• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maengun1

Yooo

@MeghanMcCain:
Trump has never served. My father can't bend one of his knees or lift one of his arms above his head. I am done with this today. DONE.

Meghan McCain is not someone I've ever paid attention to on a regular basis, but I did used to think of her as a rational, moderate, independent kinda person -- I guess it's the same trick her dad uses.

I'll never forget, I somehow came across a tweet from her just a few days or so before the election that was all "oh yeah.. the election is coming up huh? I'm not even watching it. We're screwed either way! They're both equally awful!!!" typical crap and I was stunned? Like I allllllllmost get John putting up with Trump's crap because he is a sitting politician (it's still wrong and gross, but I GET it more) but her?? "The man who routinely shits on my war hero father and the woman who has treated him with nothing but friendship and respect are equally bad LOL!"

It's one thing if you like ~ just can't ~ bring yourself to support Hillary for policy reasons or just even image reasons, whatever. But to actually pull that equally bad shit? You had the option to keep her name outta your mouth. Meghan became a garbage person in my eyes instantaneously.

I don't feel bad for the McCains at all tbh. Not while they're still rubber stamping every thing Donny does and then turning around all "omg he's mean and bad :-("

Holmes

1) In truth the ninth circuit could use a shrinking due to its massive size relative to other ones, and it's only getting bigger. The workload the judges face is just not feasible. On the other hand I like being in the court of appeals with the most clout.

2) Christ does Trump just stop everything he's doing when he feels the need to tweet and just do it? Or is he even doing anything important? Or stopping something important in order to tweet? Either way it's really sad.

Not to downplay the importance of the court action (obviously it's super important) but I posted about this earlier and no one commented, but now I'm not on mobile so here's the Perez quote:

"We heard loudly and clearly yesterday from Bernie supporters that the process was rigged, and it was. And you've got to be honest about it,"

He backpedaled on that really fast on Twitter and said he misspoke and meant to say that it's important that there's no appearance of having the thumb on the scale but uh, I feel like if they go with him as DNC chair things aren't going to go super well.

Lol see you in court
Like stealing his slogan from Reagan, he has to plunder what the ACLU told him.

Is Trump the first non-fictional person to unironically use the phrase "I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT!"?
14956479_10153872099556813_2327618882525246716_n.png

I guess it says 'we'll' instead of 'I'll'

sphagnum

Banned
Not to downplay the importance of the court action (obviously it's super important) but I posted about this earlier and no one commented, but now I'm not on mobile so here's the Perez quote:

He backpedaled on that really fast on Twitter and said he misspoke and meant to say that it's important that there's no appearance of having the thumb on the scale but uh, I feel like if they go with him as DNC chair things aren't going to go super well.

Joy Reid has an entire thread on twitter calling out Perez for this remark.

Its been awhile since I have seen a good dragging.

#imstillwithher

i think i've learned more about the circuit court of appeals in the past 3 years than I did in any american history/civics classes, so thanks republicans for writing stupid shitty laws and thanks to the wonderful people who challenge them.

Now that Bannon and Miller have served up this humiliating defeat for Trump, who is going to write the SOTU (I know it's not technically called that for this year, mmkay) for 2017?

What are the chances Gorsuch votes against the travel ban? I would set my alarm for 3:00 AM to see Trumps twitter meltdown.
Dems have more reason than ever to block his nomination, to keep the court 4/4, where a tie would keep the ban on the ban in effect.

Republicans also have more reason than ever to go nuclear to push him through.

Wilsongt

Hillary Clinton Verified account
‏@HillaryClinton

3-0

Fucking savage.

WA Attorney General Verified account
‏@AGOWA

DENIED. UNANIMOUS. PER CURIUM.

Fucking brutal

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Blumenthal needs to chill. I have a strong feeling Gorsuch just said what he said to he can be confirmed. Any one with half a brain would do the exact same thing.

Democrats are about to be played again by the Republicans. Gorsuch is going out of his way to make his statements public.

rec0ded1

Blumenthal needs to chill. I have a strong feeling Gorsuch just said what he said to he can be confirmed. Any one with half a brain would do the exact same thing.

I have a feeling Democrats are about to be played again by the Republicans. Gorsuch is going out of his way to make his statements public.

That's how I feel about it too.

Tall4Life

I don't get something. How often do you get to appeal? Wouldn't all cases go to the Supreme Court eventually.

You can only appeal if you feel that a procedural mistake was made in the proceeding/ruling, so courts can look at your appeal case and say nope everything looks good here.

He's getting confirmed regardless.
Unless he secretly has 5 child brides who've had 25 abortions between them and also smokes meth while riding bad hombre cock.

Actually even then.

Vestal

I truly don't see how this country can take another 3.8 years of this. This administration has been pure amateur hour(THANKFULLY), they cannot for the life of them stay on message for 1 single day without someone fucking up.

It has been miss step after miss step. We are already almost a third of the way into the first 100 days, and no real BIG legislative action has even been discussed. The attempts they have made to even discuss the ACA in public has been met with severe backlash and contempt.

I think it is only a matter of time before the moderates start smelling blood in the water, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what Priebus is banking on.. Waiting for the right moment to truly reign in control of the White House. If they truly do take this all the way to the SCOTUS and get eviscerated, I think we will see a big change in policy coming from the WH, with Bannon probably getting the boot for the failure and Priebus gaining complete control of the agenda going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom