• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Trump can't keep these fucking unforced errors down because HE'S RACIST AND SAYS RACIST THINGS

YOU CAN'T PIVOT WHEN THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF IS RACIST

Donald Trump sure does like to invoke Ivanka and Jared when it comes to Jewish issues, but they've certainly been very, very quiet recently.

I'm not sure how their synagogue puts up with being associated with them.
Mike Pence helped out at a synagogue, nobody loves the jews more than pence

Sibylus

Banned
Nazi buds are rubbing off on him. Quelle surprise.

Dust fallout is proportional to impact strength, which in this case is basically assumed to correlate with a nuke, no? Not so bad.

Last week was definitely the calm before the storm.

And it wasn't even that calm!

I couldn't tell ya, but from the moon velocity would be much less than lassoing a distant asteroid, the rock's mass would have to be increased to get a satisfactory gain in bomb yield.

I love how Trump can't keep these fucking unforced errors down because HE'S RACIST AND SAYS RACIST THINGS

YOU CAN'T PIVOT WHEN THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF IS RACIST
I might even boil it down further to just him being stupid.

Even the most intelligent people make stupid and unforced errors. Obama is brilliant and still had his share of blunders (Syria "red line" nonsense).

Trump is a fucking moron. He's never going to be smart or serious. Every single one of his actions will reflect that. Republicans need to make peace with that.

But yes, he is also racist.

This guy is such a fucking improvement on Flynn.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/mcmaster-trump-terrorism-speech-235476?lo=ap_c1

President Donald Trump’s new national security adviser, Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, advised him in a closed-door meeting last week to stop using a phrase that was a frequent refrain during the campaign: “radical Islamic terrorism.”

But the phrase will be in the president’s speech to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday night, according to a senior White House aide—even though McMaster reviewed drafts and his staff pressed the president's chief speechwriter and senior policy adviser, Stephen Miller, not to use it.

What the president decides to say in his address will be an early indication of McMaster's clout within the administration. McMaster, a career officer, was brought in after the ouster of Trump’s first national security adviser Michael Flynn, an early and loyal Trump supporter who said violence was a feature of Islam.

With less than two weeks on the job, McMaster is still in the process of asserting himself in a West Wing, where the circle of aides who can influence the president nonetheless remains small.

In his first remarks to the National Security Council last week, McMaster told his new staff he considered the term “radical Islamic terrorism” unhelpful, according to a second White House aide. “Even a small change like referring to ‘radical Islamist terrorism’ would be an improvement, in his view,” said this aide.

“Islamist” typically describes fundamentalist supporters of Islam-based government and society, rather than implicitly encompassing all Muslims.

etrain911

God, Brianna Wu's foray into politics is such a mistake on so many levels.

I don't expect any kind of pivot or decency from any of the GOP at this point, but at least we have Mattis and this new guy.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The people who set up government email servers.

Haha, that's a good one.

Realistically, I am worried they are using Signal or the other various apps to communicate, rather than official devices channels, and a lot of communications are lost should an investigation of any kind ever arise.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bidding war over Obamas' book deal
Barack and Michelle Obama are about to sell their memoirs for a record sum of money.

A bidding war has broken out between several prominent book publishers, according to a person involved in the sale process.

A deal is expected to be announced sometime this week, possibly as soon as Tuesday afternoon, the source said.

According to the Financial Times, at least one of the bids surpassed $60 million, which is "a record sum for US presidential memoirs."

Both the former president and the former first lady are writing books about their time in the White House. The pair of books will be published separately, but publishing houses like Penguin Random House are bidding for the books together.
Another publisher, Crown, reportedly paid about $10 million for the rights to George W. Bush's White House memoir.
Damn.

I can't believe Trump can't get his legislative goals passed with a Republican Congress. Good for us, but damn what an idiot.

It's not just Trump, though he certainly isn't good at working with Congress. The Republican Congress is a dysfunctional mess. Having Obama in office helped mask it a bit because people could attribute a lot to divided government which actually was due to Republican infighting.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
It's not just Trump, though he certainly isn't good at working with Congress. The Republican Congress is a dysfunctional mess. Having Obama in office helped mask it a bit because people could attribute a lot to divided government which actually was due to Republican infighting.

Yeah - this is where I remind people that one part of the GOP forced the leadership of the GOP out in a coup, and Ryan had to take over because no one else would take the job because of how dysfunctional the GOP was. This isn't really even a trump thing, this is a Republican thing.

They're going to give a SotU response slot to an unemployed person?

image.php

Greitens would be a hard opponent for Kander - but once Greitens terms out I'd say he should go for it.

I really don't think so at all. Greitens is going to do the Kansas experiment with Missouri. Combined with national unpopularity of Trump, Kander would do well in 2020.

Greitens is also being secretive about donations too. I get the feeling he'll be pretty unpopular come 2020

Yeah - this is where I remind people that one part of the GOP forced the leadership of the GOP out in a coup, and Ryan had to take over because no one else would take the job because of how dysfunctional the GOP was. This isn't really even a trump thing, this is a Republican thing.

Overall the party has rejected public policy. If it's not tax cuts or reductive, reactionary bullshit (Obama said we should use energy efficient lightbulbs, how about we make less efficient ones cheaper!) they don't have the ideological coalition to pass it. I'll give Paul Ryan credit for having "ideas" I suppose, but he's surrounded by people who have none and thus make his job impossible.

Slacker

Apparently tonight's Easy D speech is going to be 75+ minutes with no specifics on any policy issues. Yikes. I may have to just read it afterwards but have you ever tried to read a Trump Transcript? It ain't easy, GAF. It ain't easy.

Apparently tonight's Easy D speech is going to be 75+ minutes with no specifics on any policy issues. Yikes. I may have to just read it afterwards but have you ever tried to read a Trump Transcript? It ain't easy, GAF. It ain't easy.

haha, oh man, it's going to be another 2 hour slog of a garbage speech that scares everyone and causes people to take pause like a few weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom