• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zereta

Watch how Flynn resignation does nothing to further investigation into Trump-Russia ties and Comey-idiocy-foul play stuff.

Politics in America is fucked.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Someone leaked the text of his resignation letter before the administration announced his resignation. Who needs Kellyanne on CNN when you're getting leaks like these?

IMO this isnt good. Resigning is basically like the least possible resistance. It was his choice, does not necessarily mean any wrong doing, just pressure forced him out. Story needs to be pursued to implicate others or else in a few days this will be nothing.

I don't think Nixon resigning particularly helped his party out all that much. Resigning or getting fired, either way people assume you did it.

We seriously need a scandal tracker....I'm already losing count

Week 1- Crowd sizes, voter fraud lies

Week 2- Fucking up on the world stage, Trying to ban Muslims, Trying to sell his daughter's junk

Week 3- Resigning NatSec advisor due to Russia ties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Republican_party_scandals

Betrayus would just be awesome, *drinks gasoline*

But genuinely great to see Flynn gone, especially since he's such a loon that he will be out for revenge against Trump and will be spilling secrets in like three months.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't there already a nationwide injunction? Why was this needed?
I assume any 4-4 tie at the SC only applies to the 9th district when it reverts to their ruling. It wouldn't set precedent for other districts I think. Not sure though others could chime in.

sangreal

the logan act is toothless, he isn't getting charged with anything (now that he is gone)

with comey and sessions running law enforcement it was never going to be more than a slap on the wrist anyway. Getting him out of the white house is a victory, the guy is dangerous

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't think they'll charge him, I think they'll look at him very intensely, and continue to investigate who he has been in contact with.

BTW Flynn was VP candidate, probably favored by Trump. He became an advisor to Trump a month before Manafort joined.

Can you imagine if Flynn had become VP? One heartstroke away from POTUS.

IMO this isnt good. Resigning is basically like the least possible resistance. It was his choice, does not necessarily mean any wrong doing, just pressure forced him out. Story needs to be pursued to implicate others or else in a few days this will be nothing.
Investigations in the senate and house, featuring multiple Trump critics (Rubio, Peter King). This isn't disappearing anytime soon. And if there's evidence Trump told Flynn to call the Kremlin? Well...

Teggy

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Investigations in the senate and house, featuring multiple Trump critics (Rubio, Peter King). This isn't disappearing anytime soon. And if there's evidence Trump told Flynn to call the Kremlin? Well...

Yeah I could see Rubio, since he's still young and has a long career ahead, go after this guy, since he won't have the WH breathing down his neck to cut it off. It's a good way to distinguish himself, show he has teeth and what not, good enough for his reputation.

He became a Russian agent because of a feud with CIA people. The feud started when the CIA said that Flynn was hard to work with and kind of annoying.

He needs very little motivation.

We don't know if it didn't start before that. My guess he was in favor of an alliance with Russia before that, and he went down the rabbit hole.

Little by little this administration will deal with scandal after scandal until his entire first year is gone with absolutely nothing accomplished

The only people I'm worried about are the Dreamers because once Trump realizes he can't accomplish anything and his presidency is a failure he will lose his mind

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can they even repeal the Medicaid expansion via reconciliation?

No, pretty sure that'd violate the Byrd Rule among other things. If it were possible Social Security would have died in 2005.

The GOP right now is what would happen if the Joker ever caught Batman. Sure Joker would want to kill him, but then he wouldn't have anyone to play with. So all he can do is keep him there until he breaks out and captures him.

sangreal

when your spin is that he was too stupid to remember what he did instead of willfully lying it's time to give it up

you hired someone everyone knew was a problem and he turned out to be a problem. Best Cabinet

This isn't the end of the Russia ties though

The National Security Advisor to the President of the United States was just fired because he was national security risk.
A risk that the Trump administration knew about since January. Lied about it to the American public and only took action shortly after WaPo broke the story.

Fucking hell...

Gruco

Banned
The National Security Advisor to the President of the United States just fired because he was national security risk.
A risk that the Trump administration knew about since January.

Fucking hell...
Trump hires the best people. Very smart people. He ran a fantastic business and has a very good brain.

So much winning. I don't know how much more winning I can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom