it doesn't make us good at marketing, just really mad right now.

I mean, maybe, but also, #ShePersisted is great marketing. I get your mad, but we can't let our frustrations get in the way of recognizing when something is a good idea.

Breads

Banned
Easy decision.

But he could have easily rewritten that tweet so that he could spell out "decision" since there's a lot of waste in that sentence. Just terrible writing.

Telling people what they should be thinking is more important than cogency.

- Hordes of Muslims are swarming into the country. Throngs even!
- Be afraid.
- The judges are dumb and a liability. If anything happens it's their fault. Should be an easy decision.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--he said saying the Yemen mission was "unsuccessful" is wrong because a guy died?

Am I crazy, or wasn't that pretty much exactly what the republicans did ad nauseum to Hillary over the last few years?

dramatis

I think one of those weird things that Trump and the white supremacists want dearly that they haven't realized they won't get regardless of what position they occupy is respect.

Trump probably thought things would change when he became president and that people would have to respect and admire and adore him, just like they did Obama. He doesn't realize it wasn't President Obama that they respected, but Barack Obama.

Ogodei

He looks more and more defeated every day. Will he last?

Spicer? He apparently was a Priebus pick, so he was probably living on borrowed time even if he had done a bang-up job. Now i expect he won't see March, unless Trump knows that Spicer hates his job and wants to keep Spicer out there twisting in the wind to spite him.

messiaen

Seems to just be an email offer. :( I had a quick look, and though the site it redirects to is pretty generic, I think it identifies my email account somewhere along the line. Sorry for getting your hopes up. :/
No worries! Still considering subscribing to them regardless. I feel I need to digest more print media than skewed internet echo-chambers, lately.

jtb

Banned
The New York Times has incredible journalism. It just happens that their politics desk is probably their weakest department and their staff is pretty hit and miss. Haberman and Thrush bring the heat.

I don't know if the fact that he was a former GOP operative is coloring my view of him (and his unwillingness to ever disclose that), but Jonathan Martin seems to be king of the both-sides-ism/horse-race stuff, which is disappointing.

Oh, and Mark Liebovich is one of the best politics writers out there. The Times is practically worth subscribing to for NYT Mag alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom