• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dierce

Will anything come of this new leak? 90% of republican voters, at the very least, don't care if they vote for death itself as long as it claims to be republican facing a liberal alternative. They have no morals or conscience.

cant believe this was an actual NYT headline before the election:
EEJxUKr.jpg

disgraceful

also:
@jeneps: One Trump associate on the intercepted calls was (no surprise) Paul Manafort. Officials wouldn't tell the Times who the others were.
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/831689955567104000

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
These motherfuckers, in the hindsight of history, are all going to be known to be traitors. Regardless of what happens the next few years, even if Trump makes it through his term, history will bear out the truth.

And I'll be right there, smug ass smirk on my face, to happily tell Trump voters I know, "I told you so."

royalan

You're making a lot of assumptions about what Obama did and didn't do, when the investigations took place, and how long conclusive evidence beyond speculation has been shared/ known.

What is it you're trying to pin on Obama exactly?

Ummm....not being more transparent with the American people about what was going on, Russia's meddling in our election, and their numerous ties to Trump AND his campaign?

Obama doesn't get let off the hook for this because we like him. A lot of what we're learning now was known by the Obama administration for months before the election, but he let Mitch McConnell bully him into not making it public.

BiggNife

Will anything come of this new leak? 90% of republican voters, at the very least, don't care if they vote for death itself as long as it claims to be republican facing a liberal alternative. They have no morals or conscience.

I mean, if Trump gets impeached they'll still have Pence as prez which is a win for them. Maybe even moreso because he'd probably play along with the other branches, unlike trump.

I'll still take Pence over Trump.

Teggy

That Fox screenshot is just sad. But it makes clear that there is a portion of the population that is completely walled off from reality because some Australian guy wants it that way.

Diablos

Bernie wouldn't have won.

And marching Tim kaine out there because of Virginia and being fluent in Spanish, thinking that would sway Hispanic voters was laughable

The future of the Democratic Party is squarely in the hands of minority representation in the highest office in the land. Quote me up, whatever you wanna do. If dems want a guaranteed victory in 2020, there better be a viable minority candidate securing the nomination
Not so sure about Bernie losing.

He would have got the rust belt I think. He wasn't gonna win FL and NC but Hillary didn't either, but if he got PA, WI and MI it wouldn't have mattered at all.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My prediction from a month ago that the silver lining of Trump's election would be journalism in the U.S. returning to former glory seems to be actually reasonable.

That Fox screenshot is just sad. But it makes clear that there is a portion of the population that is completely walled off from reality because they want it that way.

Fixed. Back in the campaign whenever Fox would question Trump these dead enders decided that they had been co-opted and that only Breitbart, daily caller, etc were 'honest' any more. Murdoch may have helped create this but the modern right will not accept information they don't want from anyone.

I'm fine if Trump isn't forcibly removed. Like I said earlier, the stench of scandals will destroy this presidency without an impeachment actually having to start.And not only him, but the republicans who sit by and do nothing will be get caught in the crossfire

Republicans on Twitter angrily yelling about how the FBI intervening in the election to swing it from Hillary+5 to Hillary+2 is just, umm, irrelevant because, uhh, Hillary is bad, yeah, that's it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
An impeachment, resignation, whatever is the fantasy. I want to see it, but you can't lose sleep over it.

The real thing we should be fighting for is 2018. If Dems retake the House, they can and will begin impeachment proceedings.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love for trump to be removed so I can stop being terrified of his response to an actual economic or foriegn policy crisis.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
An impeachment, resignation, whatever is the fantasy. I want to see it, but you can't lose sleep over it.

The real thing we should be fighting for is 2018. If Dems retake the House, they can and will begin impeachment proceedings.

Democrats need to run on this for years. I mean, an entire party just cheated and colludes with another country to influence an election.

Not so sure about Bernie losing.

He would have got the rust belt I think. He wasn't gonna win FL and NC but Hillary didn't either, but if he got PA, WI and MI it wouldn't have mattered at all.

Bernie could only give them populism.

Trump gave them the populism and racism.

Ummm....not being more transparent with the American people about what was going on, Russia's meddling in our election, and their numerous ties to Trump AND his campaign?

Obama doesn't get let off the hook for this because we like him. A lot of what we're learning now was known by the Obama administration for months before the election, but he let Mitch McConnell bully him into not making it public.

Can we not do this. Leave the "emasculate Obama" shit to white conservatives. And Bill Maher.

I seem to remember a live televised debate in which both candidates and the moderator debated and discussed the blatant Russian meddling. I remember a Time magazine cover about Putin's interference. Multiple "breaking news" articles, culminating in Manafort being sacked. And she still lost.

Obama decided not to appear as if he was interfering in the election. There have been reports that Russian planned a propaganda exercise after Hillary's assumed win, questioning the legitimacy of her victory. I'm not going to fault the WH for assuming she had it in the fucking bag and deciding not to play into Putin's hands.

Can we not do this. Leave the "emasculate Obama" shit to white conservatives. And Bill Maher.

I seem to remember a live televised debate in which both candidates and the moderator debated and discussed the blatant Russian meddling. I remember a Time magazine cover about Putin's interference. Multiple "breaking news" articles, culminating in Manafort being sacked. And she still lost.

Obama decided not to appear as if he was interfering in the election. There have been reports that Russian planned a propaganda exercise after Hillary's assumed win, questioning the legitimacy of her victory. I'm not going to fault the WH for assuming she had it in the fucking bag and deciding not to play into Putin's hands.

I don't think that Putin needs to brainwash Russians more about thinking Hillary Clinton is bad.

Plinko

Who is this moron GOP rep on CNN saying liberals are "degrading our country" and "working with the enemy?" That's exactly what Trump's campaign did!

Edit: It's Jack Kingston, and the CNN host is crushing him.

Edit 2: and now he's blaming Obama. Yeah, OK.

tbm24

Who is this moron GOP rep on CNN saying liberals are "degrading our country" and "working with the enemy?" That's exactly what Trump's campaign did!

Edit: It's Jack Kingston, and the CNN host is crushing him.

Edit 2: and now he's blaming Obama. Yeah, OK.

Quite frankly anyone in the GOP who goes on air about this will either join the chorus of more investigations are needed or they will deflect on democrats and keep pretending Obama, Hillary, and democrats do not about America and only care about winning elections. The irony of that fantastic as well.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hillary better stay out of this. If she starts giving interviews, or even tweets about this, it's going to do more harm than good.

So, bad news:

Special election in Minnesota House 32B went to the Republican. We lost 53.22/46.73, or 462 votes. Sucks.

Good news:

Hillary lost this district 60/40.

So... I'm cool with a protest this weekend! It's going to be 20 degrees above normal in the eastern 2/3rds of the country. Freaking 60 in Chicago. In mid-February. 55 in Minneapolis. Think we can get this running on short notice?
This gives democrats permission to filibuster the fuck out of gorsuch. "We respect judge gorsuch, but won't entertain any pick from a president who cheated his way into the White House colliding with foreign governments to undermine our institutions and constitution."
I was previously having a hard time justifying an indefinite block on SCOTUS, but this is some entirely legit rationale now.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This gives democrats permission to filibuster the fuck out of gorsuch. "We respect judge gorsuch, but won't entertain any pick from a president who cheated his way into the White House colluding with foreign governments to undermine our institutions and constitution."

Edit:
Colluding. Not colliding *draws Feynman diagram of Trump*

So... I'm cool with a protest this weekend! It's going to be 20 degrees above normal in the eastern 2/3rds of the country. Freaking 60 in Chicago. In mid-February. 55 in Minneapolis. Think we can get this running on short notice?I was previously having a hard time justifying an indefinite block on SCOTUS, but this is some entirely legit rationale now.
I went to Chicago last month to visit some friends and after it got hyped as "way colder than you're used to" it was like consistently 30 degrees warmer than where I live. I'm not sure if this is a normal phenomenon.

This gives democrats permission to filibuster the fuck out of gorsuch. "We respect judge gorsuch, but won't entertain any pick from a president who cheated his way into the White House colliding with foreign governments to undermine our institutions and constitution."

This was what I was thinking too.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How the fuck did intelligence community not act on any of this last year? I just can't understand. Who saw this stuff and was content with quiet warnings and inaction?

Meanwhile, emails!!! Red alert! We haven't even looked at or obtained possible evidence yet but we need to tell the public!

So much fucking abdication of duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom