• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just stumble on that flat earth/ Shaq thread?

We had 3 actual flat earthers show up. It was kind of amazing. Basically, the government is evil rhetoric the right wing media is flooding the masses with taken to the extreme.

There was some trump voter saying she was mad because trump sold out supporting science and that the earth is flat and outer space doesn't exist.

So I looked up the theory and it's based on a lack of basic physics knowledge and conspiracy theories similar to what I think Trump and alt righters actually believe in.

Should voting require a basic intelligence test? Probably not but that would be assuring to some extent.

SexyFish

Banned
Who is tweeting for the President?

What did the President tweet and when did he tweet it?

There was some trump voter saying she was mad because trump sold out supporting science and that the earth is flat and outer space doesn't exist.

So I looked up the theory and it's based on a lack of basic physics knowledge and conspiracy theories similar to what I think Trump and alt righters actually believe in.

Should voting require a basic intelligence test? Probably not but that would be assuring to some extent.

Do you want Republicans in charge of this? Because it would be the most racist shit ever.

sangreal

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vaul...t_the_impossible_literacy_test_louisiana.html

(no, it shouldn't)

In reference to Trump's Freedom Caucus tweet

@maggieNYT
Maggie Haberman Retweeted Donald J. Trump
Trump did not write this tweet

She is one of the most Trump connected reporters working so I don't doubt her, but how does she know this?

Shitting on the FC still isn't a good look. Unless it dissolves I guess. Doesn't matter if he wrote it or not. He's still responsible for it.

The only thing him not writing it does it brings down the craziness scale a notch I guess.

chadskin

Who is tweeting for the President?

Dan Scavino Jr. usually tweets on his behalf.

I think Haberman was more referring to the assertion made by Breitbart yesterday that Trump attacked the House Freedom Caucus at Priebus' request on Twitter on Saturday and, presumably, again today, in order to defend Ryan.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

The Democrats will make a deal with me on healthcare as soon as ObamaCare folds - not long. Do not worry, we are in very good shape!

Edit: That one is also from an iPhone

@realDonaldTrump

The Democrats will make a deal with me on healthcare as soon as ObamaCare folds - not long. Do not worry, we are in very good shape!

Yes play political games with people's lives by fucking up your health insurance system as much as possible to ensure it fails.

sangreal

Dan Scavino Jr. usually tweets on his behalf.

I think Haberman was more referring to the assertion made by Breitbart yesterday that Trump attacked the House Freedom Caucus at Priebus' request on Twitter on Saturday and, presumably, again today, in order to defend Ryan.

yeah that makes more sense

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Still goinf after the freedom cacus when they basically told him "look at me, I'm the captain now" is not a smart move. They can stop every bill in the house.

The did it with health care and won.

If Trump can't work with the freedom caucus it's basically impossible for him to get anything done right? Even if he got every single Blue Dog in the House on board with a project that's still not enough votes to pass anything.

The idea of him yelling at Labrador gives me life, too.

rjinaz

@realDonaldTrump

I mean this should be illegal. We're talking about people's lives and well being. Here is Trump loving that people are going to get screwed.

How sad. We have so far to go as a country.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, it's the official twitter of the President. It doesn't matter who tweets it, especially if it's not publicly disavowed.

Trump just making 100% sure that his agenda gets wrecked by FC. Like, what's the play here? Call them out over and over in the hopes that they will pass your tax, infrastructure and trade deals?

chadskin

CNN on how the sausage gets made:
Up until now, Trump and his social media director Dan Scavino have essentially handled the President's tweets on their own. Trump typically dictates his often provocative Twitter posts to Scavino who then hits "tweet."
Often sitting right next to the President while he is active on Twitter, Scavino not only posts the tweets on the @realDonaldTrump account, but also @POTUS, @WhiteHouse. Same goes for those platforms on Facebook, the senior administration official said.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/donald-trump-social-media-team-expanding/

kess

In reference to Trump's Freedom Caucus tweet

@maggieNYT
Maggie Haberman Retweeted Donald J. Trump
Trump did not write this tweet

She is one of the most Trump connected reporters working so I don't doubt her, but how does she know this?

The fuck does she even care? Trump has said, and will say crazier things, and he is either incompetent, crazy, or negligent if he allows someone to run unauthorized material on his own account. Did he get hacked by someone who talks ...just like him? Seriously, what's the angle?

Bishman

@realDonaldTrump

How do you see where a person is tweeting from: Android, iPhone, web client?

Oh are we back to hating on Nancy Pelosi again because she's got wrinkles and therefore shouldn't be in leadership.

While still being gungho for old as fuck white guys like Diamond Joe and Birdie to assume mantles of leadership.

Cool.

Slizeezyc

The thing that really is odd about waiting for ObamaCare to "fail" is that, like, the solution of "taking insurance away" from everyone isn't going to be the solution where everyone is cool with it. If it becomes untenable, people are going to want "cheaper" insurance and "good" insurance, not "no" insurance.

It's like you want to force a public option if it ends up going that way, which many/most Republicans wouldn't want anyway, so you shouldn't wait for this version of healthcare to "fail" to get your way.

Vestal

When will the democrats get rid off Pelosi as minority leader? Surely they can find someone better.

Wait what?

BAGW1wE.gif

Oh are we back to hating on Nancy Pelosi again because she's got wrinkles and therefore shouldn't be in leadership.

At this point she's just a punching bag for the Republicans. I imagine that's what people are annoyed by. But in all fairness, they will still tie people to her even after she's gone. She's a liberal woman in power, that's why Republicans hate her, not sure why Democrats wouldn't like her.

Blader

How did this latest healthcare episode, and the contrast with ACA's passage, not put a huge fucking spotlight on how good Pelosi is at her job?

royalan

It's starting to smell fishy in here.

Didn't we just have several pages detailing how absolutely fucking Badass Nancy Pelosi is? And what's she's accomplished. Shit, not even I have any complaints now that she's shitting on Trump damn near daily.

What a suspicious time to for such a suspect drive-by post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom