• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Olbermann is yesterday's news.

You're a lot likelier to see the Pod Save America guys effectively catalyze this into actual political gain, be it running for office or any other outcome.

Like, Jon Favreau is obscenely handsome. Got higher office written all over him.

Olbermann is yesterday's news.

You're a lot likelier to see the Pod Save America guys effectively catalyze this into actual political gain, be it running for office or any other outcome.

Like, Jon Favreau is obscenely handsome. Got higher office written all over him.

There's a difference in style between Olbermann and Pod Save America, and I would argue that Olbermann's style of posting 10 minute video rants on Twitter to be a much more effective way of disseminating your message than a podcast.

That being said, I think Olbermann's commentary is a little stale.

tbm24

9th circuit ruling coming up as CNN continues to not understand what breaking news means!

Oh apparently it's out, Trump taking that L!

jtb

Banned
There's a difference in style between Olbermann and Pod Save America, and I would argue that Olbermann's style of posting 10 minute video rants on Twitter to be a much more effective way of disseminating your message than a podcast.

That being said, I think Olbermann's commentary is a little stale.

I disagree. The soundbites were too vapid a medium to take down Bush, they didn't work in the campaign against Trump and they certainly aren't enough now.

the strength (and genius) of Pod Save America/KI1600 is its ability to catalyze those shallow talking points into activism. That's something that Colbert/Stewart/Olbermann/Oliver/etc. have never been able to do -- and, in many cases, outright shied away from doing.

Reminder: This is a decision on a preliminary judgment. This is not even close to the end. They may appeal the prelim to SCOTUS, but even if they don't the case goes back to the federal court level to be judged on the substantive merits.

Even though the court battle isn't even close to over, we can at least point to the fact that to win this battle we had to show a likelihood of prevailing on the merits. This means we're in good shape even on the substantive issues, so far.

Teggy

Damn, that decision is fire. They basically got laughed out of court.

Republicans now going off on "one unelected judge". Shameless how a party that constantly preaches about the constitution thinks they are above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom