• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
A glimpse into the future if you don't get your shit together.
I have half a mind to believe that Trudeau's entire trip was a marketing scheme inceptioned by Ivanka's book publisher. Get some nice photos of her sitting with Trudeau pretending to promote policies that neither the White House nor the Congress have any interest in moving on. This was personal PR for her.

Everyone should start watching the Late Show with Stephen Colbert if you haven't been already.

His monologues have gotten a million times better since Trump's inauguration. Honestly I don't think I ever remember Colbert being this consistently funny since the Bush administration ended. It's really been night and day.

The interviews though, they need some work. He needs to start booking more academics like he did on the Report.

They're just gonna write this off by saying Yates was partisan for the Democrats.

More A+++ reporting from WaPo:

Staffers buzz privately about who is up and who is down, with many eagerly gossiping about which poor colleague gets an unflattering portrayal on NBC's ”Saturday Night Live." For the past two weeks straight, it has been White House press secretary Sean Spicer. But aides said Trump himself was especially upset by a sketch that cast White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon as the Grim Reaper manipulating the president — who was ultimately relegated to a miniature desk, playing dolefully with an expandable toy.

Mnuchin is probably Trump's best appointment but he was the purest pay to play appointment in decades.

We just going to ignore the one that said literally;

"I have decided, however, to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence,” DeVos told the New Yorker in November. “Now I simply concede the point. They are right... We expect a return on our investment.”

Went to the Phil Murphy (next NJ governor) town hall in Trenton today. He is a pretty good politician for someone who has never held political office, he worked the room well.

Needs to do something about that hair though.

I think there are like 12 Senate Republicans who said "of course we're not going to pass that 2015 repeal bill, it would be suicidal."

No one is even in the same book, let alone being on the same page.

Okay, so what's up with the headbanging pigeon sticker getting spammed on all the comments on FB pages like Occupy Democrats the last few days? Is it some dumb new alt right meme?

Obamacare isn't going to be repealed.

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/831321741368623104

They might never even get a vote on it.

So now they have literally 0 policy ideas. Because last I checked every single Republican was chanting Repeal and Replace throughout their entire campaign, and outside of that they ran on vague Republican staples like "less regulation" and "lower taxes". So realistically, they have nothing other than a bunch of regressive social policies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So now they have literally 0 policy ideas. Because last I checked every single Republican was chanting Repeal and Replace throughout their entire campaign, and outside of that they ran on vague Republican staples like "less regulation" and "lower taxes". So realistically, they have nothing other than a bunch of regressive social policies.

but they can finally accomplish the part of their agenda that they actually have plans for -- voter suppression and getting rid of people's rights

Teggy

I took a nap for like an hour and everything is blowing up.

Also, someone managed to dig up Stephen Miller's high school student class president campaign speech on video. Crazy what can be found these days.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man ive never been so obsessed or involved in politics. Half my time at work is reading what new crazy shit is going on. I saw a quote the other day that described it best. Basically when actually living in a free and safe democracy it means you dont have to pay attention to it. Its a carefree existence and can enjoy life. But now its like you have an abusive parent that will randomly beat you every other night. This cant last for 4 years. I mean it just cant.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It sounds like trump is going back to florida this weekend too!

Lets see:$3million per trip ×3 trips = $9 millions dollars = no GOP outrage

Obama India trip. India trip $400 k = GOP outage

0v51cP5.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
Flynn is gone!

IMO this isnt good. Resigning is basically like the least possible resistance. It was his choice, does not necessarily mean any wrong doing, just pressure forced him out. Story needs to be pursued to implicate others or else in a few days this will be nothing.

We seriously need a scandal tracker....I'm already losing count

Week 1- Crowd sizes, voter fraud lies

Week 2- Fucking up on the world stage, Trying to ban Muslims, Trying to sell his daughter's junk

Week 3- Resigning NatSec advisor due to Russia ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom