• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixdean

TH4cXxb.png

benjipwns

Banned
IT BEGINS: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/omalley-iowa-2020-236063
O'Malley tests 2020 waters with Iowa poll
By GABRIEL DEBENEDETTI 03/15/17 06:00 AM EDT

Donald Trump is only in his second month in the White House, but already one Democrat is polling his party's Iowa caucus-goers ahead of a possible 2020 run for the presidency.

The leadership PAC of former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley commissioned a Public Policy Polling survey of the first-in-the-nation caucus state earlier this month, according to a copy of the results obtained by POLITICO.

The poll, which shows O’Malley at 18 percent of Democratic caucus-goers in a field of nine potential candidates if the contest were held today, also asked the Iowans about New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker; former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julián Castro; New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo; Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Kamala Harris of California and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota; Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg; and Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz. “Not sure” got 32 percent of the vote.

O’Malley — who ran against Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders for the 2016 nomination before dropping out on caucus night after earning less than 1 percent of the vote — was joined at the top of the poll by Booker, who was at 17 percent. Klobuchar, who represents a neighboring state and who's been a frequent visitor to Iowa over the years, got 11 percent. All other candidates were under 10 percent.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
To be fair I know nothing about Martin O'Malley other than he was the basis for the character of Tommy Carcetti which is a very bad endorsement.

To be fair I know nothing about Martin O'Malley other than he was the basis for the character of Tommy Carcetti which is a very bad endorsement.

Wasnt he the first person to use the term All Lives Matter? Isnt that his legacy? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean for the All Lives Matter movement to become what it did but I believe he was the first one to use the phrase when discussing the riots in Baltimore.

This is why the Maddow thing last night was so bad. Healthcare was going terribly for him.

It still is. It's not like his numbers mean much now anyway. If they pass the bill and it's a disaster no one is going to say "well I'm dying and can't afford insurance but Maddow overhyped a TV show so I'll vote trump"

Diablos

MARTINOMALLEY.COM
Iowa, Iowa... winter spring summer or fall~~

Also I gotta hand it to Martin, his damage control and ability to keep a straight face after Obama's first debate with Romney was some shit. "Dignified reserve," he said.

Still, would rather he not run again. His personality is kinda ehh

I don't mind O'Malley running. We need everyone in the pool IMO, the more the merrier. I never want to see a three/four person primary again.

And if O'Malley is as bad as some people think, he won't win anyway, so who cares.

Vixdean

Can we talk more about how terrible Paul Ryan is? Not just with his core ideological beliefs, but in his actual ability to craft policy. Of all the items on the GOP's plate, you could say repealing Obamacare was his "one job". Instead of proposing a bill that has a chance of getting to the President's desk, it's widely panned on both sides of the aisle and may not even be passable via Senate reconciliation rules. Then he goes on the record saying it's either this bill, unaltered, or we'll never repeal Obamacare. Is this all calculated or is he really just grossly unfit for his job?

jtb

Banned
Maddow played herself. I don't think it moves the needle on anything other than her reputation, which will (and should) take at least a minor hit.

GutsOfThor

I don't mind O'Malley running. We need everyone in the pool IMO, the more the merrier. I never want to see a three/four person primary again.

And if O'Malley is as bad as some people think, he won't win anyway, so who cares.

I agree! If someone wants to run let them run. O'Malley, Sanders, Oprah, Zuckerberg etc....

Let the primary play out naturally.

Wasnt he the first person to use the term All Lives Matter? Isnt that his legacy? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean for the All Lives Matter movement to become what it did but I believe he was the first one to use the phrase when discussing the riots in Baltimore.
Are you thinking of Hillary? O'Malley said Black Lives Matter at the first debate, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom