• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
pN8697F.gif

Balphon

That is... surprising

Maybe, but there's not much to read into since there was no way Kelly wasn't getting confirmed.

Actual targets were always going to be the likes of Tillerson, Sessions, Puzder, DeVos (if she even makes it out of committee, they just pushed her vote there), Price, & Pruitt.

What's the Democrat plan moving forward for dealing with Health Insurance? If the Republican's repeal the Affordable Care Act and strip it away over the next four years than what will the Democrat party be campaigning for? I mean, will they try to campaign for a single-payer system or will it be something similar to the ACA?

What's the Democrat plan moving forward for dealing with Health Insurance? If the Republican's repeal the Affordable Care Act and strip it away over the next four years than what will the Democrat party be campaigning for? I mean, will they try to campaign for a single-payer system or will it be something similar to the ACA?

You would think a platform of 'Health insurance for everyone' would win every time, but you know. People hate that the less fortunate get health insurance.

Ogodei

You would think a platform of 'Health insurance for everyone' would win every time, but you know. People hate that the less fortunate get health insurance.

If we ever got back to a point of majorities in both chambers, you'd definitely be getting single payer by any means possible.

If we ever got back to a point of majorities in both chambers, you'd definitely be getting single payer by any means possible.
But would there really be a point in this if Republicans could potentially reverse it similar to how they can dismantle the Affordable Care Act? I mean, if you try and push for single-payer than the tax increase that follows it is going to cause outrage among the voting population. What happens if next cycle they vote against Democrats and the whole thing is repealed and we end up back at square one?

But would there really be a point in this if Republicans could potentially reverse it similar to how they can dismantle the Affordable Care Act? I mean, if you try and push for single-payer than the tax increase that follows it is going to cause outrage among the voting population. What happens if next cycle they vote against Democrats and the whole thing is repealed and we end up back at square one?
If your fear is that your legislation will be repealed, literally why should you pass any legislation ever again?

On the bright side, maybe Trump will usher in a new era of punk/emo rock music again like there was under Bush, instead of all the slow shitty faux folk music that came out under Obama.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
On the bright side, maybe Trump will usher in a new era of punk/emo rock music again like there was under Bush, instead of all the slow shitty faux folk music that came out under Obama.

It's already started. The Gorillaz, Arcade Fire, and Franz Ferdinand have all written anti-Trump songs and that's just what I've seen in the last three days on twitter and from friends. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of anti-Trump music.

Personally I like the Gorillaz track the best of those 3.

Trump was presidential, and the people in the crowd were gracious to Obama. Quite a stark difference to how people reacted to the Bush transition in 2008.

1.8 million people filled all of DC to cheer and usher in a new era of progress. Versus the couple hundred thousand that bothered to show up today

So yea, quite a stark difference, I'd say

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Anybody have any idea what I did to piss off Dsyndrome so bad?

I never knew the United States was a weak drug gang infested waste land. Thank you Trump for letting me know in your speech today!

That's the rub man, you get them to believe and then when you take credit for reality actually not being that way.,...SUCCESS!

Trump was presidential, and the people in the crowd were gracious to Obama. Quite a stark difference to how people reacted to the Bush transition in 2008.

I'd have more respect for your views if you didn't try to sell a version of Trump that doesn't exist. He's no adult given his immature behavior and he sure as hell is not some moral beacon of Christianity. It's okay to like him for what he actually is, but don't put a pile of garbage in front of me and call it ice cream.

Crowd not booing Obama doesn't negate the fact that Trump ran the most antagonistic, purposefully annoying, angry and fear inspiring campaign of all time.

also PARTY OF LINCOLN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom