• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Paul McLeod‏Verified account
@pdmcleod

Ooh, Republican Freedom caucus and Rand Paul are going full obstruction. Say there cannot be meaningful negotiation while AHCA moving on

Paul McLeod‏Verified account
@pdmcleod

Rep. Meadows says they've done a whip count and are confident Paul Ryan doesn't have the votes.

el oh el

Jason Kander‏Verified account @JasonKander 7m7 minutes ago
"Who has two unconstitutional Muslim bans and a horrible national security strategy? This guy."

C6_7GMTV0AAyYBn.jpg

broz0rs

It's interesting to see the Freedom caucus emphasize how health care costs are out of control. A personal example is a good friend of mine recently delivered twins, one of which required two weeks in the NICU. Total cost of the bill was $120k. Thankfully, the vast majority of it was insured through his HMO.

So it begs the question, what policies would the Freedom caucus put in place if they're probably the most free market conservatives out there and firmly believes in repealing and not replacing ACA.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So...if they never repeal the ACA, they won't try for tax reform?

I think if they go home for the recess without having repealed it they are going to get mauled. Like the way Obummer got attacked by crazy people.

But again they will repeal it. The AHCA is designed for that.
Shit bill + small tweaks to save face = win!

I think if they go home for the recess without having repealed it they are going to get mauled. Like the way Obummer got attacked by crazy people.

The freedom caucus isn't budging for some small tweaks. The only way they lose is passing a bill too liberal for their base and getting themselves primaried. Not to mention the proxy way in the background between Ryan and Trump/Bannon. They have a better shot of pulling dem cross over votes imo than managing to craft a bill that gets the entire republican party on board.

Gruco

Banned

I am very confident the AHCA won't become law. The outcomes for the end users of health care are just too aggressively bad, the wings of the GOP are too far apart, and the attack ads write themselves.

Disclaimer: I was equally confident Trump would never become president.

Either way, backed themselves into a corner nice and good.

pigeon

Banned
I just feel like for the bill to become law somebody somewhere has to say they like it and think it should be law first

Also notice Trump called it the house bill and not our bill. They are ready to quickly throw Ryan to the wolves when this fails, and I don't see how his speakership survives for long with that major a failure

Trump really should hit up the Nathan Bedford Forrest statue while he's in Nashville.

Forrest2.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was sculpted by the same lady who restored that Spanish painting of Jesus.

We've got a chain strip club around here in Memphis with a statue like this in the parking lot, plus a rather large representation of a horse penis (which used to be larger, but it got classified as a falling risk by the city lmao).

Let me introduce you to my friend Paul Ryan. He's a serious, thinking man's conservative.

Even Ryan isn't supporting it, he threw Trump's name out earlier today to try to push the blame onto the White House.

sphagnum

Banned
It's interesting to see the Freedom caucus emphasize how health care costs are out of control. A personal example is a good friend of mine recently delivered twins, one of which required two weeks in the NICU. Total cost of the bill was $120k. Thankfully, the vast majority of it was insured through his HMO.

So it begs the question, what policies would the Freedom caucus put in place if they're probably the most free market conservatives out there and firmly believes in repealing and not replacing ACA.

You see, costs are out of control because of Obamacare. So repeal Obamacare and prices will go down!

Maxim726X

Anyone watching the TH with Price?

He's very good. Trying to spin this shit sandwich must be difficult... He's doing an admirable job.

I am very confident the AHCA won't become law. The outcomes for the end users of health care are just too aggressively bad, the wings of the GOP are too far apart, and the attack ads write themselves.

Disclaimer: I was equally confident Trump would never become president.

Either way, backed themselves into a corner nice and good.
I had your confidence until finding out that because the way they classified the bill, they only need a majority vote in the senate to pass it

Blader

That's not quite the Jackson quote, but then again, nobody involved here seems to know how fucking quotation marks work anymore.

I had your confidence until finding out that because the way they classified the bill, they only need a majority vote in the senate to pass it

And Senate Republicans have already said the bill as is won't pass the Senate.

Teggy

Trump doing incredible mental gymnastics to defend his tweet. First says it was in quotes ( which is not true in 2 cases) and she then says they have secret info that will be coming soon.

Diablos

C6_VoUrU4AAvGbK.jpg

I'm just patiently waiting for the other shoe to drop.
She could look disgusted because there's not enough there to go after Trump with. Who knows

What small tweaks specifically? The true believers in the House will never go for it

Wallach

Hey if that's the only option, hello President Winfrey.

I'd pretty much vote for a small dog or tin can over Trump, so whatever. Just get someone not totally fucking nuts that enough people will vote for. Ideally someone who can actually get some other downballot seats taken away from Republicans.

Teggy

Tom Price reminds me of that CEO character in the movies who purports to be a good guy but is very clearly torturing people in his basement.

I would hate having to vote for someone with no experience, but unlike Trump I would trust that Oprah would put a pretty good team together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom