• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche
Sean Spicer just now: I can only hope that if Coretta Scott King was still with us, that she would support Senator Sessions's nomination.

I'm trying to not be constantly surprised by this White House, but my God.

Slacker

Obviously add Trump in a bathrobe and a few "easy D" jokes to the whiteboard in the SNL writers' room. They may need to switch to doing a nightly show.

jmdajr

C4JoSOlXUAEu6aE.jpg

nice

Hey guys, there's a special election in the Minnesota House coming up. In 2012, the district went for the Republican by a 51/49 margin (was 56/44 in 2014). You all should volunteer to make calls.

http://www.lauriejwarner.com/

EDIT: Also, why it's a special election is lol

http://forestlaketimes.com/2017/02/06/two-face-off-in-belated-district-32b-election/

Though the Legislature has already been in session for a few weeks, the district hasn't had anyone to send. The election results for the district race were preemptively nullified in September 2016, when the Minnesota Supreme Court ruled that the district's former representative, Bob Barrett, did not actually live in the district, thus rendering his then-current re-election bid ineligible. Given the proximity to the election and the inability for ballots to be updated, state law required that the votes in the race between Republican Barrett and his Democratic challenger Laurie Warner be nullified.

It's wrong to say a mission was a failure because it glazes over anyone that died? So if anyone is ever killed, an operation is automatically a success! Got it. Flawless logic.
"Easy D" sounds vaguely sexual to me, I don't know.
It's not just you. Though easyd.com is not available, you could register easyd.me on godaddy for just $1, right now!

Slacker

The country may be doomed, but Twitter has never been funnier:

----------------

OhNoSheTwitnt ‏@OhNoSheTwitnt

GOP rapper names
Trump: Easy D
DeVos: Betsy Rick Ross
Spicer: Spice Cube
Sessions: The Notorious B.I.G.O.T.
Bannon: Bloatface Hitlah

Fedelias

Gorusch isn't dumb, he hasn't been blind to what Trump has been for the past ~year and a half. I'm sure he doesn't care so long as he can get on the court, where he'll be independent from Trump anyway.

The mental gymnastics Tim Scott (speaking on the senate floor) is playing in his mind to accept Jeff Sessions is mindboggling. It's like he's talking about an entirely different person because he wants Sessions to be that person.

Now he's just reading his twitter feed responses with Uncle Tom tweets.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I think you'll find most federal court judges will probably not tolerate attacks on the judiciary from the executive. In fact, the more conservative the better, when it comes to this specific issue.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The country may be doomed, but Twitter has never been funnier:

----------------

OhNoSheTwitnt ‏@OhNoSheTwitnt

GOP rapper names
Trump: Easy D
DeVos: Betsy Rick Ross
Spicer: Spice Cube
Sessions: The Notorious B.I.G.O.T.
Bannon: Bloatface Hitlah
Holy shit at Sessions and Bannon 😂

Pokemon XY professor: "I never had the 'don't commit genocide' talk with my student and I'm sorry about that, but you know, he may be right about needing to exterminate the takers, his timing was just bad."

??????????????????????????????????????????

This game is fucked up.

Nordicus

Just realized. It is 2017, and the phrase "Arnold Schwarzenegger would have been more presidential than ________" is not something I simply chuckle at.

Pokemon XY professor: "I never had the 'don't commit genocide' talk with my student and I'm sorry about that, but you know, he may be right about needing to exterminate the takers, his timing was just bad."

??????????????????????????????????????????

This game is fucked up.
Yeah, the fact that everyone is just kind of cool with Lysandre's genocide is pretty weird.

The Democratic Party has lost its mind — and its soul
Sorry guys I wouldn't usually link the NY post but some of the language in it is, well - just see for yourself
History was made Tuesday when Vice President Mike Pence cast the tie-breaking vote in the Senate to confirm Betsy DeVos as secretary of education.

But the necessity of Pence’s vote reflected another kind of history, too: The decision by all Senate Democrats to reject DeVos marked a new low for the flailing party.

Democrats claim to stand for the poor, immigrants and nonwhites. Yet given a chance to actually support someone who is dedicated to improving education for all America’s children, especially those trapped in failing urban schools, the Dems said no, hell no.
Joined by two Republicans, they stood in the schoolhouse door to block vital change, casting their lot with teachers unions that fear reform the way a vampire fears garlic.

Throw away all the subtexts and subterfuge, a defense of the rotten status quo is the only explanation for the bid to block DeVos. The teachers unions pulled the strings, and the political puppets danced to their masters’ tune.

DeVos survived because President Trump is determined to deliver a government that shatters the insiders’ perks and privilege and opens the door to new ways of doing things. In education, that means giving more parents the power of school choice and taking power away from the union establishment.
The madness was on full display Monday night when Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer boasted in a tweet from outside the Capitol that “While the GOP is pushing a vote on Betsy DeVos, the people are rallying outside. We’re with them.”

Think of that: The Democrats’ leader walks out on his job to play the role of a man of the people in a staged demonstration. This is a party that has lost its mind, as well as its soul.
That is some caustically written propaganda! Rising blood pressure: the editorial

studyguy

The Democratic Party has lost its mind — and its soul
Sorry guys I wouldn't usually link the NY post but some of the language in it is, well - just see for yourself

That is some caustically written propaganda! Rising blood pressure: the editorial

DEMOCRATS GONE WILD, TED CRUZ REPORTS ENDLESS COWBELLS BEING RUNG BY THE LIKES OF WARREN, SANDERS AND SCHUMER WHILE MCCONNEL TOO TRAUMAUTIZED TO COME OUT OF HIS SHELL FOR COMMENTS.

Take away teachers unions and we won't have an education system. No one is going to pursue a masters degree in education so they can make 30k a year with no healthcare, retirement, or job security.

Take away teachers unions and we won't have an education system. No one is going to pursue a masters degree in education so they can make 30k a year with no healthcare, retirement, or job security.
We better pray Booker ain't president in four years then. Hell, Kaine was pro-Right to Work also.

Is that a purity test?

The fact that even Donnelly and Heitkamp voted against Sessions (along with all Dems other than Manchin) is kind of impressive.

I know a lot of people want to primary Manchin, but I'm not sure if you can win as a non-racist in West Virginia. The state is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom