• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Crowd not booing Obama doesn't negate the fact that Trump ran the most antagonistic, purposefully annoying, angry and fear inspiring campaign of all time.

also PARTY OF LINCOLN.

Also, did basically 0 to reconcile the population afterwards.

Which is, yet again, Fascism 101.

That's the rub man, you get them to believe and then when you take credit for reality actually not being that way.,...SUCCESS!

Bad thing is the economy will still be good for a little while under Trump thanks to Obama. The stuff he is fucking up won't be immediately noticeable for 4-8 years. I'm thinking Trump definitely gets a 2nd term, especially if dems think about running a woman again.

So uh Milo is speaking at UW right now and police are saying someone got shot at the protest... (I am safe indoors but saw the protest earlier)

Tarydax

Banned
Trump was presidential, and the people in the crowd were gracious to Obama. Quite a stark difference to how people reacted to the Bush transition in 2008.

Trump has never been presidential a day in his life and the reaction to Obama's departure is different in part because his policies didn't cause a massive recession.

joe biden sounds more likely to run for president with every passing interview. Thinks he would have won vs trump, and saying he's keeping his options for the future open. "I'll run in 2020 if I can walk." His son Hunter is really enthusiastic about it, says if it were up to him Joe would be running for president "tomorrow". Joe will be 78 in 2020.

joe biden sounds more likely to run for president with every passing interview. Thinks he would have won vs trump, and saying he's keeping his options for the future open. "I'll run in 2020 if I can walk." His son Hunter is really enthusiastic about it, says if it were up to him Joe would be running for president "tomorrow". Joe will be 78 in 2020.

I love Joe, but that's too old

78 is too old. I think he's kicking himself for not running.

Trump would be 74.

Bad thing is the economy will still be good for a little while under Trump thanks to Obama. The stuff he is fucking up won't be immediately noticeable for 4-8 years. I'm thinking Trump definitely gets a 2nd term, especially if dems think about running a woman again.

I'll say it again and again and again. 2016 should be a lesson to NEVER say definitely about anything.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I'd be ok with the risk, assuming he looks to be in good health.
But, it's amusing we are carrying to torch for Biden when he is more moderate than Clinton. Although, he may be exactly what is needed right now (someone between B. Clinton and H. Clinton)

Trump would be 74.

The fact we never got actual medical information means there is probably something there too for Trump. He is probably not that healthy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
78 is too old. I think he's kicking himself for not running.

It's the whole "what if" thing. Clinton probably wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about what she could have done differently. Biden and Obama are probably the same way.

Holmes

Trump was presidential, and the people in the crowd were gracious to Obama. Quite a stark difference to how people reacted to the Bush transition in 2008.
giphy.gif

Maengun1

I remember one of the things that I was most nervous about (and then ultra relieved by) during the 2012 election was economists predicting that whichever party won that race would also win in 2016 because the economy was likely to be chugging along nicely.

:::sigh:::

If Biden is healthy, runs, and manages to actually win in Iowa/New Hampshire, then who the fuck cares. People love him. His favorables are probably higher than any other democrat. If he's the best to stop a Trump re-election than let him fucking run. Normal logic doesn't apply anymore. Old politic rules are all out the window. Fuck it. Fuck everything we know.

Like lets assume he runs and wins. Ok. He's old.. So what? If he dies if office. So what. He'll likely pick a competent likable VP. Then they will be in charge. So fucking whatever.

Suikoguy

If Biden is healthy, runs, and manages to actually win in Iowa/New Hampshire, then who the fuck cares. People love him. His favorables are probably higher than any other democrat. If he's the best to stop a Trump re-election than let him fucking run. Normal logic doesn't apply anymore. Old politic rules are all out the window. Fuck it. Fuck everything we know.

Like lets assume he runs and wins. Ok. He's old.. So what? If he dies if office. So what. He'll likely pick a competent likable VP. Then they will be in charge. So fucking whatever.

Exactly, the only significant liability would be short term, if he can't handle the rigors of a campaign.

I'd put it out there that if he runs and wins in 2020, and makes it through 4 years, there's an enormous possibility that he says, I've done what I can for the country, my time is done, and hangs up his boots. His vice president, whoever that is, will presumably be the frontrunner. Joe might even see it as a duty to run in 2020, knowing his appeal to white folks and unhappy with the direction Trump is taking the country, and then retire after one term getting democrats back in power

82 is really old for a guaranteed 4 years of shouldering the titanic burdens of the presidency

Why do people still not realize that it's a bad look to have to constantly say "oh, he seems so presidential today" because he didn't have a temper tantrum for once?

I blame the media.

They were so butthurt about being accused of being biased and in the tank for Clinton 24/7 they gushed over Trump every time he didn't fall overhimself vomiting down a stair case just to seem fair and balanced or whatever.

I blame the media.

They were so butthurt about being accused of being biased and in the tank for Clinton 24/7 they gushed over Trump every time he didn't fall overhimself vomiting down a stair case just to seem fair and balanced or whatever.

Yep, they are afraid of being shut out and shit talked, so they are kissing his ass

Probably because Obama's inauguration had an actually well-sized crowd.

You keep defending Trump desperately. Makes it all the easier for me if you try and make your arguments on OT.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is no source on this, how do they know these are connected to him directly? my guess is some of these belong to other people trying to cash in on name confusion.

You don't, but looking up who owns a business isn't too complicated. I imagine it's at least worth the couple hours it'd take. Link one to him, see if it makes money, see if you can match that up to an action Trump takes and you've got an impeachable offence.

mo60

Also I just learned that a part of trump's inauguration speech yesterday or today depending on were you live was ripped from the bee movie. Wow.

Edit: Nevermind it was a fake.

Balphon

If he couldn't be Pence in a debate, I don't think he could handle Trump.

Not that debates actually matter anymore.

They could. Trump looked like a clown in all three debates and it didn't matter because it didn't change the narrative of the race much, but that was because the race had so little to do with actual policy.

Biden has too much baggage that matters to Dem primary voters to get through the primary.
Eh, maybe. It's possible the fact that he calls the Crime Bill the Biden Bill all the time would sink him, but at least anecdotally the young minorities I follow/know that didn't trust Hillary seem to like Biden. He's got the cred from being attached to Obama and isn't attached to Bill Clinton's politics.

I'm still pulling for the Brown/Klobuchar ticket though.

Kucinich is back!

GREAT #inauguration speech @RealDonaldTrump! ����Congratulations & best wishes from Dennis & Elizabeth Kucinich����watching from Beirut, Lebanon

https://twitter.com/Dennis_Kucinich/status/822498322816630785

Eh, maybe. It's possible the fact that he calls the Crime Bill the Biden Bill all the time would sink him, but at least anecdotally the young minorities I follow/know that didn't trust Hillary seem to like Biden. He's got the cred from being attached to Obama and isn't attached to Bill Clinton's politics.

I'm still pulling for the Brown/Klobuchar ticket though.

Joe Biden started his career by being against "forced busing."

He was the first major non-Southern Dem to be against desegregation, that's.... very bad.

He also refused to let Anita Hill's witnesses testify against Clarence Thomas.

Those two things produce infinitely more baggage than the crime bill. The crime bill had little impact on anything, giving up on desegregation and letting a sexual predator like Thomas onto the Supreme Court had huge impacts.

Antifa is just a bunch of dumb fucks, jesus, come on, guys.

Quote isn't from Bee Movie and that was a dumb move by the image creator to try to pretend it was. "The Entire Bee Movie Script" is a meme so the entire script is available everywhere online.

Maybe the worst choice of movie he could have gone with, really.

Bill Clinton is still the best president born in 1946, goddammit.

There were some legitimate positives to his terms.

Though it's fair to analyze the many negatives too.

Biden has too much baggage that matters to Dem primary voters to get through the primary.
I don't think baggage matters if you're a talented politician that people like. Biden is authentic and generally likeable, unlike Clinton. He'd have an easier time explaining his record in context than she did.

Biden's problem is that he's completely undisciplined though. Talks too much, goes off script, doesn't really listen, etc. It would have doomed him against Clinton. If he could have magically been given the nominee sure, I think he would have beaten Trump though.

2020...nah. Too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom