• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

44m
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
People are pouring into Washington in record numbers. Bikers for Trump are on their way. It will be a great Thursday, Friday and Saturday!

Bikers for Trump, hmm...

maxresdefault.jpg

Wilsongt

Could get ugly Friday. Especially when you have Racist Fucks for Trump and legitimate protesters together.

I wonder how many people would have protested Hillary?

Anyone here able to translate this gibberish?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
"thought it would be hypocritical to attend Bush's swearing-in....he doesn't believe Bush is the true elected president." Sound familiar! WP

The leader of the Bikers for Trump group has promised to form a "wall of meat" to defend the inauguration from anti-Trump protesters. Funny that Trump would specifically shout out to them.

"thought it would be hypocritical to attend Bush's swearing-in....he doesn't believe Bush is the true elected president." Sound familiar! WP

Our president elect very much likes Twitter but doesn't like the now standard practice of numbering tweets when using Twitter for something it wasn't originally meant for. This is the first part of that tweet:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
John Lewis said about my inauguration, "It will be the first one that I've missed." WRONG (or lie)! He boycotted Bush 43 also because he...

Like really. If all your tweets need 3 or 4 to get your point across, maybe find a different method of relaying it?

Wilsongt

Should he survive 4 years, this man's ego is going to be torn to ribbons. We might watch our first president descend into madness, then kill us all.

He does multi-part tweets but doesn't use (1/2, 2/2, etc) ever. He's talking about John Lewis not attending Bush's inauguration. No idea if that's true

Wilsongt

So insider trading is what got Martha Stewart landed in jail.

Tom Price's insider trading will get him a cabinet position.

The GOP are held to completely different ethical, moral, and logical standards in this fucking country.

More prostitute talk from Putin. He has a strange understanding of how beauty pageants are organized.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/821367524759654400

(Stole this from the Russia thread in the OT, I thought the "best in the world" line was hilarious)

Why would Putin want to keep this in the news? He must know that merely bringing the details up is newsworthy in itself.

He's either sending Donnie a message or they're trying to distract from something else.

I wonder how many people would have protested Hillary?

I imagine there'd be a few big inicidents here and there, but protests in general would be pretty small.

I'm expecting the opposite to happen with Trump, as I'm hoping the movements protesting what he and the GOP do rival that of what happened in Brazil and South Korea.

I mean, from my understanding, Civil rights groups and environmentalists are in a vast majority compared to racists and climate deniers. I don't expect them to just trample all over those people.

"Doubt that Trump fell for it" sounds like code for "I didn't think he was actually that stupid, but then he went and did it anyway lol." Not a denial, just a totally normal observation that a head of state would consider common logic for any person not named "Trump."

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
With all of the jobs I am bringing back into the U.S. (even before taking office), with all of the new auto plants coming back into our.....

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
country and with the massive cost reductions I have negotiated on military purchases and more, I believe the people are seeing "big stuff."

Am I missing something?

What new jobs has he himself negotiated?

And what savings on military equipment?

Pretty much all his tweets are total BS.

So insider trading is what got Martha Stewart landed in jail.

Tom Price's insider trading will get him a cabinet position.

The GOP are held to completely different ethical, moral, and logical standards in this fucking country.

Unfortunately People in the House & senate are exempt from insider trading rules on knowledge they gain there . This is why anyone in the congress who wasn't rich when they came in leave rich.

one thing you can do as a member is study pending legislation and regulatory changes, call up your broker and instruct him to trade on that nonpublic information. Do this as often as you want; you will suffer no penalty. There is no limit to how much money you can earn on insider trading in the House or Senate. Lawmakers and their staffers are specifically exempted.

nitronite

we are living in a post facts world.

To be fair to Trump, since his election, there have been many cases of US companies pledging to invest x amount of billions of dollars in the US, of which the most recent example is this. The article also mentions some of these other pledged investments. Now, whether or not this has anything to do with Trump is debatable, but like most politicians, he is taking credit for it, although rather obtusely.

With regards to cutting military costs, he is probably referring to Lockheed Martin's CEO pledging to 'bring the costs down significantly'. Source
Again, I read somewhere that they were going to be lower going forward anyway, but once again, Trump is obtusely taking credit.

Pixieking

Banned
Republicans need to drop this 'party of lincoln' crap. They are far the opposite of that these days.

I don't know why they keeping thinking "Party of Lincoln" does anything over than reassure themselves.

There's a good reason they keep on doing it - because it increases sympathy and respect for their party. Yes, they're the opposite of Lincoln, and Trump is the anti-Lincoln incarnate, but as soon as you link yourself to a high respected statesman, orator and legislator, the general populace will think more of you. It's optics in its purest form.

I mean, test it for yourself: "The Party of Lincoln has nominated a racist, sexually assaulting, ignorant buffoon and failed businessman to be its leader." The cognitive dissonance there is amazing. But people aren't versed in seeing cognitive dissonance before their eyes, so they think it can't be true.

It's another way in which the Democratic Party has failed messaging. Who is the Democratic Party the Party of? I mean, seriously, who?

Nyt saying everyone omegafucked if Obamacare goes away lol

I'm shocked.

It's another way in which the Democratic Party has failed messaging. Who is the Democratic Party the Party of? I mean, seriously, who?

Minorities, the poor, the sick, movie stars, singers, comedians, the educated, city people. The downtrotten and those that live around them, interact with them, and know they exist.

It's not really that hard.

The GOP can't say who they're a party of. They're the party of the white, the racists and the rich. But that sounds awful. So they have to latch onto a time when they weren't cartoonist evil and vile.

He does multi-part tweets but doesn't use (1/2, 2/2, etc) ever. He's talking about John Lewis not attending Bush's inauguration. No idea if that's true

The problem besides not numbering or threading his tweets is also that he seems to get distracted as hell before sending out a multitweet thought. He'll send part one, retweet some nonsense, and then send out part two. For someone who uses Twitter as much as he does, he really is pretty poor at it.

Pixieking

Banned
Minorities, the poor, the sick, movie stars, singers, comedians, the educated, city people.

The GOP can't say who they're a party of. They're the party of the white, the racists and the rich. But that sounds awful. So they have to latch onto a time when they weren't cartoonist evil and vile.

Yup, all true. But "The Party of Lincoln" is pithy - it sounds good (on the surface, at least). By contrast, the Democratic Party struggles to find a pithy title... The Party of the Educated/Singers/Movie Stars? Elitist. The Party of The Poor? "But I'm not poor, so whatcha gonna do for me?" The Party of City People? Rural voters not gonna like that.

Lincoln embodies a lot, so the GOP get to swing him around like he's a unicorn. He's a concept. What real-life awesome person that the Average Joe knows is the concept of something amazing does the Democratic Party have? If the ACA gets the recognition it deserves, you could actually have The Party of Obama. But that won't be for awhile yet.

Talamius

Why would Putin want to keep this in the news? He must know that merely bringing the details up is newsworthy in itself.

He's either sending Donnie a message or they're trying to distract from something else.

Putin's aim may be chaos. A distracted US and UK would mean NATO would not be able to stop a lightning invasion of the Baltics.

nitronite

Minorities, the poor, the sick, movie stars, singers, comedians, the educated, city people. The downtrotten and those that live around them, interact with them, and know they exist.

I guess they would say that they're the party of limited government, free markets and family values.

inb4 limited government actually means dictating proper family values and spending a crapload on mililary

dramatis

Somehow, we have gotten to this point

Tragedy Would Unfold If Trump Cancels Bush’s AIDS Program
In 2003, in a move that has been described as his greatest legacy, George W. Bush created a program called PEPFAR—the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. At the time, more than 20 million people in sub-Saharan Africa were living with AIDS, but only 50,000 had access to antiretroviral drugs that manage the disease and prevent its spread. Now, thanks to PEPFAR, 11.5 million people are on those drugs. For good reason, it has been variously described as a “globally transformative lifeline,” “one of the best government programs in American history,” and something “for all Americans to be proud of.”

It seems that some members of President-Elect Trump’s transition team beg to differ.

Last Friday, Helene Cooper at The New York Times reported that the transition team sent a four-page questionnaire to the State Department about America’s relationship with Africa, on topics ranging from terrorism to humanitarianism. Several questions indicated “an overall skepticism about the value of foreign aid.” Two mentioned PEPFAR in particular: “Is PEPFAR worth the massive investment when there are so many security concerns in Africa? Is PEPFAR becoming a massive, international entitlement program?”
Bush initially committed $15 billion to PEPFAR over five years, but the program was renewed in 2008 and 2013 and has since received over $72 billion in funding. As well as disseminating treatments, that money has: funded HIV testing and counseling for 74 million people; provided critical care and support to 6 million orphans and vulnerable children; prevented 2 million babies from being born with HIV by offering drugs to mothers; trained 220,000 health workers; supported 11 million voluntary male circumcisions to prevent the spread of HIV; improved health care in the various focus countries; and supported services for controlling other diseases like malaria and tuberculosis.

While PEPFAR program has been criticized for also funding ineffective attempts to prevent HIV infections by teaching abstinence and faithfulness, such efforts only used up a small and decreasing proportion of the program’s money. The vast majority of the funds went towards evidence-based practices—with demonstrable results.
Not just Obama stuff, we have to protect even Bush stuff? Without Republican help?

What's Congress and Trump going to target next, CHIP?

I'm sorry, but the media is so insanely politically correct about Christianity that it makes my eyes roll.

There were roughly 300 articles written in the election season about "why (white) evangelicals are voting Trump even though they don't like him" and all of those articles ignored that white evangelicals were literally the only non-Nazi group in America that liked Trump. There were plenty of Rust Belt low income whites who voted for Trump even though they disliked him, but white evangelicals like Trump, mmkay.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Somehow, we have gotten to this point

Tragedy Would Unfold If Trump Cancels Bush's AIDS Program

Not just Obama stuff, we have to protect even Bush stuff? Without Republican help?

Someone wake me up from this insane dream, he is going to burn the world down.

What's Congress and Trump going to target next, CHIP?

About that...

The Republican strategy to solve this dilemma is to coerce Democrats into solving their dilemma for them by repealing Obamacare and blaming Democrats for the disaster caused by the repeal unless they agree to support some kind of Republican proposal — and, by supporting it, neuter their chance to blame Republicans for the outcome. And yet some doubt is already creeping in as to whether this massive hostage-taking scheme can actually work. Their answer to this dilemma is ... take even more hostages. Specifically, some very small ones. "According to multiple GOP sources, Republicans are looking at whether to use reauthorizations of existing programs, such as the Children's Health Insurance Program, as vehicles for replacement measures," reports Mike DeBonis in the Washington Post. ”That could give them leverage to secure cooperation from Democrats."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...o-repeal-obamacare-take-children-hostage.html

Looks like they're going to hold it hostage and kill it unless the Dems help kill the ACA.

Trump has probably assaulted around 200 women in his life, hopefully more come forward when people realize that he's a coward who will never actually sue his accusers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom