• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox would either ignore major GOP scandals, or try to explain them away. But they'd still report them as stuff that actually did happen (or not bother reporting them at all if the story was small enough). They'd just talk around them or rationalize them. These days, their viewers just say "I don't like this, it isn't true, it never happened, they're lying"

Is Fox willing to cross that line? I'm not sure they are.
ej2m65o.jpg

wX3CeHR.jpg

Pixieking

Banned
Liberals Are Still Angry, but Merrick Garland Has Reached Acceptance

WASHINGTON — You might think it would take a toll on a person, being nominated for the Supreme Court and then having to wait around for eight months in a public state of suspended preparation, simultaneously holding out hope and seeing it drift away.

But by all accounts, Judge Merrick B. Garland, thwarted nominee and high-profile casualty of Washington’s extreme political dysfunction, is doing fine, considering. Back in his old job on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, where he has been chief judge since 2013, Judge Garland does not seem like a man unhinged by an ordeal.

“The character he showed through the whole process proves how qualified he was for the job,” she added, “and it adds to the tragedy that he didn’t get it.”

:(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
McMaster you say? What we're going to pelt the enemy to death with bulk priced screws and other fasteners? Clobber them with dowe-

Oh different McMaster?

Can go back on liberal icon Maher now and be the next Chrisopher Hitchens and laugh about how everyone just hates freedom of speech because he's spitting truth about Catholic priest child sex abuse.

It was probably made clear to him that he stood a very good chance of not being confirmed under Obama's term, and that even if Clinton won she might have gone with someone else. Though I think she would have ended up picking him, or else supporting his confirmation in a lame duck session.

Still furious with how this played out, but my fury is probably no greater than with those who voted for Trump or sat out, especially those that approved of Obama.

Ironically there's a chapter in Audacity of Hope where Obama (as a state senator) goes out to lunch with another Democratic pol, who tries to make a big show of ordering regular mustard for Obama because he's such a down-to-earth guy and Obama's just like "no, I'll have the dijon mustard."

Trump practically lives in gold and still got to be the voice of "the common man" so I'm not sure any of this matters to the degree I think it does. You can project sincerity and authenticity and still enjoy that green tea.

Crocodile

I mean I hate the hypocrisy about how Trump can get away with golfing so soon and blowing through tax payer money but honesty the more time Trump spends golfing, the less time he has to fuck up the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom