• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

I know I'm days late on this, but footage of Burr and Warner feels like watching a buddy cop movie about two retired dudes on one last ride where they get in way over their heads.

Owzers

C8u8nQcVYAASV5h.jpg

Nunes stepping aside, blames everyone but himself.
My only problem was being too damn right.

The GOP celebrating their trash healthcare plan again. Can't wait to drop millions from insurance, it's just so fun.

Kusagari

So Conaway is awful too? I already know Rooney and Gowdy are probably worse than Nunes. How did the worst of the worst of the house GOP, which are almost all awful to begin with, end up on this panel?

Conaway and Gowdy though, Jesus Christ. Aren't they any competent House Republicans on this committee?

I've found Ros-Lehtinen to be relatively reasonable for a Republican. Looks like she is the former chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs committee. She definitely has the credentials to head this thing up but its a partisan shitfest so to the inbred Gowdy it goes.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If anybody needs a refresher on who Conaway is:

Dallas News said:
Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Midland, is comparing the use of Mexican entertainers to energize Democratic voters to the email hacking that officials say was orchestrated by Vladimir Putin's government.

“Harry Reid and the Democrats brought in Mexican soap opera stars, singers and entertainers who had immense influence in those communities into Las Vegas, to entertain, get out the vote and so forth,” Conaway told The Dallas Morning News this week. “Those are foreign actors, foreign people, influencing the vote in Nevada. You don’t hear the Democrats screaming and saying one word about that.”

The guy who said this.

Teggy

Gowdy currently trying to figure out if he can subpoena Hillary for the Russia committee to ask how Ben Ghazi tried to influence the election.

This "recusal" sounds like a half-step and the people replacing Nunes are all also human garbage so........hurray?

The House investigation was literally never going to go anywhere. Nunes having to recuse himself, even termporarily, continues a trend of people around Trump going from having his full confidence to having to recuse themselves to eventually even criminal charges. It's a good thing!

Blader

The House investigation was literally never going to go anywhere. Nunes having to recuse himself, even termporarily, continues a trend of people around Trump going from having his full confidence to having to recuse themselves to eventually even criminal charges. It's a good thing!

Yeah, even some Republicans are writing off the House investigation and looking at the Senate's as the only legitimate, bipartisan congressional probe.

Putting Conaway and Gowdy at the helm won't do anything to make the House investigation ever not feel compromised. They could've put more reasonable House Republicans in charge and the House probe will still have the stain of Nunes' incompetence and/or corruption on it.

Maxim726X

Conaway and Gowdy though, Jesus Christ. Aren't they any competent House Republicans on this committee?

I mean, did anyone not think that if Nunes was going to step aside that he was going to be replaced with objectively shittier human beings?

I'm surprised Gowdy isn't the lead. We should be thankful.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
CNN story on power struggle between Bannon/Kushner wings.

CNN said:
Another official stressed that a new power center has emerged in the West Wing that pointedly does not include Bannon. Instead, a pair of former Goldman Sachs executives -- Gary Cohn and Dina Powell -- appear to be in favor. Cohn acts as Trump's chief economic adviser and Powell is a deputy national security adviser. Both are viewed internally as close to Kushner, a dynamic that rankled those in the White House close to Bannon -- who have come to term Cohn as "Globalist Gary," an insult for those aligned with the Bannon's populist views.

Uhhhh. *insert appropriate reaction gif*

this is one of un-numberable reasons you don't hire nazis.

DonShula

CNN story on power struggle between Bannon/Kushner wings.

Uhhhh. *insert appropriate reaction gif*

My takeaway is that Trump favors a new faction every 3-6 months and will continue to do so, nullifying his ability to push any sort of agenda or message consistently.

The chaos, it seems, often includes others, but is a result of a single, inept man.

Mike Conaway, ffs. "So what you're saying is that it's like the Red Raiders are down by 7 and the Longhorns made some adjustments at the half. Am I correct about that? No? Ok, let me see if I can put this into more accurate terms: suppose Putin got his hands on the Red Raiders' playbook before the game and the Longhorns were in nickle formation the entire second half. No? My passes don't seem to be making it over the line of scrimmage here."

Cummings denies telling Trump he'd 'go down as one of the great presidents'

"Elijah Cummings was in my office and he said, 'You will go down as one of the great presidents in the history of our country,'" Trump said, according to a transcript of the Times interview. "And then he went out and I watched him on television yesterday and I said, 'Was that the same man?'"

Asked about the assertion, Cummings said his point was more nuanced.

"During my meeting with the president and on several occasions since then, I have said repeatedly that he could be a great president if -- if -- he takes steps to truly represent all Americans rather than continuing on the divisive and harmful path he is currently on," Cummings said in a statement.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Nunes recusing himself and being under investigation by the Ethics Committee is a win I'll take. There was never really the chance that he'd somehow be replaced by someone very competent.

The Democrats have officially fillibustered the Gorsuch.

Now it's time for the GOP to destroy another major part of our checks and balances.

I don't really consider the filibuster a major part of our checks and balances. It's a matter of Senate rules, and one that's been changed in many ways over the years.

Mike Conaway, ffs. "So what you're saying is that it's like the Red Raiders are down by 7 and the Longhorns made some adjustments at the half. Am I correct about that? No? Ok, let me see if I can put this into more accurate terms: suppose Putin got his hands on the Red Raiders' playbook before the game and the Longhorns were in nickle formation the entire second half. No? My passes don't seem to be making it over the line of scrimmage here."
This is a ridiculous take on that situation. Down by only 7, they'd have plenty of time left to exploit the nickel with an inside running game. Do the Red Raiders run any read-option stuff? That might also be effective.

What fucking spineless Dems voted for Gorsuch?

Edit: Surprise, surprise... Same useless assholes as always.
3 red state dems who need some cover? That's fine. It doesn't change the tactical situation in any way. Only if we were at dems #7 and 8 would it be important.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Don't be so naive. It is only spineless if it gives the nomination. The advantage of a caucus is they can defend vulnerable Senators by giving them a vote knowing that it won't make a difference. When it comes to election time they can say they are mavericks. It is just smart politics.

Don't be so naive. It is only spineless if it gives the nomination. The advantage of a caucus is they can defend vulnerable Senators by giving them a vote knowing that it won't make a difference. When it comes to election time they can say they are mavericks. It is just smart politics.

Pretty much. Manchin is still a trash senator, but he's representing a state where literally anyone who could get elected would be worse.

kirblar

Surprise surprise, same people complaining about powerless symbolic votes who don't understand a thing about how whipping votes work or about how rough election is in a deep red state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom