• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Alright everyone StudyGuy just jinxed us. Brace for impact!

Protip: Drinking hard enough makes days melt into weeks, into months, soon years.
hair.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I like Franken. Why would he be a compelling candidate?

Charismatic, strong liberal record not just on policy but as an outspoken voice, is a nonthreatening white guy

is on record supporting the NSA though so even if he comes around and condemns surveillance on the campaign trail he's still a neoliberal shill

OmniOne

Charismatic, strong liberal record not just on policy but as an outspoken voice, is a nonthreatening white guy

I've seen many interviews with him and he can get a good understated quip here and there.

I'm not sure going the celebrity angle is the right path. Democrats should aim to be the party of seriousness, not to say Franken is not serious on policy, but you can see where he would be ridiculed as just being a celebrity. I don't know I'm open to him, but so far isn't lighting any fires for me.

studyguy

It's 2017, the only fire currently to be had is Trump's dumpster fire.
Lets actually get to 2018 first while the potential list of candidates gets its shit together.

I'd like to not be historically hamstrung by the deficit dems are running on virtually every level of the federal government.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I've seen many interviews with him and he can get a good understated quip here and there.

I'm not sure going the celebrity angle is the right path. Democrats should aim to be the party of seriousness, not to say Franken is not serious on policy, but you can see where he would be ridiculed as just being a celebrity. I don't know I'm open to him, but so far isn't lighting any fires for me.
He's a sitting US Senator, and the Celebrity Apprentice guy just won. What?

Anyone doing this would rightly be laughed out of the room

Franken has become a pretty "serious" politician since 2008. Has focused pretty intently on policy, but can still throw out some humor here and there

Think he'd be a great candidate

Didn't we just elect a celebrity with no experience in government? Franken has been very disciplined in the senate and has completely changed his image. He's a serious wonk type who is also somewhat charismatic.

I don't think he'll win but I want to see a good field of good candidates, and he would certainly be one.

kirblar

Didn't we just elect a celebrity with no experience in government? Franken has been very disciplined in the senate and has completely changed his image. He's a serious wonk type who is also somewhat charismatic.

I don't think he'll win but I want to see a good field of good candidates, and he would certainly be one.
Obama getting followed up by Trump, who proceeds to get followed up by a ticket consisting of a woman and a Jewish ex-SNL writer would confuse the hell out of people 100 years from now.
MSNBC is saying the Freedom Caucus is demanding a vote to repeal Obamacare NOW
That's the morons in the house that caused Boehner to quit, right?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The Buttigieg people seem pretty confident in their hard count (and that Ellison + Perez combined are under 224), so it'll be interesting to see who's lying.

The public count from Perez is trying to tip the scale. No one has enough to win right now. Also, someone is really wrong, and I suspect it is Perez's people.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My favorite thing about today is how the news pf Flynn resigning, one of the biggest political stories in years, is not even on Fox News' front page.

Biden doesn't want a VP slot lol

Hey--he's AMERICA'S VP!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So apparently Trump unfollowed KellyAnne Conway on Twitter today. That seems to be going around Twitter right now.

Plinko

Oh wow.

In response to this tweet:

John Weaver
‏@JWGOP

This scandal is only accelerating.

Jonathan Weisman, Deputy Washington Editor of the NYT, responded with this:

Jonathan Weisman Verified account
‏@jonathanweisman

Jonathan Weisman Retweeted John Weaver

Stay tuned

Unless I'm missing it

Many on Twitter are saying he did, but who knows.

Oh wow.

In response to this tweet:

Jonathan Weisman, Deputy Washington Editor of the NYT, responded with this:

Many on Twitter are saying he did, but who knows.

I tend to be skeptical of Never Trump GOPers saying "something big is coming" but given that we have a deputy NYT editor retweeting it and, you know, all the other signs that this is something, well, maybe this is something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom