• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, it'd be a massive uphill battle.

If he did run and if I still live in Indiana by 2020 (which hopefully isn't the case), I would spend like all my free time volunteering for him.

It'd be an uphill battle for sure, but if there's nationwide backlash against Republicans it'd be easy to see the opportunity.

I think he's probably the best candidate the Indiana Democratic Party could think of and if you don't take the shot you'll never make it. He's young enough that even one loss wouldn't end his career.

kirblar

It'd be an uphill battle for sure, but if there's nationwide backlash against Republicans it'd be easy to see the opportunity.

I think he's probably the best candidate the Indiana Democratic Party could think of and if you don't take the shot you'll never make it. He's young enough that even one loss wouldn't end his career.
'18 and '20 should be good for Dems barring some freak event happening.

A true hero.

nHO8kRCl.jpg

mo60

indiana has gone through various shades of red or even blue in the last decade or two. i wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a swing state again in the next election or in future elections with a great democratic candidate.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
'18 and '20 should be good for Dems barring some freak event happening.

'18 basically has to be what '10 was for republicans in order to be good. I'll accept no less than either senate or house control, with House maybe being more likely despite gerrymandering.

kirblar

'18 basically has to be what '10 was for republicans in order to be good. I'll accept no less than either senate or house control, with House maybe being more likely despite gerrymandering.
Get a big enough wave and Gerrymandering quickly creates a landslide due to the shallow margins.

Three Russian military actions of note in recent days:

Russia secretly launched a cruise missile today that would be capable of threatening NATO's European members. This move breaches its responsibility to the INF arms treaty that keeps it from possessing, producing, or flight-testing a ground-launched cruise missile with range capabilities of 500 to 5000 kilometers.

A Russian spy ship was spotted off the coast of Delaware, this morning, per Fox News. The ship remained in international waters, not in U.S. territory, and similar Russian activity has been detected in years past.

The Pentagon reports Russian aircraft flew within 100 yards above the American destroyer USS Porter in the Black Sea on three separate occasions Friday, per ABC News. (A Russian Defense Ministry spokesman claims there was no such flyby). The Pentagon claims the flybys were "unsafe and unprofessional." This would have taken place the same day that Putin invited Trump to a meeting in Slovenia.

CANT BELIEVE THE WEAKNESS OF PRESIDENT OBA..

Oh wait.

royalan

The Ellison vs. Perez nonsense is just the latest round of "This shouldn't be a fucking thing, but it is" that Democrats don't seem prepared to mitigate.

DNC Chair shouldn't be a thing, it's a behind-the-scenes job and pretty much all the candidates are promising to do the same fucking thing, more or less.

However, we can say that until we're blue in the face, but the second Bernie opened his mouth, it became a thing whether we like it or not. Anyone but Ellison gets it, and it's going to be drama.

"Who cares? bla bla bla..." whatever, but it is what it is. Strap in, folks.

Although now I'm actually leaning towards Perez. Did not like that "we have the support of the people" response from Ellison. Was a clear threat.

Polls close in Minnesota House District 32B in a minute. Trump won this district but it could be close.
I'd be surprised - it went for him overwhelmingly iirc.

The special election is funny because they found out the incumbent rep had lied about his residency, and it was too late to hold a regular election with a new candidate, so they just pushed it off to a special.

BiggNife

The Ellison vs. Perez nonsense is just the latest round of "This shouldn't be a fucking thing, but it is" that Democrats don't seem prepared to mitigate.

DNC Chair shouldn't be a thing, it's a behind-the-scenes job and pretty much all the candidates are promising to do the same fucking thing, more or less.

However, we can say that until we're blue in the face, but the second Bernie opened his mouth, it became a thing whether we like it or not. Anyone but Ellison gets it, and it's going to be drama.

Although now I'm actually leaning towards Perez. Did not like that "we have the support of the people" response from Ellison. Was a clear threat.
Yeah, both Perez and Ellison are promising their own version of the 50 State Plan so I don't really care personally which won wins, but it's very clear that Bernie Bros are going to turn this into A Thing if Ellison loses. We'll see I guess.

It should be a behind the scenes job but it has been managed so fucking horribly people are going to be hyper sensitive now about who fills the role. Had they just had someone competent do the job full time these past eight years, who knows where we are or what's different

It's a stupid problem but the dnc made it into one. I tend to be on the side of, both Perez and Ellison will probably do infinitely better than what has been done before, but just give it to Ellison to keep the base happy and a good way of saying "we fucked up and we are now moving in a new direction and going forward with new ideas"

So, what's Greenwald's take going to be?

"Stop being paranoid about Russia"

"Why are they intercepting calls in the first place?"

"This is just a distraction from the REAL story"

"The intelligence community is out to get Trump"

sphagnum

Banned

He'll just say that until there is hard evidence of collusion, the media should not be feeding anti-Russian sentiment. He actually praised the Flynn leakers while turning it into a "both sides" story since there are Dems who are fine with other leakers like Manning being in jail.

Edit: and yeah the above. He doesn't like that the IC is being sent as heroes/saviors by the left and wants Anti-Trump resistance to come from pretty much just the streets.

kirblar

I remember a lot of speculation, especially around Manafort, but I don't know if there was ever any definite proof like phone records.
It was blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention but you couldn't "prove" it.

Obama has to take blame for sitting on this shit as well.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It was blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention but you couldn't "prove" it.

Obama thought Clinton was gonna win. If he had the shot to go back in time he will probably fix this and making fun of Trump at the correspondents dinner.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Obama, sneaky loveable man, unleashed that 'hey yo guys before i go you all can share classified recordings amongst yourselves now'....which got a lot of shit for privacy issues but i knew instantly it was the last ditch effort for agencies that werent compromised to get the info they needed to keep the investigation going. Im sure that will be in the Oscar winning film.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I miss the Obama/Biden weekly address. It was always so uplifting hearing obama talk about new common sense rules on the airline industries, or of the successes NASA or the National Cancer Institute is having.

Trump's is just his usual jobs and terrorism speech, except way more awkward without the applause breaks. Really sounds like a kid reading his paper in front of the class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am1DfjmGcvc

Tall4Life

"The intelligence community is out to get Trump"

UNELECTED BUREAUCRATS TRYING TO UNDERMINE OUR AMERICAN DEMOCRACY

Breads

Banned

You're making a lot of assumptions about what Obama did and didn't do, when the investigations took place, and how long conclusive evidence beyond speculation has been shared/ known.

What is it you're trying to pin on Obama exactly?

kirblar

You're making a lot of assumptions about what Obama did and didn't do, when the investigations took place, and how long conclusive evidence beyond speculation has been shared/ known.

What is it you're trying to pin on Obama exactly?
He decided to cosplay Uatu during the election cycle, both in the primary, and in the general, and it was one of the factors that blew the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom