• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

He wouldn't resign if they're was nothing going on.

Honestly i'm surprised he resigned even if there is something going on. This is the president who blatantly refused to divest and brushed it off with "lol."

I guess it's like Patton Oswalt said, Trump's teflon umbrella covers himself (and sometimes his kids).

Is Michael Flynn going to prison? Up in the air, but a higher probability now.

WASHINGTON — F.B.I. agents interviewed Michael T. Flynn when he was national security adviser in the first days of the Trump administration about his conversations with the Russian ambassador, current and former officials said on Tuesday.

The interview raises the stakes of what so far has been a political scandal that cost Mr. Flynn his job. If he was not entirely honest with the F.B.I., it could expose Mr. Flynn to a felony charge. President Trump asked for Mr. Flynn's resignation on Monday night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=1

chadskin

Lmao. Conway claims someone hacked into her account to retweet a white nationalist:

sub-buzz-4593-1487100244-1.png

Conway told BuzzFeed News on Tuesday, “I don’t know who had access to my account.”

“Let me see who tweeted that,” she said. “That’s terrible.”

Conway said she had “obviously” never heard of Lib Hypocrisy.

“I denounce whoever it is,” she said. “It will be immediately deleted. Everybody makes mistakes.”

After the conversation, Conway deleted the tweet.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...onalist-twitte?utm_term=.hiQaBpo79#.bn28W5keP

I wonder if the GOP is any closer to considering impeaching Trump and replacing him with Pence. If Flynn gets a deal he'll probably end up implicating Trump and maybe that'd be enough for them to impeach him and put Pence in place.

I gotta say that two weeks ago I was telling myself Trump's going to get his 4 years no matter what happens, but now I do not think it is happening. The Republican party cannot possibly put up with this for 4 years, especially if it ends up having any impact on them in 2018.

Whether the GOP impeaches Trump or not, his presidency will damage them. They're kind of stuck.

- Don't impeach him over something clearly illegal and have a mess on your hands
- Impeach him, and he becomes a martyr and potentially permanently lose young conservatives and people who only voted to "drain the swamp"

jtb

Banned
Even Trump doesn't bother using that excuse when he retweets racist Twitter eggs.

It's so pathetically obvious that Conway has no access and no power. The "let's all close our eyes and ignore Trump" activist argument is a dumb one, but I'm all for not giving any more attention to Conway.

I really hope Pence gets implicated in this Russia disaster too. Paul Ryan as president would be a massive failure and basically taint the establishment as a fail too.

The 19 Senators who voted no on McMahon:

Baldwin
Booker
Brown
Durbin
Gillibrand
Harris
Heinrich
Markey
Merkley
Murray
Reed
Sanders
Schatz
Schumer
Udall
Van Hollen
Warren
Whitehouse
Wyden

Hilariously, both Blumenthal and Murphy were Yays.

Does anybody even care about McMahon or the Small Business Administration? Does anyone even know who the last Administrator of the Small Business Administration even was? Her confirmation hearing was basically a joke that showed there would be little push back

Does anybody even care about McMahon or the Small Business Administration? Does anyone even know who the last Administrator of the Small Business Administration even was? Her confirmation hearing was basically a joke that showed there would be little push back

This. Same with Carson. Education Secretary impact is also overblown.

The amount of energy that went into DeVos blocking would have also been better spent on blocking Tom Price or Steve Munchin.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Not even fucking surprised. At least they are honest.

Rand Paul on Flynn: 'Makes no sense' to investigate fellow Republicans

"I think that might be excessive. It looks like the President has handled the situation, and unless there's some kind of other evidence of malfeasance, this sounds like something that was internal White House politics and it looks like the President's handled it," Paul told the "Kilmeade and Friends" radio show.

"I just don't think it's useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We'll never even get started with doing the things we need to do, like repealing Obamacare, if we're spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/kfile-rand-paul-republican-investigations/index.html

Vixdean

At the end the day, the only appointments that have any real power are AG, SecDef, SecState, and Treasury. The rest are basically glorified middle management, all they do is enact WH policy.

BanGy.nz

Banned

Baldwin
Booker
Brown
Durbin
Gillibrand
Harris
Heinrich
Markey
Merkley
Murray
Reed
Sanders
Schatz
Schumer
Udall
Van Hollen
Warren
Whitehouse
Wyden

Gillibrand keeping The Streak™ alive!

Blader

I wonder if the GOP is any closer to considering impeaching Trump and replacing him with Pence. If Flynn gets a deal he'll probably end up implicating Trump and maybe that'd be enough for them to impeach him and put Pence in place.

I gotta say that two weeks ago I was telling myself Trump's going to get his 4 years no matter what happens, but now I do not think it is happening. The Republican party cannot possibly put up with this for 4 years, especially if it ends up having any impact on them in 2018.

Flynn is a true believer. He's not bringing down Trump.

Mar-a-Lago looks nice, but it's such a small piece of property, I'd be frankly be bored there after three straight weekends.

Blumenthal and Murphy both introduced McMahon at her hearing, so them voting in favor makes sense.

The amount of energy that went into DeVos blocking would have also been better spent on blocking Tom Price or Steve Munchin.

The result was the same though: every Democrat opposed Price and every Democrat but Manchin opposed Mnuchin.

People who normally don't follow politics were fired up by the DeVos nomination. Sometimes you fight the battle that arises and not the one you planned.

Flynn is a true believer. He's not bringing down Trump.

Flynn only went batshit crazy after Obama canned him from the DIA. You can't predict what the guy will do with this.

kirblar

People who normally don't follow politics were fired up by the DeVos nomination. Sometimes you fight the battle that arises and not the one you planned.

Flynn only went batshit crazy after Obama canned him from the DIA. You can't predict what the guy will do with this.
DeVos's hearing was so bad that it made her easy to hold up as an example. Add to that the Mom+Kids factor and you have an easy tempest.

I mean, Flynn got fired because he's a loon, no?

thefro

Probably will take a Republican or two getting stomped in a special election.

Blader

DeVos' hearing was also the embarrassing, pathetic confirmation hearing performance possibly ever. She was a public laughingstock the second that footage from that hearing went out across the country, so it was easier for people to be compelled to outrage over her nomination than Price or Mnuchin, who aren't as obviously incompetent (and really aren't incompetent at all, just totally crooked).

I'd even possibly go as far as drop SecState off that list.

Depends on the president. Kerry and Hillary were powerful, influential Secretaries of State, but Bush and Trump seemingly couldn't give a shit.

Tall4Life

It's still utterly hilarious to me that one of the owners of the WWE is the head of the Small Business Adminstration, as WWE has certainly been kind to indie and smaller wrestling federations in the past and has never intentionally forced them to close

tuxfool

Banned
McCarthy-esque. Too bad he was just re-elected so there's barely any political price to be paid for such blatant and craven stupidity.

You can use it to attack other Republicans, given their lack of action on numerous of these issues.

Yeah sadly most of the party thinks the same. Next year when they are trying to save seats it will be a different story.

I wish I had the optimism to believe this but every time the republican party seems to get in line they are rewarded with more power.

There's a bit of hope in that I'd love to be shown to be wrong, but right now all I see if republicans doing EVERYTHING they accused Hillary of wanting to do, and their base thinks they are still right for doing it.

So I have started to pay attention to who he is calling on for questions and who the different members of the WH Press Corp are.

Today he called on Fox News THREE times for questions, along with the crazy at The Federalist Papers, and as far as I can tell he did not call on CNN once.

Also, my favorite journalists right now are Hallie Jackson from NBC and April Ryan of the American Urban Radio News Network. They always grill the fuck out of Spicer.
The NYT did a piece on this:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...n-spicer-white-house-press-briefing.html?_r=0

His second briefing went Lifezette? USA Today, Reuters, Breitbart, ABC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom