• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

Here we go...

@realDonaldTrump:
Why isn't the House Intelligence Committee looking into the Bill & Hillary deal that allowed big Uranium to go to Russia, Russian speech....

Plot twist: Ossoff wins 50%+1 in the primary and there is no run-off election, he just wins

Double plot twist: Run-off is a D vs. D race

The mentality behind midterms is this - the incumbent (WH) party figures even if they lose Congress, their party still holds veto power, so it's no big deal. Whereas the out party is going to scrape for whatever power they can get.

People acting like the Democrats getting creamed in midterms is some permanent phenomenon need to understand this, this is exactly why Democrats did so poorly under Obama. We knew Obama would veto whatever crazy crap the Republicans managed to pass, so for many people it didn't matter.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Here we go...

@realDonaldTrump:
Why isn't the House Intelligence Committee looking into the Bill & Hillary deal that allowed big Uranium to go to Russia, Russian speech....

He knows they are getting close to something. Especially with this tweet coming at 930.

sphagnum

Banned
Trump now wants to put tax reform and infrastructure together, which won't work.

So like:

- No ACA repeal

- No tax reform

- No infrastructure plan

- Filibuster of Gorsuch

What if... nothing happens this term? (Though I do expect Gorsuch to get confirmed)

It's amazing how he's doing all of our work for us.

Holmes

Plot twist: Ossoff wins 50%+1 in the primary and there is no run-off election, he just wins

Double plot twist: Run-off is a D vs. D race

The mentality behind midterms is this - the incumbent (WH) party figures even if they lose Congress, their party still holds veto power, so it's no big deal. Whereas the out party is going to scrape for whatever power they can get.

People acting like the Democrats getting creamed in midterms is some permanent phenomenon need to understand this, this is exactly why Democrats did so poorly under Obama. We knew Obama would veto whatever crazy crap the Republicans managed to pass, so for many people it didn't matter.
I think people just hate Trump.

Zeke

Here we go...

@realDonaldTrump:
Didn't this turn out to be nothing? I thought that uranium got sent to Canada for processing or enriching then sent back into the states or am I thinking of something else?

SexyFish

Banned
Here we go...

@realDonaldTrump:
@realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago
More
...money to Bill, the Hillary Russian "reset," praise of Russia by Hillary, or Podesta Russian Company. Trump Russia story is a hoax. #MAGA!

second part.

It took the dumbfuck 10 minutes for that tweet.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump still running against Hillary, I see.

I think people just hate Trump.
I mean yes, but that's what will motivate swing voters.

But this is why R base turnout will be depressed. Even if his base still loves him, they won't care about the midterms because they don't think anything is at stake.

Democrats loved Obama too in 2010 but didn't turn out.

Chumley

Banned
More
...money to Bill, the Hillary Russian "reset," praise of Russia by Hillary, or Podesta Russian Company. Trump Russia story is a hoax. #MAGA!

second part.

This just confirms how scared he is. It's real and happening.

SexyFish

Banned
@realDonaldTrump 2 minutes ago

The Republican House Freedom Caucus was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. After so many bad years they were ready for a win!

Boy someone is having a bad night

Didn't this turn out to be nothing? I thought that uranium got sent to Canada for processing or enriching then sent back into the states or am I thinking of something else?

Not sure the details, but it wasn't even Hillary Clinton's "deal" so to speak. It was approved by something like 13 Government Agencies and the State Department was just responsible for signing off on it to approve the transfer of materials. She herself didn't have a say in the deal, she was doing the Federal Governments bidding, and the decision to go ahead with it was decided by just about every Government agency.

The Republican House Freedom Caucus was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. After so many bad years they were ready for a win!

385.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I mean yes, but that's what will motivate swing voters.

But this is why R base turnout will be depressed. Even if his base still loves him, they won't care about the midterms because they don't think anything is at stake.

Democrats loved Obama too in 2010 but didn't turn out.

I think people tend to underestimate how many of those voters were out voting against Hillary just as much as they were voting for Trump in 2016. That won't be the case in 2018.

Armaros

Boy someone is having a bad night

So he is just swinging wildly at everyone right now

More

second part.

By any chance was this talked about by Tucker on Fox News sometime by about 9:30 tonight?

RoKKeR

That latest tweet, lol.

Anyways, saw Van Jones speak at Vanderbilt today... what an incredibly intelligent and eloquent dude. Really spoke to a lot of frustrations I've had about partisanship in this country, and the lack of respect that has infiltrated not only the political system, but our daily lives as well thanks to social media and the internet. It really made me realize I need to pare back my engagement in fueled up, ideological echo chambers that fall into the same traps as "the other side" with regards to being intolerant and not listening. It's fun to pile on, but I definitely need to recalibrate some of the ways in which I engage news and other people online. (including on GAF)

Very thought provoking stuff. He also said he would repeat his "Trump became the President in that moment" time and time again, and said he likes and respects Jeffrey Lord even though he disagrees vehemently with everything he says and is flat out "wrong" about most things. Also had a powerful anecdote about how Obama was receiving thousands of letters and emails a day from his "constituents" calling him a nigger and a monkey, while he worked tirelessly (and lost his majorities in Congress) to ensure the children of those same people could go to the doctor. "That's my president." Really hit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom