• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Lmao. Conway claims someone hacked into her account to retweet a white nationalist:

sub-buzz-4593-1487100244-1.png

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...onalist-twitte?utm_term=.hiQaBpo79#.bn28W5keP

That is a terrible excuse.

It is basically saying "my social media account is not secure as my password has been compromised and I didn't have 2 factor authentication enabled, potentially giving hackers access to other sensitive information". On top of all the Russian hacking, Russian collusion, and "Hillary emails!!!" that's a worse look than just saying "I wasn't paying attention and made a mistake".

There is so much (accidental and purposeful) wrong doing and chaos they are getting trapped in their own framework of criticism and blame shifting.

studyguy

I thought the image was supposed to be some weird backwards satire on how conservatives were painting themselves as victims when I first saw it, but it's serious so I don't know how one reacts to that level of mindfuck now so...

tuxfool

Banned
Cool

BRUSSELS — Already concerned by the Trump administration's erratic approach to the trans-Atlantic alliance, European security services have been shaken by the resignation of US national security adviser Michael Flynn over allegations he lied about his contacts with Russian diplomats, amid increasing concern that the new US administration is pursuing an uncomfortably close relationship with NATO's foremost rival, Russia.
Flynn's resignation Monday night immediately sent European officials into a frenzy of attempting to determine what the change of the president's top national security adviser would mean as the Atlantic alliance has already been struggling with understanding how the new president will approach a litany of complex European situations from the expansion of NATO to the war against ISIS to concerns about an expansionist Russia.

”I was hoping you could tell me what the fuck is going on over there," said one European Union intelligence official who, like the other officials contacted, declined to speak about such a diplomatically sensitive situation on the record.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mitchproth...-on-w?bftwnews&utm_term=.xd12RWbax#.bfzD5Y8LG

Ellison probably feels like he's "owed" the position, due to all the support.

The head of the DNC doesn't work like that, though. It's not really meant to be a politically motivated role, at least in the sense that the most endorsed gets it.

This feels like it'll end well.

"With many strong candidates in the race, we believe that DNC members deserve the respect to make this hard decision without unverifiable public whip counts designed to put a finger on the scale," said Jamie Long, Ellison's campaign manager. "We have by far the most public support in the race, including dozens of state party chairs and vice chairs, five complete state delegations, and numerous elected officials who serve on the DNC. Most of our supporters prefer to remain private and we respect that. We will not be releasing our full whip count, but we are on track to win next week and we are confident that we will."

I guess we'll see what happens when it comes to vote in two weeks.

HMM.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamAlFranken/posts/10158334148050492

Team Franken,

Ten years ago today, we launched my first campaign for the Senate. It's been a big ten years for us. We've won some important victories. For LGBTQ equality. Net neutrality. Healthcare.

But suffice to say, given current events, we still have a lot of challenges ahead.

It's a real privilege to represent Minnesota in the Senate. And whether you've been here from the beginning or you've just joined, I'm sincerely grateful for all you've done.

And get ready. There is much, much more to do here.

He's running in 2020!
W0iYJn1.jpg

In this hilarious political satire, Al Franken reveals how, by focusing relentlessly on the issue of ATM fees, he managed to wrest the Democratic presidential nomination away from Vice President Al Gore in the 2000 elections and become the 44th president of the United States. He then wound up running the second-shortest administration in American history, announcing in his resignation speech: "It is my fondest wish that, in the fullness of time, the American people will look back on the Franken presidency as something of a mixed bag and not as a complete disaster."

studyguy

It's pretty difficult to be much more of a disaster than 2017's administration currently is. I'm banking that a second term of Trump could beat it though. Lets hope we never find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom